Is it fair to smoke around other people?

Is it fair to smoke around other people?

• Yes. It does them no harm.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No. Never, unless they say they don't mind.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Not around kids but around adults it's okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My father smoked non-filter cigarettes for over 25 years, drink at least a half-case of beer every night, and put gravy on just about everything he ate. He slept for about 4 hours a night and hardly ever on the weekends. He lived to be 47 so what's the problem with a cigarette now and then. Holy cow. Lighten up.
:lol:

Do you live next to a high traffic roadway with children?
It has been proven to stunt their lungs and increase respiratory problems by more than double.
Straw man. Cigarettes serve no purpose. Cars do.
But car emissions are regulated and regulations will continue to get more stringent. Just like those concerning cigarette smoke.

Knowing this and someone with children moving to that area is not a lot different from smoking around children. You are still increasing their risk factor.

And yes it is a bit of a straw man. :)

I wonder if any of the smokers in this thread with children smoke around them like Mountain Man does and what their thoughts are about their children becoming smokers too.

I wonder if any of the smokers in this thread with children smoke around them like Mountain Man does and what their thoughts are about their children becoming smokers too.

Chinese like to smoke as a rule so if the children smoke it will help them under their future Chinese masters.

Yes...unless you smoke around someone that is incapable of getting up and walking away.
You once said you would never smoke around me.

I guess this means you don't like me anymore. :(

My children are adults, dumbass.
They have free choice and free will.

Last edited:

Yes. I smoke around my teenage son, and my 16 month old granddaughter.

My hope is that they will grow up to become responsible adults, successful enough to support a carton-a-week habit, should they choose to take it up.

So if your children didn't want you to smoke around them you'd say don''t come to my house?

You don't say but I bet you smoked around them when they were kids. I find that to be the most heinous thing some smokers do. Children are at an even higher risk from complications due to cigarette smoke. They also tend to imitate their parents. Why would anyone want to harm their own children? But that is the nature of nicotine addiction. It often robs people of the will to do the right thing.

So if your children didn't want you to smoke around them you'd say don''t come to my house?
Did you miss the post about the car?
Try and keep up.
You don't say but I bet you smoked around them when they were kids. I find that to be the most heinous thing some smokers do. Children are at an even higher risk from complications due to cigarette smoke. They also tend to imitate their parents. Why would anyone want to harm their own children? But that is the nature of nicotine addiction. It often robs people of the will to do the right thing.
More assumptions and projections by you.
Try and quit being an idiot.

:wtf:

Forum List

Back