Why would ethics have anything to do with if one rejects the beliefs in others in order to define their own?

It would certainly be a strange and improbable, if not impossible, way to come to one’s own beliefs but I don’t see how that would fall under the scope of ethics, specifically being unethical.

You do know what ethics are, right?
It isn’t ethical because it is by nature disingenuous to argue what something is by what it isn’t.

That isn’t what atheism does. It doesn’t argue for itself, it’s simply being unconvinced of religion and it’s claims. I am an atheist because I am not convinced God exists. All the claims for the existence of God or gods I’ve encountered have yet to convince me.

That is neither to argue for atheism by arguing what it isn’t, nor arguing for atheism for what religion isn’t. So it isn’t disingenuous, nor would it be unethical.
I don’t think any Christian apologist, like William Lane Craig, or Christian philosopher, like Alvin Plantinga, would make such a claim either.
That is exactly what militant atheists do.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand your response.

What do you mean when you say “That is exactly what militant atheists do”?
They criticize and ridicule the beliefs of others to validate their own beliefs because they cannot make an argument for their beliefs any other way.
I criticize and ridicule your beliefs because they are dumb and don't make any sense on their own.

It isn’t ethical because it is by nature disingenuous to argue what something is by what it isn’t.

That isn’t what atheism does. It doesn’t argue for itself, it’s simply being unconvinced of religion and it’s claims. I am an atheist because I am not convinced God exists. All the claims for the existence of God or gods I’ve encountered have yet to convince me.

That is neither to argue for atheism by arguing what it isn’t, nor arguing for atheism for what religion isn’t. So it isn’t disingenuous, nor would it be unethical.
I don’t think any Christian apologist, like William Lane Craig, or Christian philosopher, like Alvin Plantinga, would make such a claim either.

They criticize and ridicule the beliefs of others to validate their own beliefs because they cannot make an argument for their beliefs any other way.
I criticize and ridicule your beliefs because they are dumb and don't make any sense on their own.
You criticize and ridicule our beliefs to validate your own. It’s your only option.

You criticize and ridicule our beliefs to validate your own. It’s your only option.
My position is we don't know. I don't get that from your illogical position.

You don’t argue like you don’t know. If you dismiss everything it shows you do believe you know.

You don’t argue like you don’t know. If you dismiss everything it shows you do believe you know.
I dismiss things that can't be proven. Or that haven't been proven. Or that someone has failed to prove...

I dismiss things that can't be proven. Or that haven't been proven. Or that someone has failed to prove...
That’s why I am proving them for you using your language. Of course you really don’t know very much about science.

That’s why I am proving them for you using your language. Of course you really don’t know very much about science.
You know nothing about proving things.

I’m happy to let each person decide that for themselves. That’s where you come in. You help me more than you will ever know.

I’m happy to let each person decide that for themselves. That’s where you come in. You help me more than you will ever know.
I'm always glad to help since you need so much of it.

If it weren't for you, I would have no platform.

Like I said, glad to help the needy. :biggrin:

What you intended for evil God is using for good.

I don't intend anything for evil. You just need a bogeyman to make your myths seem real.

I don't intend anything for evil. You just need a bogeyman to make your myths seem real.
Your behaviors say otherwise.

What have I done that's evil?

If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.

If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.
So nothing, that’s what I thought.

New Topics

Forum List

Back