Is it deliberate??

So we aren't being forced to start using green energy??

Can someone explain this to me?? I thought the President couldn't control the oil market?????
WASHINGTON - Seeking to show the public he understands the burden of rising gas prices, President Barack Obama set an ambitious goal of reducing U.S. oil imports by one-third by 2025, and vowed to break through the political gridlock that has stymied similar initiatives for decades.

"Presidents and politicians of every stripe have promised energy independence but that promise has so far gone unmet," Obama said Wednesday during a speech on energy at Georgetown University.

"That has to change. We cannot keep going from shock to trance on the issue of energy security, rushing to propose action when gas prices rise, then hitting the snooze button when they fall again," he said.

Obama touted a series of initiatives - some new, but many he's previously announced - that he said would boost domestic oil production, increase the use of biofuels and natural gas, and make vehicles more energy efficient. And he embraced nuclear power as part of America's energy future, despite increased safety concerns following the earthquake and tsunami in Japan that severely damaged a nuclear power plant there.

Obama calls for reduction in oil imports - CBS News

This has nothing to do with rising oil prices??

Is the rise in gas prices a deliberate attempt to force US Citizens to jump on board with alternative energy??

Everyone is worried about increasing taxes, but what about the hit to the lower and middle class on gas prices??

How high will these prices go?? I'm hearing $5.00 by Summer. So far, it's right on track.

Will alternative energy be forced down our throats because we can't afford the cost of oil?? Is that part of a bigger plan??

0bama never mentions gas prices, it's not on his campaign agenda as far as I can tell.

Nope nothing so noble as that.
Just speculative greed.
And it will make the economic numbers "look" better.

How would you stop the oil industry from manipulating oil prices?

There is nothing to stop. If you really believe they are manipulating prices, and object that much to it, stop using their product. Then you will be happy, having withdrawn your participation.

Forum List

Back