Is it child abuse to ...

Please select one of the below to head this statement in my post below.

• It is child abuse to raise your kids to think that ...

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Not exactly child abuse but very bad parenting to raise your kids to think that ...

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • A very good way to raise children is to teach them that ...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other. Please explain in a post

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
... ... homosexuals are degenerates that should be culled from the herd.

Last edited:
Who the hell teaches that?

No, it's not child abuse because it's not abusing a child. You can't prosecute people as child abusers just because they don't teach their children the same things you do.

Abuse is not teaching children something bad about others...it occurs only when you're doing something bad to the child. Therefore while telling gays they should be culled could be considered abusive, telling your child that gays should be culled is not abuse of the child.

Dictionary.com
a·buse /v. əˈbyuz; n. əˈbyus/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[v. uh-byooz; n. uh-byoos] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, a·bused, a·bus·ing, noun
–verb (used with object) 1. to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
2. to treat in a harmful, injurious, or offensive way: to abuse a horse; to abuse one's eyesight.
3. to speak insultingly, harshly, and unjustly to or about; revile; malign.
4. to commit sexual assault upon.
5. Obsolete. to deceive or mislead.
–noun 6. wrong or improper use; misuse: the abuse of privileges.
7. harshly or coarsely insulting language: The officer heaped abuse on his men.
8. bad or improper treatment; maltreatment: The child was subjected to cruel abuse.
9. a corrupt or improper practice or custom: the abuses of a totalitarian regime.
10. rape or sexual assault.
11. Obsolete. deception.
—Idiom12. abuse oneself, to masturbate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1400&#8211;50; (v.) late ME abusen < MF abuser, v. deriv. of abus < L ab&#363;sus misuse, wasting, equiv. to ab&#363;t(&#299;) to use up, misuse (ab- ab- + &#363;t&#299; to use) + -tus suffix of v. action; (n.) late ME abus < MF abus or L ab&#363;sus]

&#8212;Related forms
a·bus·a·ble /&#601;&#712;byuz&#601;b&#601;l/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-byoo-zuh-buhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective
a·bus·er, noun

&#8212;Synonyms 1. misapply. 2. ill-use, maltreat, injure, harm, hurt. 3. vilify, vituperate, berate, scold; slander, defame, calumniate, traduce. 6. misapplication. 7. slander, aspersion. Abuse, censure, invective all mean strongly expressed disapproval. Abuse implies an outburst of harsh and scathing words against another (often one who is defenseless): abuse directed against an opponent. Censure implies blame, adverse criticism, or hostile condemnation: severe censure of acts showing bad judgment. Invective applies to strong but formal denunciation in speech or print, often in the public interest: invective against graft. &#8212;Antonyms 3, 7. praise.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Where the hell did you get that from? I personally don't care what a persons lifestlye is, it says nothing about the persons charcter. The only thing I would say is this, in answer to your question above, the word your searching for is "indoctrination" basically when someone that has a belief system that they wish to impress upon someone else, namely a child. They indoctrinate them into that belief.

in·doc·tri·nate (n-dktr-nt)
tr.v. in·doc·tri·nat·ed, in·doc·tri·nat·ing, in·doc·tri·nates
1. To instruct in a body of doctrine or principles.
2. To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view:homosexuals are degenerates that should be culled from the herd

So thats what your looking for, but to maintain such a stupid assertion would be rather like me saying, " the pure race is blonde hair and blue eye's" sound familier? Someone else in history thought that way and he ended up killing millions. That too was warped idealology as this one is.

It's about criminalizing thought, and those who have different morals than your own.

Shogun's on the same kick on the thread about forcing welfare recipients to take UAs, and throwing them into jail for child neglect if they fail.

While at the same time releasing all the non-welfare drug offenders to make room for them. Because apparently, THOSE drug offenders weren't commiting neglect by way of taking drugs....

Where the hell did you get that from? I personally don't care what a persons lifestlye is, it says nothing about the persons charcter. The only thing I would say is this, in answer to your question above, the word your searching for is "indoctrination" basically when someone that has a belief system that they wish to impress upon someone else, namely a child. They indoctrinate them into that belief.

in·doc·tri·nate (n-dktr-nt)
tr.v. in·doc·tri·nat·ed, in·doc·tri·nat·ing, in·doc·tri·nates
1. To instruct in a body of doctrine or principles.
2. To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view:homosexuals are degenerates that should be culled from the herd

So thats what your looking for, but to maintain such a stupid assertion would be rather like me saying, " the pure race is blonde hair and blue eye's" sound familier? Someone else in history thought that way and he ended up killing millions. That too was warped idealology as this one is.

I got it from Sunni Man.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...ould-homosexuals-procreate-33.html#post816991

I think it's a form of mental and emotional abuse because it teaches them to hate. That is something that will stick with them for the rest of their lives.

I agree that it's mental and emotional abuse. I do think that people are capable of recovering from abuse, physical and mental.
I just hope Sonny doesn't have kids and that he never does. I'm not sure he is able to recover from being who he is. His kind of hate is so deep seated and pathological.

I agree that it's mental and emotional abuse. I do think that people are capable of recovering from abuse, physical and mental.
I just hope Sonny doesn't have kids and that he never does. I'm not sure he is able to recover from being who he is. His kind of hate is so deep seated and pathological.

You just NOW found out Muslims HATE Gays? That they enforce death sentences on gays in Arab Countries? What rock have YOU been living under?

*rae* But they still allow gays into the military. *grin*

Is there some point you're trying to make? No, they REALLY don't. The military was forced to stop asking if applicants had ever engaged in sexually deviant behavior and/or if they were gay.

There have always been gays in the military. They choose to serve the military and keep their sexual behavior private, as it should be. Can't give someone the boot for what you don't know.

However, someone discovered to be gay in the Marine Corps is gone. Period. Regardless your opinion of their lifestyle, THAT lifestyle is NOT suitable to military life, and is in fact disruptive to unit cohesion.

Which has nothing to do with anything other than you trying to goad RGS.

It's perfectly fine to teach them it is abnormal sexual behavior. Same as I taught my children that wearing green spiked mohawks is abnormal social behavior.

The same as I taught my children right from wrong on any subject covering right from wrong. Allowing children to decide for themselves is just some liberal garbage and basically stupid thinking. They aren't capable of it. If they were capable of rational, logical thought, they wouldn't need parents.

I do not however condone teaching them to hate. Teaching them something is not normal or is wrong does NOT have to include hate.

The only thing my kids hate are leftwingnuts.:D

You just NOW found out Muslims HATE Gays? That they enforce death sentences on gays in Arab Countries? What rock have YOU been living under?

Do you actually know any Muslims? I do. None of them hate gays and one has several good friends who are gay.
Don't confuse Muslims with Arabs. Not all Arabs are Muslim and not all Muslims are Arab.

Is there some point you're trying to make? No, they REALLY don't. The military was forced to stop asking if applicants had ever engaged in sexually deviant behavior and/or if they were gay.

There have always been gays in the military. They choose to serve the military and keep their sexual behavior private, as it should be. Can't give someone the boot for what you don't know.

However, someone discovered to be gay in the Marine Corps is gone. Period. Regardless your opinion of their lifestyle, THAT lifestyle is NOT suitable to military life, and is in fact disruptive to unit cohesion.

Which has nothing to do with anything other than you trying to goad RGS.

Can you imagine if straight people were told to keep their sexual orientation private or be discharged, how many straight people would be left in the military?

I think a lot of the younger recruits would disagree with you about gays being suitable as soldiers and whether or not open gayness was disruptive to unit cohesion. I watched a show a while back where this issue was discussed and they did a poll and interviews with soldiers and though I don't recall the exact results of the poll, it was about 50/50 as to whether gays being allowed to say they were gay had any effect or not. Many of the younger soldiers said it was no big deal. Younger straight men and women don't feel as threatened by gayness since it's become more accepted in mainstream society.

I would think that soldiers being made to live a lie would be a hazard to a unit's mental health.

Shogun's on the same kick on the thread about forcing welfare recipients to take UAs, and throwing them into jail for child neglect if they fail.

While at the same time releasing all the non-welfare drug offenders to make room for them. Because apparently, THOSE drug offenders weren't commiting neglect by way of taking drugs....

What is a UA?

Forum List

Back