is it asking too much that they only take one plane to the vineyard?

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
wtf? did she think the tide was going to go out and not come back?

this is just ridiculous

Michelle Obama and President Obama traveled to Martha’s Vineyard just hours apart, costing taxpayers thousands in additional expenses so she could have just a bit of extra vacation time.

Mrs. Obama and her daughters arrived just before 2 pm Thursday on a U.S. government jet, according to the Martha’s Vineyard Times, which got its information from the local airport. The first lady’s office has been silent on her travel. President Obama arrived in the evening along with the family dog Bo.

The extra costs related to Mrs. Obama’s solo trip mainly include the flight on a specially designed military aircraft she took instead of Air Force One, as well as any extra staff and Secret Service that had to be enlisted to go with her. She would also have had her own motorcade from the airport to her vacation residence.

Michelle’s Separate Travel Costs Taxpayers Thousands | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

what about her carbon footprint?

all in all, she's a pretty crappy first lady

this is just ridiculous

Michelle Obama and President Obama traveled to Martha’s Vineyard just hours apart, costing taxpayers thousands in additional expenses so she could have just a bit of extra vacation time.

Mrs. Obama and her daughters arrived just before 2 pm Thursday on a U.S. government jet, according to the Martha’s Vineyard Times, which got its information from the local airport. The first lady’s office has been silent on her travel. President Obama arrived in the evening along with the family dog Bo.

The extra costs related to Mrs. Obama’s solo trip mainly include the flight on a specially designed military aircraft she took instead of Air Force One, as well as any extra staff and Secret Service that had to be enlisted to go with her. She would also have had her own motorcade from the airport to her vacation residence.

Michelle’s Separate Travel Costs Taxpayers Thousands | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

There is no extra costs. The Air Force flies daily hops. I rode on them many times for free in the Army. I rode USAF planes mostly.

Does anyone else find it odd that he chose to fly with his dog instead of with his wife and children?

this is just ridiculous

There is no extra costs. The Air Force flies daily hops. I rode on them many times for free in the Army. I rode USAF planes mostly.

Yea, she hopped a scheduled flight. :lol::lol: How stupid are you trying to make yourself look?

Seems like when we were in the middle of the financial meltdown in 2009 and the Obama's went to Hawaii on vacation? Didn't Michelle and the girls leave a few days ahead of the President then too? Do they EVER travel with him? We always saw photos of George and Laura coming down the steps from Air Force One holding hands, but I don't recall seeing such a photo of Michelle and Barack.

It would be an interesting project for some good investigative reporter with a lot of time on his or her hands to do some research on that.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure I'm 100% sure this 'separate by four hours' thing is completely authentic as I can't find it on any credible news source but am finding it only on blogs critical of the President. But none are reporting that they traveled together either but are referring to him alone.

Tis a puzzlement. :)

This is a very private matter. President Obama has an administration office he needs to run, and Michelle is in charge of two young daughters who have a social life.

We would be unwise to let the First Lady drive herself anywhere and get mugged and kidnapped by a terrorist. At that point, there would be hell to pay.

A First Lady flying to Martha's Vineyard from the White House is a lot cheaper than one flying to Timbuktu to blow off steam and ride a camel. But some family matters have no place in print.

Michelle Obama, I'm giving you a pass for being a good mother and a worthy person in your own right.

May God bless you and keep you and yours safe always.

Forum List

Back