Is it any wonder that the Irish are the strongest European supporters of the the Palestinians?

No wonder at all.
To the Degree the Irish had/have a Persecution complex, and themselves were Terrorists, of course they support the PalestinKians.

Let us know if there's Any specific issue you want to excerpt and debate.
LOL.
All you do is Cut-and-Paste/Spam here.

Yaawwwwwwnn.
`

I remember the days when Irish-Americans were actually sending money to the Irish Republican Army, and the American government did nothing about it.

No wonder at all.
To the Degree the Irish had/have a Persecution complex, and themselves were Terrorists, of course they support the PalestinKians.

LOL.

Yaawwwwwwnn.
`

So, you believe that the British did not persecute the Irish (it's just an Irish complex). And, you believe that the Irish that resisted British occupation were terrorists rather than freedom fighters. It makes it clear why you support Israel. You have cognitive dissonance.

Ahh yes, the heady days of Teddy Kennedy and Tip O'Neill.

I still hope to go to grad school in Ireland just for the endless kegs of Guinness and the redheads.

Terrorists attract terrorists :dunno:

In other words.... birds of a feather fly together.

I remember the days when Irish-Americans were actually sending money to the Irish Republican Army, and the American government did nothing about it.

Why should the U.S. have prevented Irish-Americans from sending money to the Irish freedom fighters? Did/does the U.S. believe that British colonization/oppression of the Irish was justified? Just a simple question.

In other words, you support oppression and colonization. And, believe that the oppressed and colonized should accept their fate. Just be honest, that;s what you believe.

No wonder at all.

LOL.

Yaawwwwwwnn.
`

So, you believe that the British did not persecute the Irish (it's just an Irish complex). And, you believe that the Irish that resisted British occupation were terrorists rather than freedom fighters. It makes it clear why you support Israel. You have cognitive dissonance.
I believe the Irish had a legitimate beef with the British.

I do not agree that planting bombs and killing people was necessary.

Ultimately, there was a peaceful solution.

The Irish Republican Army should have followed the example of Ghandi and used peaceful negotiation rather than terrorism.

Why should the U.S. have prevented Irish-Americans from sending money to the Irish freedom fighters? Did/does the U.S. believe that British colonization/oppression of the Irish was justified? Just a simple question.
For the same reason that Muslims who send money to Muslim terrorist groups are arrested and put in prison. Same reason.

The British pulled out of Ireland in 1922, except for the six Northern Counties that wanted to stay British. Why shouldn't their wishes be taken into consideration?

In other words, you support oppression and colonization. And, believe that the oppressed and colonized should accept their fate. Just be honest, that;s what you believe.

No

I am saying that some Irish, (not all by a long shot) feel a sympathy towards the Palis and their terrorist methods.

Had the Irish not resisted, do you think that the British would have compromised? The only reason they compromised in India is because they were tapped out and because, in fact, there was a tremendous amount of anti British violence which tipped the scale for independence.

"While Gandhian non-violence was certainly instrumental in creating a unified independence movement, it was ultimately the threat of widespread violent insurrection that eventually toppled the British Raj."

The Necessity of Violence for Indian Independence Kurukshetra

And the Irish who wanted to stay British? Was their violence equally justified?

Irish-American Catholics who supported IRA terrorism were violating basic tenets of the Catholic faith. And I know that included a lot if Irish-American priests. The whole situation was an embarrassment to all Irish-American Catholics who believe in law and order, and I'm glad its over.

I saw on the news a video of an Irish Catholic mob murder two policemen. That turned me against the IRA, permanently.

The British pulled out of Ireland in 1922, except for the six Northern Counties that wanted to stay British. Why shouldn't their wishes be taken into consideration?

Because they were the offspring of settlers from England, Wales and Scotland and many were moved to the 6 counties to create a small artificial Protestant majority that continued to oppress a Catholic population of nearly the same size. As of 2011 the Catholic and Protestant populations were about equal. in the 6 counties. The Catholics are probably by now (2015) a small majority and want to be part of the Republic of Ireland. Personally, as long as the idiot Orangemen stop their gloating marches, celebrating the colonization/settlement of Ireland and if the Catholics in the 6 counties are not oppressed and are allowed to maintain Irish nationality (as they are now), why not let the 6 counties remain British. But, it is up to the Irish. It is their island.

Irish-American Catholics who supported IRA terrorism were violating basic tenets of the Catholic faith. And I know that included a lot if Irish-American priests. The whole situation was an embarrassment to all Irish-American Catholics who believe in law and order, and I'm glad its over.

But, you excuse the murder of thousands of Catholic civilians on the part of the Ulster constabulary and the British army. Well done.

Nahhhhhhh...

The Irish did, indeed, fight the Brits, because the Brits had no claim to the land, and because they were largely absentee landlords, and the American People did, indeed, support the Irish in their struggle, for the most part...

The Palestinians do, indeed, fight the Jews, even though the Jews had a prior claim to the land, and even though the Jews live there, and the American People do, indeed, support the Jews in their struggle, for the most part...

Why?

Because the Irish are a huge part of who we are as a nation, and because they're Christian, just like us, and because we like Christians far better than we like Muslims, and, for that matter, because we like Jews far better than we like Muslims, too...

Inconsistent?

Yep.

Hypocritical?

Yep.

Do we care?

Nope.

Why?

Because it pleases us that it be so.

We need no other reason.

Forum List

Back