Is it an Employer's Right to Discriminate?

Stay at home moms or dads are fine with this liberal - probably with most liberals. Please don't put thoughts in our heads. Use another term for anyone who disagrees with you, and your argument will gain more value. (My wife stayed home for many years, and our sons are doing the same.)

Next point, employment is always up to the employer. You apply for a job and assuming a level playing field you get it or not. The point at which this becomes a problem is you operate in a social (lawful) setting in which it is assumed you are a fair employer. Discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation is against the principles of our constitution and our labor laws. Freedom here is not relevant.

PC is a hammer that is used when thought escapes - Avoid it.

Last edited:
An employer should have the right to hire the most qualified at the most cost efficient salary....with absolutely no concern about race religion or sex.

Unfortunately they can not as many times when we pass on someone, it is automatically assumed the white christian gentleman was hired becuase of discrimination.

Any of you non business owners know how much it costs to defend against discrimination suits and accusations?

Any of you non business owners know how much time must be spent with the department of labor to prove we did not dscriminate?

It almost puts us in a psotion to discriminate against white christian men.

And that is exactly what they want to have happen.

They want you to be afraid to hire the white christian man at any cost.

Immie

"An attempt to make it safe for your children to go to school w/o being kidnapped and held for ransom by a large disenfranchised lower class."

A disgraceful statement by you.
Huh?

I'll admit I could have used a few more words to further point out my admitted fear of becoming like Mexico where sure enough poor folks kidnap the kids or the wealthy for ransom.

People seem to ignore the fact that humans will always be human and you cannot legislate away how people think and feel.

Consider the following:

- How many rabid racists do you think are made to be less racist by anti-discrimination and affirmative action laws? I say zero.

- How many non-racists do you think would become racist if they are denied a job because of anti-discrimination and affirmative action laws? I say more than zero.

By this math, albeit simple, anti-discrimination and affirmative actions laws create more racists than there would otherwise be.

Racism will likely never go away completely. But as long as we continue to legislate based on race, it's here to stay... in an unnecessarily BIG way.
huh...so in order to prevent creating future racists we should allow racism...interesting concept.
:lol:

An employer should have the right to hire the most qualified at the most cost efficient salary....with absolutely no concern about race religion or sex.

Unfortunately they can not as many times when we pass on someone, it is automatically assumed the white christian gentleman was hired becuase of discrimination.

Any of you non business owners know how much it costs to defend against discrimination suits and accusations?

Any of you non business owners know how much time must be spent with the department of labor to prove we did not dscriminate?

Immie

huh?

discrimination against someone because of their religion IS COVERED and part of this same law!?????

I for one, as a female working in a man's field have been grateful for the anti discrimination laws being in place which allowed me to be hired and advance on my own merits instead of being turned down for the job at the door.

People seem to ignore the fact that humans will always be human and you cannot legislate away how people think and feel.

Consider the following:

- How many rabid racists do you think are made to be less racist by anti-discrimination and affirmative action laws? I say zero.

- How many non-racists do you think would become racist if they are denied a job because of anti-discrimination and affirmative action laws? I say more than zero.

By this math, albeit simple, anti-discrimination and affirmative actions laws create more racists than there would otherwise be.

Racism will likely never go away completely. But as long as we continue to legislate based on race, it's here to stay... in an unnecessarily BIG way.

Manifold I can argue against your two points. A well thought out reply.

I still disagree but that will be in the back of my head.

Consider the following:

huh...so in order to prevent creating future racists we should allow racism...interesting concept.
:lol:

I'd say it's analogous to the concept of creating future terrorists by trying to force democracy down the throats of middle easterners.

Let me put it another way for the simpletons here. ;)

Anytime you force anything on anyone, it breeds resentment. It's fundamental human nature.

Go ahead and try to deny this fact. I dare you.

Immie

huh?

discrimination against someone because of their religion IS COVERED and part of this same law!?????

I for one, as a female working in a man's field have been grateful for the anti discrimination laws being in place which allowed me to be hired and advance on my own merits instead of being turned down for the job at the door.

And the man that was denied the jobn becuase he is a man? How do you think he felt?

And yes.....race, religion, age and sex were all factrors used to determine the "protected groups"

What is not in ANY protected group?

White, male, christian below the age of 50. How do you think they feel? What did they do wrong?

I am not one of them, but interestingly, the few UI have had toi terminate over the years never brought a discrinmination action against me.

But most women and minority that were terminated (as ironic as that sounds) did.

None won.....but I spent 10's of thousands to prove all terminations were warranted....and all of them were.

Ironically...if you are a minority employer, you are just as apt to have action taken against yoiu for discrimination......go figure.,

Immie

huh?

And the man that was denied the jobn becuase he is a man? How do you think he felt?

And yes.....race, religion, age and sex were all factrors used to determine the "protected groups"

White, male, christian below the age of 50. How do you think they feel? What did they do wrong?

I am not one of them, but interestingly, the few UI have had toi terminate over the years never brought a discrinmination action against me.

But most women and minority that were terminated (as ironic as that sounds) did.

None won.....but I spent 10's of thousands to prove all terminations were warranted....and all of them were.

Ironically...if you are a minority employer, you are just as apt to have action taken against yoiu for discrimination......go figure.,

utter bullcrap.... ;) all the law asks is that you give everyone, regardless of race, gender, religion or age, a FAIR CHANCE on MERIT at getting the job....it DOES NOT tell the private employer who to pick?

Anytime you force anything on anyone, it breeds resentment. It's fundamental human nature.

Prolly...but so what? Why must you make fear of how others react shape your decisions?

Immie

huh?

Actually whites, males, and Christians fall under the same umbrella of non-discrimination. Read the law.

utter bullcrap.... ;) all the law asks is that you give everyone, regardless of race, gender, religion or age, a FAIR CHANCE on MERIT at getting the job....it DOES NOT tell the private employer who to pick?

No offense Care, but that's pretty naive.

If that were true, then nobody who sues a company for discrimination would ever win.

Implicitly, the law ABSOLUTELY tells you who to pick to avoid being sued.

Prolly...but so what? Why must you make fear of how others react shape your decisions?

So you don't think the risk of being sued should factor into decision making? :cuckoo:

huh?

No it does not.
But what it DOES give is the protected group grounds for action.....and puts the employer in a position to defend his or her innocence.
All you need to do is be a minority, a woman or anyone over the age of 50 and your action will be automatically recognized as viable for court action.
If you do not fall within these dempographics, you must have a hearing with discovery to prove you have a case.
WHen a case does not need to be proven ahead of time, many capitalize on it with the attitude of "what the heck, it is worth a shot"

I suggest you read up on labor law. You will be kind of surprised at what you see.

So you don't think the risk of being sued should factor into decision making? :cuckoo:
:rolleyes: I was talking about your idiotic belief that the chance that someone will get resentful is reason enough to allow racism.

huh?

Actually whites, males, and Christians fall under the same umbrella of non-discrimination. Read the law.

Yes.....

but then look further....Orthodox Jewish MALES are under the protected group
ALL males over 50 as well
The only truely non protected are white christian males under 50......and exactly why are they not protected like everyone else?

Immie

huh?

All the while, some other gentleman was turned down at the door.

If, and I am not saying you did, you got your job based on AA then you did not get your job on your own merits.

Also, Care, it is impossible for a white christian male to claim he was discriminated against even if he was not hired because the company needed to hire a woman to keep from being sued.

Immie

Last edited:

:rolleyes: I was talking about your idiotic belief that the chance that someone will get resentful is reason enough to allow racism.

You mean as opposed to your retarded assumption that racism can somehow be disallowed? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back