Is it acceptable for the government to force on you something you do not want?

be prepared to run 150 km

if you need to run 150km almost no one can do it

Even if it saves my life, the government has no right to force me to take any insurance, unless required for a license for something I choose, like driving a car. My greatest objection to health care managed by any government is that I have no choice about which doctor I will see or what treatment will be paid. If I believed doctors I would have already been dead four times, but instead I make my own choice of something better that insurance would not pay for anyway. Whatever the insurance covers should be 100% our own choice, especially not any government dumb rule.
Your ignorance should be your greater concern, as the ACA doesn't 'force' anyone to have insurance.
No just pay fines they can't afford if they don't.

Even if it saves my life, the government has no right to force me to take any insurance, unless required for a license for something I choose, like driving a car. My greatest objection to health care managed by any government is that I have no choice about which doctor I will see or what treatment will be paid. If I believed doctors I would have already been dead four times, but instead I make my own choice of something better that insurance would not pay for anyway. Whatever the insurance covers should be 100% our own choice, especially not any government dumb rule.
Your ignorance should be your greater concern, as the ACA doesn't 'force' anyone to have insurance.
No just pay fines they can't afford if they don't.
Yes, we have to pay for a lot of wrong and useless things. I suppose most of the world is extremely inefficient also.

MARVIN ZINN SAID: ↑

“Even if it saves my life, the government has no right to force me to take any insurance...”

No one ever said it did.

The ACA doesn't 'force' anyone to do anything.

Currently there are millions of Americans checking 'no' on their income tax returns indicating they had no health insurance during 2014 – with complete impunity. And they'll continue to be at liberty to have no health insurance if they so desire.

Then why does the new law written by President Obama require every citizen to have health insurance. At least that is how it is reported. There are no exceptions, not even by religion.

Forum List

Back