Is It A Provocation To Knock Down Those N. Korean Missles?

acludem said:
I'm not promoting invasion per se, I'm pointed out that under the George (Chimpy McPresident) Bush foreign policy, we should invade. According to dubya, if we decide you're a threat to our country, whether you've actually threatened us or not, we should invade, eliminate your government and destroy your infrastructure, then go on a bizillion dollar rebuilding spree led by Halliburton.

That being said, I honestly wouldn't have much problem with invading North Korea. I would hope we wouldn't have to, but if this guy insists on launching nukes at Hawaii, I'm not sure we won't have a choice.

acludem

Do we really NEED Hawaii? I mean, if that would do it for Kim, why start a war over it? :dunno: What did his people ever do to us? What could they do to us?

Kathianne said:
Do we really NEED Hawaii? I mean, if that would do it for Kim, why start a war over it? :dunno: What did his people ever do to us? What could they do to us?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, if he insists on launching nukes at Hawaii, we will have no choice but to invade. After all, rich criminals need somewhere tropical they can go without a passport.

acludem

acludem said:
South Korea would love us to go in an get rid of that nutcase. He's a bigger threat to them than anyone else is. They are making nice with each other, but I guarantee you, the South Koreans would love nothing better than to Kim Il Jong run out of North Korea on a rail. Then perhaps democracy could take root there and Korea could once again be united.

If Iraq was enough of a threat to launch a war against, than North Korea certainly is, and you don't have to deal with religious wars, insurgency, and large land areas there. George Bush has grounds to attack North Korea, they launched missles in the direction of our allies in Japan. They are a major threat to Hawaii.

George Bush is failing to protect our country from a dangerous dictatorship, while he spends massive resources and many brave soldiers lives, in trying to clean up after toppling a dictator who was absolutely no danger to the U.S. This like letting a massive cut in your finger fester because you're too busy fixing a hangnail.

acludem
Yer full o shit.

acludem said:
South Korea would love us to go in an get rid of that nutcase. He's a bigger threat to them than anyone else is. They are making nice with each other, but I guarantee you, the South Koreans would love nothing better than to Kim Il Jong run out of North Korea on a rail. Then perhaps democracy could take root there and Korea could once again be united.

If Iraq was enough of a threat to launch a war against, than North Korea certainly is, and you don't have to deal with religious wars, insurgency, and large land areas there. George Bush has grounds to attack North Korea, they launched missles in the direction of our allies in Japan. They are a major threat to Hawaii.

George Bush is failing to protect our country from a dangerous dictatorship, while he spends massive resources and many brave soldiers lives, in trying to clean up after toppling a dictator who was absolutely no danger to the U.S. This like letting a massive cut in your finger fester because you're too busy fixing a hangnail.

acludem

I can agree with your first two paragraphs. You had to go and spoil it though with the last one -- accusatory, partisan bullshit.

GunnyL said:
I can agree with your first two paragraphs. You had to go and spoil it though with the last one -- accusatory, partisan bullshit.

I'd have to agree. Until that last paragraphy:puke: ; spoiled the poster's entire credibilty, IMO.

acludem said:

acludem

You forgot one very important thing. There's no oil under North Korea.

acludem said:
I'm not promoting invasion per se, I'm pointed out that under the George (Chimpy McPresident) Bush foreign policy, we should invade. According to dubya, if we decide you're a threat to our country, whether you've actually threatened us or not, we should invade, eliminate your government and destroy your infrastructure, then go on a bizillion dollar rebuilding spree led by Halliburton.

That being said, I honestly wouldn't have much problem with invading North Korea. I would hope we wouldn't have to, but if this guy insists on launching nukes at Hawaii, I'm not sure we won't have a choice.

acludem

The problem with invading North Korea is, as I mentioned earlier, South Korea. Any unilateral military action on the part of the US would send North Korean troops streaming across the 38th parallel, destroying one of the world's biggest economies and turn South Korea into one, huge killing ground.

Invasion is not an option unless you're a member of the Rapture right-wing of the GOP and see further world turmoil and war as just another step in the fulfillment of some arcane, insane biblical prophecy.

Bullypulpit said:
The problem with invading North Korea is, as I mentioned earlier, South Korea. Any unilateral military action on the part of the US would send North Korean troops streaming across the 38th parallel, destroying one of the world's biggest economies and turn South Korea into one, huge killing ground.

Invasion is not an option unless you're a member of the Rapture right-wing of the GOP and see further world turmoil and war as just another step in the fulfillment of some arcane, insane biblical prophecy.

I do not disagree that the war would reactivate, after all it's only been on 'hold' the past 50 plus years. However, it seems like there's an assumption that only the North can fight, the South would just be 'victims.' Pretty hard to get that with nearly 50k American troops equipped, aircraft carriers and subs offshore, and the South Korean military too.

Kathianne said:
I do not disagree that the war would reactivate, after all it's only been on 'hold' the past 50 plus years. However, it seems like there's an assumption that only the North can fight, the South would just be 'victims.' Pretty hard to get that with nearly 50k American troops equipped, aircraft carriers and subs offshore, and the South Korean military too.

Even a 'best case' scenario for invasion of North Korea would result in tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of civilian casualties, particularly given the urbanization of areas near the 38th parallel that were once either open country or farmland some 50 years ago.The South Korean army is as tough and capable as any, but they and 50,000 US troops, as good as they are, can't hold back nearly one million North Korean troops, unless they want to use tactical nukes. A pretty high price to pay for the missed opportunities and failed policies of Chimpy's administration.

As I said before, it's only an option if you've got messianic delusions.

Bullypulpit said:
Even a 'best case' scenario for invasion of North Korea would result in tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of civilian casualties, particularly given the urbanization of areas near the 38th parallel that were once either open country or farmland some 50 years ago. And 50,000 US troops, as good as they are can't hold back nearly one million Norht Korean troops, unless they want to use tactical nukes. A pretty high price to pay for the missed opportunities and failed policies of Chimpy's administration.

And as I said, I think we'll throw more $$, aid, etc. and bilateral talks. I'm certain it will be productive.

Bullypulpit said:
You forgot one very important thing. There's no oil under North Korea.

The implication in your post is that we are willing to invade for oil. You can of course show where we have invaded in the past and seized another nation's oil?

Bullypulpit said:
Even a 'best case' scenario for invasion of North Korea would result in tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of civilian casualties, particularly given the urbanization of areas near the 38th parallel that were once either open country or farmland some 50 years ago.The South Korean army is as tough and capable as any, but they and 50,000 US troops, as good as they are, can't hold back nearly one million North Korean troops, unless they want to use tactical nukes. A pretty high price to pay for the missed opportunities and failed policies of Chimpy's administration.

The US and ROK are quite capable of holding off an invasion from NK. Let's weight those hundreds of thousands of casualties against the possible number of casualties should a nuke reach a US city.

In warfare, the idea is to win, and come away with the least casualties. Cold blooded as it sounds, hundreds of thousands of Korean casualties beats the Hell out of hundreds of thousands of US casualties, and that is exactly how military planners are going to look at it. The only thing stopping it are politicans worried about perception.

GunnyL said:
The implication in your post is that we are willing to invade for oil. You can of course show where we have invaded in the past and seized another nation's oil?

Good, Good, Good, Good, point!!!!!

Bullypulpit said:
Even a 'best case' scenario for invasion of North Korea would result in tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of civilian casualties, particularly given the urbanization of areas near the 38th parallel that were once either open country or farmland some 50 years ago.The South Korean army is as tough and capable as any, but they and 50,000 US troops, as good as they are, can't hold back nearly one million North Korean troops, unless they want to use tactical nukes.

Well, technically...I think they could hold back a million NK troops. I don't want war with NK, and I think it's time to bring our troops home. But SK would mop the floor with NK, even if NK sent every man, woman, and child into battle. Even without nukes.

It doesn't matter if NK outnumbers the south 20:1. The two sides were on equal footing 50 years ago, but not anymore. 20:1 means nothing when you rely on Stalin-era equipment vs. a modern army. Massed NK troops would die like stuck squealing pigs, just like Saddams enormous army did in 1991. It's like having a grown man fighting against five year olds. Even a hundred five year olds can't beat him.

I was watching an online video about NK a couple weeks ago. Things are so shitty that their army's main concern is what to do in case of an invasion of SK. Their concern is that morale and discipline will go to shit as soon as their nearly-starving soldiers are suddenly thrust into cities overflowing with food and luxuriant riches.

GunnyL said:

We are currently embroiled in such a conflict...Iraq.

Bullypulpit said:
We are currently embroiled in such a conflict...Iraq.

I have seen no such seizing of oil. Where exactly has that happened? The context must be put in place... Show me evidence of a seizure of oil! Not SuperConspiracy Central either. Give me real evidence of that.

no1tovote4 said:
I have seen no such seizing of oil. Where exactly has that happened? The context must be put in place... Show me evidence of a seizure of oil! Not SuperConspiracy Central either. Give me real evidence of that.

Excellent point!:clap1:

Forum List

Back