Is it a mosque or "cultural center"?

ss-100730-cagle-toons-15.ss_full.jpg

75 years ago, nobody believed that Social security would be anything more than a minor little tax on the very rich to help protect the very poor. 45 years ago, Medicare was only going to cost 1 billion dollars at most. Now these two things have effectively wrecked our government with their unconstitutional scope creep. Why? Radicals pushed it to do more and more things, and get more and more money. They move a little, let you scream, and then wait for you to calm down and then move again. You guys have been doing this for your progressofascist social engineering since FDR.

Now that's a secular version. Look at what's happening in europe where they are rioting in the streets over the government forbidding Burkhas. They are killing people for 'insults to Mohammad'. These are the people pushing for Sharia Law world wide. These are the ones supporting this mosque. There are 100 mosques in NYC, why is this one so important AND to dedicate it on 9/11/11? You area blind fool to not see why.

The mosque is not an instant flip over. It is a single step from a hungry bear across the room. And you and your foolhardy compatriots are playing 'come here, boy' just because it pisses off your political enemies and thinking that because you invited it in, it won't eat you at all, when it really will kill you first as a culture.

So you can laugh and say "oh look at you, you silly reactionary" all you damn well want. You are ignorin what has been happening world wide when radical islamists are given an inch. Ultimately, they take your foot off.

Okay folks, all this noise about a Islamic Cultural Center (which includes a mosque) being "too close" to Ground Zero in New York is just (yet another) political football for the upcoming elections. There's been a functioning mosque in that exact same area for the last 40 years! So Peter King, Newt Gingrich, and all the neocon punditry can go blow smoke up each other's butts...unles they're willing to publically call for the elimination of ALL mosques within a certain radius of Ground Zero or admit they're wrong or just shut the hell up.

The majority of people who support all this hoop-la wouldn't know a muslim if they tripped over one.....it's all misplaced revenge feelings. Understandable, but not rational all logical. And all this stuff about the iman behind this being terrorist linked is interesting, being that the guy was the Bush administration's point man for relations right after 9/11. Gee, I wouldn't hold my breath to see if all involved with that will say they made a mistake.

I said this a few years ago, and I'll say it again...where was all this public angst and call for examinations and shut downs of churches and organizations when Tim McVeigh and company layed waste to 300 people in Oklahoma City? What you did have was a concerted effort to ensure the crime was by individuals that weren't representations of established institutions by the media, politicians and law enforcement. No public complaints about all the large and small christian churches of various denominations throughout New York after it's discovered that the Vatican was in on the aiding and abetting of pedophiles eluding justice. no panic when you had "christians'' involved in murder of doctors that performed abortions.

Fair is fair. And believe you me, our intelligence agencies will have eyes on this....as has been the policy since 9/11.

Come on, America...get your act together.

Last edited:
Frazz...if a mosque shouldn't be built two blocks away from ground zero do you also think Muslims shouldn't be within two blocks of ground zero? :eusa_eh:

Don't be ridiculous. PEOPLE are not a building Ravi. Did I suggest that non-Jews have no business visiting Auschwitz? No, but I absolutely agree that the Carmelite nuns should not have built a convent there and applaud them for showing sensitivity towards those who objected to its construction there and I applaud them for doing the right thing and building it somewhere else instead. If this imam changes his mind and decides to build elsewhere given the strong feelings of those who object, I would applaud him for that too. But unlike the nuns, he has been broadcasting loud and clear a totally different message toward those who have said a mosque at this site would be a never ending source of pain and keep their wounds open and raw. These are people who also have a 1st Amendment right too -of free speech and they are insisting that their feelings be taken into account here and have stated their objections to the construction of a mosque at this particular site alone. Not the construction of a mosque anywhere, but just here. AS IS THEIR RIGHT TOO. They have the right to object as often and as loudly as they want -and intend to do so. And I applaud THEM for it. I would NEVER insist it is the victim who bears the burden of showing "sensitivity" towards those who want to build what the world's Muslims would absolutely view as a tribute to the mass murderers of 9/11.

I am not kidding about tradition in Islam of building a mosque whenever possible at sites of important events, conquests and victories believed to have furthered the interests of Islam occurred. Just because other religions do not have that tradition doesn't mean I have to pretend Islam doesn't either -when it absolutely does. Nearly every one of their most well known mosques are at such sites. This IS the reason this imam is demanding to build here knowing full well the pain it will cause. He doesn't care about their pain, he cares about the real statement a mosque at this site would mean to Muslims around the world. Can we move past those who object to its construction and agree we can all understand why they would object -and move on to asking why, in the face of these painful objections, this imam INSISTS on going forward with it at that very location instead of just a few blocks away?

And let's not forget something else here -the ONLY house of worship that was destroyed on 9/11 was a Greek Orthodox Church. It was destroyed when the South Tower collapsed on it. The Port Authority has laid down so much red tape that they have essentially denied it the right to rebuild. anywhere in the area. WTF is going on here? No mosque was destroyed on 9/11 but this imam was given swift permission to build what the world's Muslims would definitely consider a tribute to the mass murderers. He got permission in a matter of MONTHS. But the only house of worship that was actually destroyed that day can't get permission to rebuild at all even 9 years later? You sure don't hear that imam insisting IT should be rebuilt -and you never will.

And I want to vomit after hearing Pelosi just today. She wants a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION -not into exactly WHO is funding the building of this mosque which is STILL a huge secret that is being hidden from the public. But into who is funding the opposition to its construction. Oh yeah, as if it requires funding to oppose the construction and without that everyone would actually applaud the construction of a mosque at Ground Zero, right? OMG this woman has a major screw loose if she thinks it is impossible for the overwhelming rejection to the proposal of a mosque being built at this site without a massive conspiracy behind it. But it DOES go to show just how much liberals really do believe people are little more than stupid cows who exist to be manipulated by others and so stupid they can't possibly have an opinion of their own. This belief that most people are just stupid cows is at the very heart and founding principle of liberalism -and Nancy never hesitates to reveal her utter contempt for people in general and how deeply she believes this to be true. HELLO NANCY -that "conspiracy" is called the "WILL OF THE PEOPLE" who are getting pretty pissed off about people like YOU ignoring them over and over again and belittling them and trying to marginalize and even punish them any time their opinions differ from YOURS. OMG This woman doesn't occupy space in reality.

Okay folks, all this noise about a Islamic Cultural Center (which includes a mosque) being "too close" to Ground Zero in New York is just (yet another) political football for the upcoming elections. There's been a functioning mosque in that exact same area for the last 40 years! So Peter King, Newt Gingrich, and all the neocon punditry can go blow smoke up each other's butts...unles they're willing to publically call for the elimination of ALL mosques within a certain radius of Ground Zero or admit they're wrong or just shut the hell up.

The majority of people who support all this hoop-la wouldn't know a muslim if they tripped over one.....it's all misplaced revenge feelings. Understandable, but not rational all logical. And all this stuff about the iman behind this being terrorist linked is interesting, being that the guy was the Bush administration's point man for relations right after 9/11. Gee, I wouldn't hold my breath to see if all involved with that will say they made a mistake.

I said this a few years ago, and I'll say it again...where was all this public angst and call for examinations and shut downs of churches and organizations when Tim McVeigh and company layed waste to 300 people in Oklahoma City? What you did have was a concerted effort to ensure the crime was by individuals that weren't representations of established institutions by the media, politicians and law enforcement. No public complaints about all the large and small christian churches of various denominations throughout New York after it's discovered that the Vatican was in on the aiding and abetting of pedophiles eluding justice. no panic when you had "christians'' involved in murder of doctors that performed abortions.

Fair is fair. And believe you me, our intelligence agencies will have eyes on this....as has been the policy since 9/11.

There's been a functioning mosque in that exact same area for the last 40 years!

Then there's no need for another one that is run by radical islamists.

So Peter King, Newt Gingrich, and all the neocon punditry can go blow smoke up each other's butts...unles they're willing to publically call for the elimination of ALL mosques within a certain radius of Ground Zero or admit they're wrong or just shut the hell up

:rolleyes: froth much? Next time say it don't spray it.

The majority of people who support all this hoop-la wouldn't know a muslim if they tripped over one.....it's all misplaced revenge feelings.

wellllll lookie here. Projecting like crazy.

I said this a few years ago, and I'll say it again...where was all this public angst and call for examinations and shut downs of churches and organizations when Tim McVeigh and company layed waste to 300 people in Oklahoma City?

You want to try and compare an individual bomber to a culture of suicide bombers in radical islamist groups? You're fucking insane.

Fair is fair.

And your loony comparison is nothing of the sort.

Get your shit together first.

Forum List

Back