Is it a crime?

A state of hostilities existed between the US -- coalition if you want to call it that -- tempered only by a cease-fire.

It was hostilities sanctioned by the UN, which made it acceptable. The US, on its own, is not allowed to invade Iraq because Iraq invaded Kuwait. The UNSC decides that, not the US.

The UN Resolution clearly states the use of force as an option for noncompliance. The US also included language in the ceasefire agreement that it reserved the right to act on its own.

I don't see in the text where the US "reserved the right to act on its own". Where is that?

Clearly, the US had more than enough legal authority to resume hostilities considering the number of times Saddam violated the terms of the ceasefire agreement.

12 years later? Nothing clear about that at all.

A state of hostilities existed between the US -- coalition if you want to call it that -- tempered only by a cease-fire. The UN Resolution clearly states the use of force as an option for noncompliance. The US also included language in the ceasefire agreement that it reserved the right to act on its own.

Clearly, the US had more than enough legal authority to resume hostilities considering the number of times Saddam violated the terms of the ceasefire agreement.

I agree with in regard to Congress declaring war. They should have. Instead the gutless wonders handed off their responsibility to Bush, an irresponsible act. The Republican majority Congress's continual lack of any spine whatsover would be a primary reason conservatives/Republicans left their tails hanging in the wind in the 2006 mid-term elections.

Obama had guts. He had a spine.
He was against authorizing from the start.
He was against the war.

Obama had guts. He had a spine.
He was against authorizing from the start.
He was against the war.

At the time, he was comfortably nestled into the Illinois state legislature, where he had absolutely no official say in the matter.

I would love to be able see how he would have voted if he had been in the US Senate at the time.

At the time, he was comfortably nestled into the Illinois state legislature, where he had absolutely no official say in the matter.

I would love to be able see how he would have voted if he had been in the US Senate at the time.

He has already said for the record if he had been given the intel the Senate was given he may have voted for the Invasion.

At the moment, yes. Now, going to respond to that contention, or no?

Not at that moment, I want to make sure your warp and twisted mind can't think of any other articles he has violated? So that I can address each lie that your propagating.

He has already said for the record if he had been given the intel the Senate was given he may have voted for the Invasion.

Actually while in the US Senate his first vote on the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, he voted no for timetables for withdrawal.

Forum List

Back