CDZ Is Islam now more dangerous than most narcotics?

faithfreedom

Rookie
Jul 2, 2017
Religions are like narcotics. Some are dangerous and some are relatively save. They also have one very similar effects. They both alter or change how people think.

Not all of narcotics are equally dangerous. Most are pretty harmless. The same way, not all religions are dangerous, especially now. Christianity used to be the most brutal religions in the whole world with torture chamber and stuff. And Islam? It used to be the most moderate religion when it started.

Then things changed.

Yes, many people would say about how a pedophile prophet commit mass murders against those he wage war with. Here's the thing. In ancient time, that's what every body did. You think the Roman didn't do mass murder? You think the Persian wouldn't?

When the Rome win war they didn't just mass murder the population. They crucified the whole population. Compared to the standard in ancient time, islam was moderate.

And what about being a pedophile? In ancient time, typical marriage age was 12. Mary mother of Jesus is probably 12 when she give birth to Jesus. If you don't marry quickly and breed quickly you'll go extinct.

Things changed. We got nukes to remind us that war will be extremely costly. We got facebook. We got free communication. We sort of know that shit that happens to the least fortunate among us could lead to some precedence that happens to us too. So we don't just let people suffer no matter what. This is especially true if the person did nothing wrong like being a civilian in a losing war.

So a standard that used to be moderate and progressive in ancient time is now very extreme nowadays. Most muslims do not demand such standard. However, a few demand to do things the old way, and those few radicals, are very influential.

Most muslims do not choose to kill westerners in terror. Most muslims are moderate. The same way, most christians do not choose to create very corrupt government when they demand government to ban alcohol years ago.

And this is precisely where the problem is. Huge catastrophic things can happen because of seemingly innocent or moderate preferences. And that's what makes religions very dangerous. It suggest something that seem so innocent, so good, so well, but lead to really really dangerous things.

It's like drugs. It makes you think you'll walk on rainbow when it actually makes you plunge to cliffs.

What does Alcohol did? It makes you think differently for a while. That is what most narcotics do. They makes you think differently for a while. And guess what? That is what religions do too. They make you think differently.

Alcohol, coffee, narcotics, and religions all have something in common. They make you think differently. When you think differently you may act differently and that may help or hurt you and other people around you.

The question is, which one is more dangerous?

I once went to place as a tourist in Bali. The religion of people in the area is Hindu. However, the muslims exert some control of those. The hindu balineese do not mind with white girls walking naked on the beach. They are forced to prohibit it after pressure from their muslim overlords in Jakarta.

I saw a big sign. It says that there are 3 main enemies of society.

The 3 enemies of society are drugs, gambling, and prostitution.

I jokingly said, they didn't mention religion? He he he he.... Bali was bombed by islamic terrorists. Why didn't they mention religion?

I went home from Bali to my home country.

Then I heard something unbelievable. My bro told me. Remember the place we ate? If we were there 2 days late, we would have been death. Bali was bombed again by islamic terrorists.

Who bombed Bali again?

The gamblers? Someone on drugs? Some prostitutes? I would say all those people have more reason to express their grievance violently. Governments prohibit their activities. Government let people alter their mind with religions but not with drugs.

Price of land in Bali dropped. So many people lost money. All because some people, under influence of LSD? Mushroom? Xtc? or what did that? The people that did that is under influence of Islam.

Surely religions cause far more damage than all those drugs combined.

Wanna see another effect of narcotics?

Look at corruption perception index of muslim countries.
Index: 8 Muslim-Majority Nations Among 10 Most Corrupt
Why are Muslim majority countries more corrupt?

It's high. Islam does cause more corruption. Other corrupt countries are also corrupt because they have similarity with the muslims.

And what are the reason?

Simple. Lack of respect of freedom of speech.

In Indonesia, there was a big corruption case. There are 20 members in the legislative branch that decides whether they will do some project. Out of those 20 members, 1 vehemently reject the idea and do not get any bribes. That's because their peers fear that that one guy will report if he is offered money.

Out of 20 members in Indonesian legislative branch, there is 1 guy that is NOT corrupt. Guess which one guy went to jail?

That one guy.

Why?

That one guy, Ahok becomes governor of Indonesian capital. Jakarta. People are happy with his work. He doesn't compromise his principles even when threatened with budget cuts. So with less budget to work with, he achieved far more for the city. Small number of Indonesians want him to be president. There is no doubt that he is a very popular presidential candidate.

Then what?

Then, muslim ulama said that people have to pick muslim leaders or allies. Of course, many muslims, do not mind working for or with non muslim ally. One islamic king, Salman, invest heavily in China, not worrying that those in leadership position may most likely be non muslims. Islam political parties do not have problem advocating non muslim leaders in other indonesian provinces.

Most reasonable people would of course think that this is just a lie. Ahok free Jakarta from corruption. Those corrupt officials will say anything to get him down. What? You think politicians are honest with their motives? Many muslims still pick Ahok anyway as governor.

Ahok jokingly mentioned that it's the people's right not to pick him for any reason. They may be lied to by using religions. Of course.

A muslim judge rules that Ahok has blasphemed against Islam by accusing every ulama that says that people have to vote for muslim governor is lying. It's a big case.

The best governor in Indonesia is now in jail because of rubber laws that can be applied to any speech.

Do most muslims want more corruption and messed up leaders? Of course not. Does people that use LSD wants to jump off cliffs? Of course not.

But when under mind altering stuffs, people do things that may seem okay, and lead to really problematic issues.

There are enough muslims that think freedom of speech, especially political speech, satire, criticism is not useful enough to defend. They prefer respect of religion over freedom of speech. Looks innocent enough.

And the result is they have more corruption. They themselves suffer, and they bring people around them to suffer with them.

Back to topic.

Which one is more dangerous? religions or narcotics? Islam or heroin?

It looks like islam is like the heroin among narcotics. Very few people die do to most drugs. There are far more people that die because of islam now than those that die due to narcotics.

People that use LSD sometimes won nobel price. DNA double helix structure is invented by some guy that uses LSD. Many people in Silicon valley are using LSD to improve their programming. I have never heard people blowing stuff up because they use XTC. Number of people that die due to XTC is less than 1 in a million of user.

Islam? We have many birth defects that happen because women fast during pregnancy. We have millions of female genital mutilations. Terrorism. And tons of refugees. That isn't caused by drugs. That is caused by religion, namely Islam.

I think we should just all mind altering stuffs consistently. We should judge drugs and religion by the same standard. Do people die because of it? Are we more corrupt because of it? We should legalize all or prohibit all consistently based on actual harm done by such things supported by statistics and stuffs.

Last edited:
Religiois nut job countries are dangerous. You are right.

I have some perspective and reason for long term hope.

Islam is 600 years younger than Christianity. 600 years ago, heck, 300, 400 years ago christians were having to cross oceans to flee the persecution of other christians. Maybe the accelleration of advancements will shorten the Islamic dark ages?

Also, be nicer to the Romans. They were brutal by modern standards but to exagerate their actions makes your neighboring statements seem like they may be exagerated. Use Mary and Jesus existing under Roman rule as proof the Romans did not crucify the entire population.

Forum List

Back