Is in vitro fertilization murder?

CDC is just us. There's other groups gathering data. I don't take info just from our government groups. Heck our government still says that marijuana is the worst drug out there.

So this time I'll do it one at a time, and I won't time out. Stand by.

Here's the "Handbook on the Reporting of Induced Termination of Pregnancy". This is a link provided by the CDC to explain how stats are gathered.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_itop.pdf
State reporting requirements:
"In a few states" gestational age is included. Some states provide comprehensive information. Most just report numbers.

I'm not a fan of the CDC either, and in fact, they are pro abortion in a big way. However, I'm looking for non-religious sources which will support my claim that there aren't any stats. There aren't. The CDC works hand in hand with the government to keep track of mortality rates and all sorts of other health information.

And the fact is, if the CDC doesn't have the information, nobody does.

http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/Data_Stats/Abortion.htm
From the CDC:
"Are states required to report their abortion statistics to CDC?
No, states and localities voluntarily report data to CDC for report preparation. CDC's Division of Reproductive Health prepares surveillance reports as data becomes available. There is no national requirement for data submission or reporting. For more detailed information, we recommend you review the CDC/NCHS document, Handbook on the Reporting of Induced Termination of Pregnancy. (PDF–2.5MB) Source: NCHS."

So this time I'll do it one at a time, and I won't time out. Stand by.

Here's the "Handbook on the Reporting of Induced Termination of Pregnancy". This is a link provided by the CDC to explain how stats are gathered.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_itop.pdf
State reporting requirements:
"In a few states" gestational age is included. Some states provide comprehensive information. Most just report numbers.

:rofl: From 1997 and is a reprint of something from 1988... Got anything newer? That will say the data isn't out there. The data for the last TEN years is out there.

I'm not a fan of the CDC either, and in fact, they are pro abortion in a big way. However, I'm looking for non-religious sources which will support my claim that there aren't any stats. There aren't. The CDC works hand in hand with the government to keep track of mortality rates and all sorts of other health information.

They are not for or against. They are based on science and gathering of data. They are more of a neutral than all the rest you have put up.

Essentially there are two organizations which attempt to gather statistics on abortion. The CDC (which is a federal organization) and the Alan Guttmacher Institute (AGI). Both admit they do not have good stats on gestational age.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/ib14.html
Extrapolating from unpublished data for 14 states compiled by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), it is possible to estimate that two-thirds of these abortions were performed at 21-22 weeks. After 26 weeks, the number of abortion s nationwide is estimated at 320; given the uncertainty of the data, however, the number could be as high as 600.

Either way, these estimates must be viewed as tentative. One uncertainty stems from the limited number of states on which the estimates are based, since these states may not be representative of the nation as a whole and their reported data may be incompl ete. In addition, because the number of providers who perform late abortions is very small, they may have relatively large caseloads; this factor may bias the reporting, depending on whether states in which these providers are located are part of the NCHS sample. There may be errors by clinicians in their evaluation or recording of the gestational age.

:rofl: From 1997 and is a reprint of something from 1988... Got anything newer? That will say the data isn't out there. The data for the last TEN years is out there.

There's a delay. If you read the material, you will see they state that. There's always a delay when it comes to processing statistics of this scope. And the handbook is the handbook that the CDC provides. If it's out of date, then anyone who wants to claim they know how many late-term abortions there are has a problem, because this is what there is.

If you want to sneer, claim first that they're no good and then that they are the best there is, go ahead. The fact is, the stats aren't out there, and the two organizations that provide the stats to the public and the government admit they don't have them, because there are no laws requiring abortionists to provide specific data to them for compilation. Lawmakers realized this when we were fighting over partial-birth abortions, and that's why there's a huge push to pass legislation to require abortionists to provide data to the government. Because it isn't there now.

Forum List

Back