Is Herman Cain really running for president or just trying to sell his books?

ANOTHER worthless thread brought to us by THINKPROGRESS.

how the hell did we ever get so lucky?

hermancainbook.jpg

By Lee Fang and Scott Keyes

According to reports published this week, Herman Cain’s presidential campaign funneled over $100,000 to a company owned by Cain called T.H.E. New Voice. Cain told Bloomberg News that his campaign is simply buying the candidate’s books, despite earlier Federal Election Commission (FEC) reports that claimed the money was for “lodging” (an amended report changed the payments to “books.”)

Cain has faced critics who have claimed that he is not running a serious campaign. Rather, he has spent much of his time simply promoting his book.

More: Asked About Herman Cain Profiting From His Presidential Campaign, Spokesman Calls The Arrangement 'Synergy' | ThinkProgress

I heard him on the radio a few weeks back selling pizza.

ANOTHER worthless thread brought to us by THINKPROGRESS.

how the hell did we ever get so lucky?

Their use of the word 'think' is about as relevant as the 'truth' part of 'truthmatters'. Bullshit is bullshit no matter how you wrap it up.

In my opinion, There should be a limit placed on how many worthless threads can be posted a day from that ignorant site.

I mean we get threads like, Herman Cain wants people to buy USED FOOD for crying out loud, and than the RAGE beings. Damn stupid.

Last edited:
What do you think it says about:

*How Republicans think of their field of candidates....

*More importantly, the chances that there will be a 3rd party challenge from one of the GOP candidates currently running?

Anyway....Its interesting that Cain is assuming the same trajectory that Trump did, that Bachman did, that Perry did. Its almost like "Who's next?"

I do think this is the overall problem. The GOP Beltway Establishment has its heart set on Mitt Romney. That's their guy, that's the one they want.

The rank and file of the GOP, about 75% of them, didn't want this guy 4 years ago and don't want him now. Too liberal, too slick, too Mormon, two-faced, whatever. But the establishment seems ready to sandbag anyone who challenges him, and we are now seeing the creative destruction of Cain.

Personally, I don't think Cain is presidential. I would vote for him over Romney and I would vote for him over Obama.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I remember in 1984, when this little upstart named Gary Hart was a serious challenge to the annointed one, Walter Mondale. And the Democratic Establishment did everything they could to crush him. Maybe they knew about the fidelity problems that did bring Hart down four years later. So the Democratic Establishment and the Unions SHOVED Mondale down people's throats. And he went on to lose 49 states.

I will agree there is a sucker born every minute..

Obama being President is all the proof you need.

Sounds like Cain may be doing a little Palin-style flock-fleecing.

0617-obama-audacity-of-hope_full_300.jpg

say what?

:lol:

If you do some research, I believe that you will find that Obama actually did run for President.
So, Obama was a presidential candidate and promoted his book while being one. Cain is a presidential candidate and is promoting his book while being one.

But, the two situations are completely different!

That makes sense, to some.

Of the Republican candidates, only one or two of them are actually running for President. The rest of the clown car are mostly running for higher speaking fees.

Who determines what is serious. Was Obama "serious" in 2007?

I think the ironic thing was that Barack Obama was never expecting to get as far as he did. I think he was running to increase his profile, and was probably horrified when Edwards imploded and Hillary didn't have a game plan after Super Tuesday. It's clear he was never mentally prepared for the job and wasn't ready for it.

He's the biggest clown in the circus, but in his case, the big top is burning down and the animals are trampling the audience...

For sure MR. SHERMAN is one of those in that 40% APPROVAL rating of the Dear leader.

good grief:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back