Is Herman Cain really running for president or just trying to sell his books?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
hermancainbook.jpg

By Lee Fang and Scott Keyes

According to reports published this week, Herman Cain’s presidential campaign funneled over $100,000 to a company owned by Cain called T.H.E. New Voice. Cain told Bloomberg News that his campaign is simply buying the candidate’s books, despite earlier Federal Election Commission (FEC) reports that claimed the money was for “lodging” (an amended report changed the payments to “books.”)

Cain has faced critics who have claimed that he is not running a serious campaign. Rather, he has spent much of his time simply promoting his book.

More: Asked About Herman Cain Profiting From His Presidential Campaign, Spokesman Calls The Arrangement 'Synergy' | ThinkProgress

Herman Cain's campaign was never meant to be anything other than a publicity stunt, with maybe a bit of self-indulgent rich-guy-playing-fantasy-candidate thrown in,

but Cain seriously under-estimated the wackiness of the GOP base and its apparent ability to launch any loon to momentary stardom.

I honestly think Cain might be trying to destory himself just enough to drop out due to not enough support. How can someone have so little in the way of policy or even ideas on policy and honestly be taking this run for President seriously. I have more stable positions on the issues than Cain.

I honestly think Cain might be trying to destory himself just enough to drop out due to not enough support. How can someone have so little in the way of policy or even ideas on policy and honestly be taking this run for President seriously. I have more stable positions on the issues than Cain.

me to..It really is amazing to witness.

me to..It really is amazing to witness.

What do you think it says about:

*How Republicans think of their field of candidates....

*More importantly, the chances that there will be a 3rd party challenge from one of the GOP candidates currently running?

The thing about Cain, I saw this tonight, a prominent Southern Democrat from Alabama endorsed him:

Dale Peterson Endorses Herman Cain, May run for office again - YouTube

Apparently this Peterson dude is a tough-talking Republican...he ran for Ag Commish:

Dale Peterson for Ag Commish: Quite possibly the best political ad ever. - YouTube

Not that it has anything to do with anything but some body did a hell of a job with editing:

[YTP] Dale Peterson Hates You - YouTube

Anyway....Its interesting that Cain is assuming the same trajectory that Trump did, that Bachman did, that Perry did. Its almost like "Who's next?"

I posted yesterday that Cain is selling books.
His campaign is using American's donations to buy his books at full list price, which is not the norm. He gets his full cut from each book bought.

His campaign is a sham, to increase his speaking fees (that's what he has been doing since leaving Godfather's Pizza - he's been a motivational speaker).

So he will come out of this a winner, no matter what. Like Palin, he has no interest in public service, just private enrichment, playing Rightwingers for suckers.

His campaign is using American's donations to buy his books at full list price, which is not the norm. He gets his full cut from each book bought.

His campaign is a sham, to increase his speaking fees (that's what he has been doing since leaving Godfather's Pizza - he's been a motivational speaker).

So he will come out of this a winner, no matter what. Like Palin, he has no interest in public service, just private enrichment, playing Rightwingers for suckers.

Every Presidential hopeful has a book. It is a part of the approval process. So now Mr. Cain is any different? I remember when Mr. Obama's book had something about his past drug use. It was never brought up in the media as an issue. I do not see that kind of writting from Mr. cain.

Every Presidential hopeful has a book. It is a part of the approval process. So now Mr. Cain is any different? I remember when Mr. Obama's book had something about his past drug use. It was never brought up in the media as an issue. I do not see that kind of writting from Mr. cain.

Every "media" source reported that. Repeatedly.

Here's a google news search from 2008: obama marijuana - Google Search

Well, one author is President, the other a wanna-be. Pretty much how things are going to stay.

Do you have a date for that pic of Obama touting his book?

I'm curious because it was published in 2006. Normally, people tout when it's launched, not when they're being paid by the country to Govern it. I'm also curious because, if he was President when touting his book.... that's using my money for his business.

I need to know if I should be outraged.

Well, one author is President, the other a wanna-be. Pretty much how things are going to stay.

I'm curious because it was published in 2006. Normally, people tout when it's launched, not when they're being paid by the country to Govern it. I'm also curious because, if he was President when touting his book.... that's using my money for his business.

It seems that it was from 2006.
10/18/2006 Barnes & Noble
55 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077
11:30 am

10/19/2006 Barnes & Noble
33 East 17th Street
New York, NY 10003
Noon

Obama: Hitting the road for book tour, politics. SUNDAY OBAMA HYPE UPDATE - Lynn Sweet

No outrage necessary.

Last edited:

55 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077

33 East 17th Street
New York, NY 10003
Noon

Obama: Hitting the road for book tour, politics. SUNDAY OBAMA HYPE UPDATE - Lynn Sweet

No outrage necessary.

So, this wasn't a pic of the President touting his book. Well, I am shocked to discover that. Not. It was, in fact, someone planning to run for President touting his book. OMG, just like Cain!

What I find funny.... during Obama's campaign.... yep, copies of his book were for sale at every event. Was no big deal then. Apparently it is an outrage now though. Double standards again.

Last edited:

55 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077

33 East 17th Street
New York, NY 10003
Noon

No outrage necessary.

So, this wasn't a pic of the President touting his book. Well, I am shocked to discover that. Not. It was, in fact, someone planning to run for President touting his book. OMG, just like Cain!

What I find funny.... during Obama's campaign.... yep, copies of his book were for sale at every event. Was no big deal then. Apparently it is an outrage now though. Double standards again.

Yep, it was just the junior senator from Illinois touting his book. He didn't announce his candidacy until February 10, 2007.

Yep, it was just the junior senator from Illinois touting his book. He didn't announce his candidacy until February 10, 2007.

How convenient!

And suckers fall for this shit. I find that shocking. Such a lack of logic! :lol:

Forum List

Back