Is He Smarter than Us?

hmmmmm.... funny, most people acknowledge that he speaks well...

except for the most partisany partisans...

same as i couldn't stand ronald reagan, but I know he knew how to play the public....

same as i couldn't stand ronald reagan, but I know he knew how to play the public....
He does speak well.

What he writes then speaks seems pretty crappy.

He does speak well.

Nobody is saying that he doesn't speak well, when he's gawking at the prompter or working off of prepared remarks....He has those nailed.

What he can't do talk his way out of a paper sack extemporaneously or effectively write his own material.

He does speak well.

Not really... I have no problem with what he says, though I disagree with some and agree with other things to a greater or lesser degree. At least now I can stand listening again.

I couldn't listen to a presidential speech for 8 years because i couldn't stand either the content or delivery... except for bush's speech at the cathedral after 9/11... that was a good one

At some point, though, a segment of the population is going to have to acknowledge that there's nothing he could say that they'd support... also fine. like i said, been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I never said you did. However, you did say he "wrote his most important speeches personally". Now, that's not very specific and gives you some (intentional?) weasel room. But, the point of my post was for you to actually read the link and see that Favreau wrote almost all of Obama's speeches during most of his campaign and now heads up that department in the West Wing writing speeches for the President. Go ahead, click on the link and read. Don't fear information.

Of course his speechwriters handle the day-to-day stuff. I never suggested otherwise.

I never said he doesn't have a speechwriter.

I never said you did. However, you did say he "wrote his most important speeches personally". Now, that's not very specific and gives you some (intentional?) weasel room. But, the point of my post was for you to actually read the link and see that Favreau wrote almost all of Obama's speeches during most of his campaign and now heads up that department in the West Wing writing speeches for the President. Go ahead, click on the link and read. Don't fear information.

Of course his speechwriters handle the day-to-day stuff. I never suggested otherwise.
"Day-to-day" "important speeches" - just weasel words, nothing else.

Neither of those are weasel words. There is a clear difference between routine comments (campaign rallies, brief remarks on a topic) and ones of greater importance (accepting the nomination, inaugural address).

Neither of those are weasel words. There is a clear difference between routine comments (campaign rallies, brief remarks on a topic) and ones of greater importance (accepting the nomination, inaugural address).
Yes, they are weasel words - they are nonspecific.

And your source backing up your claim that the "important" speeches he writes?

Anything to back that up? Anything at all?

See, that's one of those things at which you seem to emotionally recoil - burden of proof.

Otherwise, all you post without support is logically bullshit until you do support it.

Now stay in character and get angry.

Last edited:
Your typical game. First, bitch and claim things are vague (even though they aren't). Then when it gets to the point that argument isn't even remotely credible anymore, start demanding evidence. Then when the evidence is provided, you're going to pretend like the evidence was never presented.

And yes, Virginia, Obama does write the big speeches himself...

How Obama Writes His Speeches - TIME

Last edited:
Sorry...My bad.

Your typical game. First, bitch and claim things are vague (even though they aren't). Then when it gets to the point that argument isn't even remotely credible anymore, start demanding evidence. Then when the evidence is provided, you're going to pretend like the evidence was never presented.

Total puff piece.

If little Barry were half as adept at the NLP process language that he uses in his speeches written for him, he could both make up his own stuff on the fly and write speeches.

But he isn't and he can't.

Well, whatever. The Obama recession is now sporting 10.2% unemployment. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

LMAO! "Big speeches"

More weasel words. Obviously you have little concern for your credibility - you have a lack of logic, and even get angry at that being pointed out to you, and now the weasel words. Too rich.

And now Si's back to that cute little game where he jumps up and down shouting "logical fallacy" because he can't deal with the fact that he was proven wrong yet again.

Right...And that one was quite the stumblin'-bumblin' piece of work, too....Nothing at all like his teleprompter jobs.

You asked for evidence that he didn't write his "autobiographies"?...There it is.

So you don't have any evidence to support that claim. Not a shock.

Forum List

Back