Is He Smarter than Us?

What the hell do you know about thinking? Not like you've ever done it.
It's sad and amazing that you can write this in all seriousness after you respond with anger to my pointing out your fallacies in logic.

iseedumbpeople.jpg

There is nothing left to say at this point, really.

Yes, anyone who points out you're a moron is "angry". Get over yourself.

I have to conclude that too many fear logic, thus the only thing they have left is anger. Of course, too many allow their emotions to rule their thoughts as well.

Admit it Ms. Mondo, like Spok you are half Vulcan.

Still, I would mind meld with you anytime.

I'm a moron because I challenge the lack of logic in your posts? Wow.

Good luck with that in the real world, kid.

You consider anything that contradicts your childish worldview to be "lack of logic".
Newsflash: logic isn't a synonym for "things Si likes".

I'm a moron because I challenge the lack of logic in your posts? Wow.

Good luck with that in the real world, kid.

You consider anything that contradicts your childish worldview to be "lack of logic". ....
Rather anything that is illogical I don't buy. There are few things that are childish about logic. And, you would be hard-pressed to deduce my 'worldview' on the topic at hand based on any facts - such as what I've posted in this thread alone - that is. You recoil when challenged on that front. Set aside your emotions and present logical points. You'll find your frustration with me is mitigated.
.... Newsflash: logic isn't a synonym for "things Si likes".
As I never said nor implied that, that would make this statement from you a strawman - another logical fallacy. Or, it could also have a touch of non sequitur tossed in.

And, the bigger picture on the logical front are your ad hominems and off-topic commentary as they are also logical fallacies, albeit overlapping somewhat as now you are focused on me as the topic.

Cue the anger....

Last edited:
Personally I think Obama is intelligent.

But that is a different concept to wise or wisdom.

The former is a biological benifit that can lead anywhere, especially to Hamlet's disease, the paralysis of analyses.

Wisdom comes from applying what intelligence one has to what they have experienced, and yes, often dismissing what you previously thought was intelligent because experience does not back it up.

Intelligence is the canvass of living, wisdom is the art.

Last edited:
Now, to further demonstrate Polk's lack of logic just in this thread, I do not in the least think BHO thinks he is smarter than us nor do I consider him an elitist on that front.

Oops, some baseless assumptions might just be dashed.

Personally I think Obama is intelligent.

But that is a different concept to wise or wisdom.

The former is a biological instinct that can lead anywhere, especially to Hamlet's disease, the paralysis of analyses.

Wisdom comes from applying what intelligence one has to what they have experienced, and yes, often dismissing what you previously thought was intelligent because experience does not back it up.

Intelligence is the canvass of living, wisdom is the art.
[Emphasis added] I like that. Is that a Frogen original?

And, I agree with all of the rest of your post.

During the campaign, Obama wrote his most important speeches personally. Furthermore, he did write two books, so go take a look at those.
Oops. Jonathan Favreau is President Barack Obama's Director of Speechwriting.

I never said he doesn't have a speechwriter.
I never said you did. However, you did say he "wrote his most important speeches personally". Now, that's not very specific and gives you some (intentional?) weasel room. But, the point of my post was for you to actually read the link and see that Favreau wrote almost all of Obama's speeches during most of his campaign and now heads up that department in the West Wing writing speeches for the President. Go ahead, click on the link and read. Don't fear information.

Last edited:
Bush himself proved his lack of intellect. Thus far, President Obama's speechs have shown a strong intellect. Whether that intellect is capable of navigating the political currents of today is quite another matter.

speeches are written by other people.....its how they come off when they are not giving speeches....

During the campaign, Obama wrote his most important speeches personally. Furthermore, he did write two books, so go take a look at those.
You mean he wrote twice as many books as Dubya ever read ?:confused::tongue:

I never said you did. However, you did say he "wrote his most important speeches personally". Now, that's not very specific and gives you some (intentional?) weasel room. But, the point of my post was for you to actually read the link and see that Favreau wrote almost all of Obama's speeches during most of his campaign and now heads up that department in the West Wing writing speeches for the President. Go ahead, click on the link and read. Don't fear information.
He did write some of them personally. You can tell because they're totally rambling abortions, like that joke of an inauguration address.

He did write some of them personally. You can tell because they're totally rambling abortions, like that joke of an inauguration address.
That was bad. If I hadn't been freezing my ass (and feet) off in the cold there, I would have taken the opportunity to snooze during it.

Forum List

Back