CDZ Is Guilt the new "White Man's Burden?"

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Kipling's poem justifying 19th Century colonialization has long been derided for its ethnocentric, if not racist, ideology of Western superiority. However, is it not still alive and well under the guise of Western (particularly American) guilt for the unequal distribution of wealth throughout the world?

It seems to me that the perception of undeserved wealth is almost a certain recipe for guilt and its attendant reactions. That can explain why many people who have had disproportionate wealth conferred upon them, through inheritance or economic happenstance (e.g., "celebrities"), have adopted an ideology of wealth redistribution to atone for it. On the other hand, those whose wealth has mostly been attained by their own personal efforts tend not to feel guilt for their success and do not share this ideology.

I suppose this dichotomy might be explained as Guilt vs. Greed. On which side do you fall?

I've never had any "guilt" and I never will.

Life is what you make of it, not everyone is born on the same level playing field but everyone has the chances to make their way.

I don't owe anyone a damn thing

Life is what you make of it, not everyone is born on the same level playing field but everyone has the chances to make their way.

I have done things that I should not have done. Thus, there are times I've felt guilty because of those sins. However, I do not consider being white a sin or having relationships with people that can help me a sin. I am white but feel no remorse for my skin color.

I have done things that I should not have done. Thus, there are times I've felt guilty because of those sins. However, I do not consider being white a sin or having relationships with people that can help me a sin. I am white but feel no remorse for my skin color.

I tell our children they are going to make mistakes and make poor decisions, it's inevitable, but the key is to learn from those mistakes and never ever try to put the blame for their situation on someone else

In our home you will hear the term "life lessons" frequently, they are constantly learning life lessons

What our authoritarian power structure demands is that we never question the system itself. In the american perceptual reality, might makes right, blame those who question power. Worship the elites without question, swallow-n-follow.

Kipling's poem justifying 19th Century colonialization has long been derided for its ethnocentric, if not racist, ideology of Western superiority. However, is it not still alive and well under the guise of Western (particularly American) guilt for the unequal distribution of wealth throughout the world?

It seems to me that the perception of undeserved wealth is almost a certain recipe for guilt and its attendant reactions. That can explain why many people who have had disproportionate wealth conferred upon them, through inheritance or economic happenstance (e.g., "celebrities"), have adopted an ideology of wealth redistribution to atone for it. On the other hand, those whose wealth has mostly been attained by their own personal efforts tend not to feel guilt for their success and do not share this ideology.

I suppose this dichotomy might be explained as Guilt vs. Greed. On which side do you fall?

Who the hell ever said wealth should be "distributed" around the world? Much less equally?

No, we are not responsible for lazy people all around the globe.

Who the hell ever said wealth should be "distributed" around the world? Much less equally?

Our military global hegenomy and various endless wars rests upon the notion that we are.

Kipling's poem justifying 19th Century colonization has long been derided for its ethnocentric, if not racist, ideology of Western superiority. However, is it not still alive and well under the guise of Western (particularly American) guilt for the unequal distribution of wealth throughout the world?

They Have No Guilt; Daddy Bought Them Everything But a Conscience

High and mighty Preppy Progressives hate the middle and want to redistribute wealth to lowlife parasites, even to Third World useless savages. The HeirHeads themselves are moochers off Daddy's Money; without that, they'd be nobodies. If we want to move forward, we should confiscate unearned wealth and invest it in the most talented from all three classes. And not a dime to unevolved foreigners.

Not a burden.

Responsible citizens who desire to live in a civil society need to stand up if they have been blessed enough to have the ability to do such.

Maybe a good question would be to define it all, "What does it mean to be socially responsible?" If we have some colleges that teach 'how to steal' legally, ceo's, their unethical attorneys and politicians going with that is that socially acceptable? I think not but in fact it has gone on that away for years and very few took a stance against it all.

The extremists that are attempting to redefining the terms of what is and is not acceptable seems to be playing the biggest role in this current 'white' 'brown' or 'black' breakdown civil society guilt game. These are also a big problem. The "war on liberty and freedom of choice'.

The "global village" people would disagree with you. The corrupt and vile 'banking elitist' class would too.

Then again there are bankers that have put up the money (much of that is other peoples money) around the globe to help build and establish poverty stricken countries but that also puts whichever country that accepts their money or assistance under whichever 'codes' that come with those loans or perks. The problems that generally come with that are when or if a corrupt or ignorant leadership is established and the people rebel and wars break out.

global round table - Google Search

It is a misunderstanding to conclude that those critical of wealth distribution universally condemn wealth inequality is inherently evil. What has people disgusted with the pattern today is its extremism. Very few people think everyone must have the same amount of money. However, when children are starving, the spectacle of billionaires with more wealth than they can use or even count is disgusting.

What guilt are we talking about? I feel like I have heard this quite a bit from my white guy friends lately but with no explanation.

There is that kinder, gentler, Christian based stuff I spoke about in the other post which makes us feel somewhat obligated to help the poor, especially the poor who do nothing against us and are trying a bit.

There is the great awakening I suppose of the last 150 years that blacks are not property and should not be forced to the back of the bus. That is common sense, not guilt.

Some Railroad I worked for and other companies (probably like the one I work for now) need nudged to color blind hiring practices by government policies I suppose. Is that the guilt? Or just a payback for the protections and rights Big Government gives the corporation? It can go too far I admit.

Is the guilt this new fascination with what bathroom people use or who can marry who?

Most whities I know are pretty proud of their ancestors fighting for the Union cause a century ago and fighting against the NAZI's a lifetime ago.

What guilt are we talking about? I feel like I have heard this quite a bit from my white guy friends lately but with no explanation.

There is that kinder, gentler, Christian based stuff I spoke about in the other post which makes us feel somewhat obligated to help the poor, especially the poor who do nothing against us and are trying a bit.

There is the great awakening I suppose of the last 150 years that blacks are not property and should not be forced to the back of the bus. That is common sense, not guilt.

Some Railroad I worked for and other companies (probably like the one I work for now) need nudged to color blind hiring practices by government policies I suppose. Is that the guilt? Or just a payback for the protections and rights Big Government gives the corporation? It can go too far I admit.

Is the guilt this new fascination with what bathroom people use or who can marry who?

Most whities I know are pretty proud of their ancestors fighting for the Union cause a century ago and fighting against the NAZI's a lifetime ago.

Ah, the race card once again. Actually, Kipling's poem was about the fate of the Philippines after the Spanish-American War.

Ah, the race card once again. Actually, Kipling's poem was about the fate of the Philippines after the Spanish-American War.

I have mis-understood.

The title of the thread had me thinking what white folks in general could feel guilty for.

Economic colonialism by white people....This is somewhat timely. Are we guilty for letting the mob get too tied up in Cuba and making Communism palatable for a half century?

New Topics

Forum List

Back