Is gravity independent of electromagnetic radiation?

Iridescence

Rookie
Apr 1, 2011
US
http://www.eurojournals.com/ejsr_26_2_04.pdf
Electromagnetic and Gravitational Field
John L. O’Sullivan
Independent Researcher, Connecticut, USA
E-mail: [email protected]

Abstract

This report will show why photons have duality as a wave and as a particle and will show the origin of atoms and cause of gravity and offer a solution in graphic form that otherwise has remained a mystery. The theory is based on scientific deduction and deemed
valid conceptually as outlined in the illustrations giving an understanding of pi and infinite as it relates to mass in the electromagnetic and gravitational field. This report is not for
easy reading unless it is printed out in black and white or color. It is then suggested that the paper be read at least three times over in order to better understand the concepts depicted.

Keywords: Gravity, General Relativity, Photons, Time, Matter.

I don't know... It seems to depend on what previously set laws can be broken/disproven for independence to be proven/established. What does the board think?

This bedrock physics seems too impermanent and changes constantly, thankfully Manmade Global Warming is settled science.

Hey, instead of lab tests and experiments, why don't you physicists just say you have consensus?

John L. O’Sullivan

Abstract

This report will show why photons have duality as a wave and as a particle and will show the origin of atoms and cause of gravity and offer a solution in graphic form that otherwise has remained a mystery. The theory is based on scientific deduction and deemed
valid conceptually as outlined in the illustrations giving an understanding of pi and infinite as it relates to mass in the electromagnetic and gravitational field. This report is not for
easy reading unless it is printed out in black and white or color. It is then suggested that the paper be read at least three times over in order to better understand the concepts depicted.

I don't know... It seems to depend on what previously set laws can be broken/disproven for independence to be proven/established. What does the board think?
You are right on the verge of answering this question.

Reload your bong and the answer will come to you in a cloud of smoke. :cool:

• Banned
This bedrock physics seems too impermanent and changes constantly, thankfully Manmade Global Warming is settled science.

Hey, instead of lab tests and experiments, why don't you physicists just say you have consensus?

I apologize, I am a housewife, not a physicist.... Settled science? I hear snakes hissing at that one, for some reason.

• Banned
John L. O’Sullivan

Abstract

Bong? Does everyone here smoke? Perhaps that is why I am such an odd one. :dunno:

John L. O’Sullivan

Abstract

Bong? Does everyone here smoke? Perhaps that is why I am such an odd one. :dunno:

Not necessarliy, but I wonder about the authors of the paper. Admittedly it's a bit over my head, but check the quote below from the paper. Isn't it the other way around? :confused:

Gravity inward forces from the magnetic half waves are the result of mass given that there can be no mass without gravity

John L. O’Sullivan

Abstract

I'm not even sure what this is. I quickly skimmed through the paper and found two glaring mistakes and didn't even bother to read it. I'm not sure what he is trying to say, but most likely he is wrong about it. I'd have serious doubts that this was written by a physicist, or even an undergrad student. Most likely it was just a layman with a vague understanding of physics.

I apologize, I am a housewife, not a physicist.... Settled science? I hear snakes hissing at that one, for some reason.

Ignore Frank, he doesn't believe in science. He thinks the computer he is typing on is made of magic.
Now frank, why don't you leave your parents basement and go hunt down the witches that made that magic box.

• Banned
John L. O’Sullivan

Abstract

I'm not even sure what this is. I quickly skimmed through the paper and found two glaring mistakes and didn't even bother to read it. I'm not sure what he is trying to say, but most likely he is wrong about it. I'd have serious doubts that this was written by a physicist, or even an undergrad student. Most likely it was just a layman with a vague understanding of physics.

Um, well... I had chosen this link specifically because of the fact that I, too, am an independent study. I also find the paper, though flawed, provoking and interesting. :D

Ignore Frank, he doesn't believe in science. He thinks the computer he is typing on is made of magic.
Now frank, why don't you leave your parents basement and go hunt down the witches that made that magic box.

Witches... who understood physics. ☆kiss☆kiss☆

Lots of problems here. Neutrinos are faster than the speed of light so ∞ can't = light. Also light is a wave, not a particle.

Lots of problems here. Neutrinos are faster than the speed of light so ∞ can't = light. Also light is a wave, not a particle.

I really don't feel like getting into this argument again, but neutrinos are still not faster then the speed of light. Please just take my word on this, no physicist actually believes that they move faster. They just believe that they messed up somewhere in their experiment.
Also light is both a wave and a particle, this was proved long ago. Just google duality of light. It was also the founding of quantum mechanics.
edit: Or to find out how it was proven you can google double slit experiment.

Last edited:

I really don't feel like getting into this argument again, but neutrinos are still not faster then the speed of light. Please just take my word on this, no physicist actually believes that they move faster. They just believe that they messed up somewhere in their experiment.
Also light is both a wave and a particle, this was proved long ago. Just google duality of light. It was also the founding of quantum mechanics.

I saw the double slit experiment a couple of years ago. They were confused as to why the wave collapsed when they observed light traveling through the slit. Then they discovered their observation equipment collapsed the wave.

Also a second test has now confirmed that neutrinos are faster than light.

Last edited:
Perhaps a lot of things are just being assumed when gauging another's results. It seems unwise to debate over differences in perception when not everything had been revealed. :dunno:

I saw the double slit experiment a couple of years ago. They were confused as to why the wave collapsed when they observed light traveling through the slit. Then they discovered their observation equipment collapsed the wave.

First off, wave-particle duality hasn't been in question for over 50 years, so we can pretty much just drop that argument. And second the second test was exactly the same as the first. When you do an experiment wrong, repeating the exact same experiment will only get you the exact same wrong answer. Still almost no physicists believe that neutrinos travel faster then light, the second experiment did little to nothing to change that view. The overwhelming evidence is still that neutrinos travel at the speed of light or slower.

First off, wave-particle duality hasn't been in question for over 50 years, so we can pretty much just drop that argument. And second the second test was exactly the same as the first. When you do an experiment wrong, repeating the exact same experiment will only get you the exact same wrong answer. Still almost no physicists believe that neutrinos travel faster then light, the second experiment did little to nothing to change that view. The overwhelming evidence is still that neutrinos travel at the speed of light or slower.

wikipedia: Double Slit Experiment

According to the relational interpretation of quantum mechanics, first proposed by Carlo Rovelli, observations such as those in the double-slit experiment result specifically from the interaction between the observer (measuring device) and the object being observed (physically interacted with), not any absolute property possessed by the object. In the case of an electron, if it is initially "observed" at a particular slit, then the observer–particle (photon–electron) interaction includes information about the electron's position. This partially constrains the particle's eventual location at the screen. If it is "observed" (measured with a photon) not at a particular slit but rather at the screen, then there is no "which path" information as part of the interaction, so the electron's "observed" position on the screen is determined strictly by its probability function. This makes the resulting pattern on the screen the same as if each individual electron had passed through both slits. It has also been suggested that space and distance themselves are relational, and that an electron can appear to be in "two places at once" – for example, at both slits – because its spatial relations to particular points on the screen remain identical from both slit locations.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdoE1vX7k4&feature=related"]Wave particle duality and the observer[/ame]

Yeah... I can't speak with authority on this topic, but I detect the distinct whiff of crackpot coming off this.

You do realize that this proved your point wrong when you said that light is not a particle, it is a wave. What duality is, is saying that all particles act like waves, and all waves act like particles. I guess really the easiest way for me to show you this would have been to say "google photon"

Photon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Like all elementary particles, photons are currently best explained by quantum mechanics and will exhibit wave–particle duality, exhibiting properties of both waves and particles."

Forum List

Back