Is GOP Finally Going To Screw The Disabled, & The Elderly On Medicare?

Considering the Democratic party has historically been the party of unions and blue collar workers, you'd have to say Democrats are hard working. Or do you say the GOP has been the party of working people and blue collar workers? You do know people in unions are hard working?

stop thinking winning arguments with yourself is comparable to debating others.

Democrats have also traditionally been the party of civil rights, despite the historical fact that they opposed the CRA as part of their party platform. Do you really think they are hard working and blue collar?

When I belonged to the Democratic party, the number of blue collar workers always far outweighed any elites. You need to get out more. The Democrats that opposed the CRA jumped ship into the welcoming arms of the GOP who then went on to institute a Southern strategy based on racism. A Head of the GOP later apologized for this historical fact.

Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

How many of those blue collar workers get elected to Congress?

Considering the Democratic party has historically been the party of unions and blue collar workers, you'd have to say Democrats are hard working. Or do you say the GOP has been the party of working people and blue collar workers? You do know people in unions are hard working?

stop thinking winning arguments with yourself is comparable to debating others.

Democrats have also traditionally been the party of civil rights, despite the historical fact that they opposed the CRA as part of their party platform. Do you really think they are hard working and blue collar?

When I belonged to the Democratic party, the number of blue collar workers always far outweighed any elites. You need to get out more. The Democrats that opposed the CRA jumped ship into the welcoming arms of the GOP who then went on to institute a Southern strategy based on racism. A Head of the GOP later apologized for this historical fact.

Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

What has this to do with anything? NEITHER IS TRUE any Longer...And WHY would ANYONE court anyone of Colour? When WE are all HUMAN with the SAME aspirations?

*Inmaterial*...Passe...and poor reference. The GAME has changed since then.

Pertinent Question...and How many [Besides the SEIU] enforce their belief outside the ballot box?

QW,What I am saying is in a different context. The GOP will try to cut medicare under Obama, after putting off for 8 years under bush, their desire to do so

That formula that is leading to all these problems dates back to the Clinton Administration, and both parties have blindly supported putting off implementing it for over a decade.

That is exactly what I said. The GOP only put it off because of partisan political gains and a sitting GOP President.

We all know the GOP votes en-block while the Democrats split into individual/groups. There is no Democratic ideological talking point like the one Don't Taz Me Bro offered up... LBK and the Dems are bad because they are responsible for Medicare existing in the first place.

The GOp fought Medicare and has always had a philosophical distaste for it, even as their own elderly and disabled benefited.

If it were up to the GOP we'd go back to the days of elderly and disabled people have very little to no access to medical care.

sometimes, the truth sucks.
:cool:
D

Locally? The majority of elected officials come from blue collar stock. Nationally and state wide? If the conservatives would stop making money equal to speech, maybe a few blue collar Americans could compete for votes.

That is exactly what I said. The GOP only put it off because of partisan political gains and a sitting GOP President.

We all know the GOP votes en-block while the Democrats split into individual/groups. There is no Democratic ideological talking point like the one Don't Taz Me Bro offered up... LBK and the Dems are bad because they are responsible for Medicare existing in the first place.

The GOp fought Medicare and has always had a philosophical distaste for it, even as their own elderly and disabled benefited.

If it were up to the GOP we'd go back to the days of elderly and disabled people have very little to no access to medical care.

D

Here is where it sucks for you. Since this entire debate Obamacare began the Republicans have consistently reversed their political position, and challenged the Democrats not to cut Medicare.

In Salvo to Obama, Republicans Offer Health Rights for Seniors - WSJ.com

Locally? The majority of elected officials come from blue collar stock. Nationally and state wide? If the conservatives would stop making money equal to speech, maybe a few blue collar Americans could compete for votes.

The incumbents are the ones who are making money=speech, stop trying to blame one side for what both sides do.

locally? The majority of elected officials come from blue collar stock. Nationally and state wide? If the conservatives would stop making money equal to speech, maybe a few blue collar americans could compete for votes.

the incumbents are the ones who are making money=speech, stop trying to blame one side for what both sides do.
<==truth***

D

Here is where it sucks for you. Since this entire debate Obamacare began the Republicans have consistently reversed their political position, and challenged the Democrats not to cut Medicare.

The Republicans are positioning? Wow! I missed that one.

Republicans and Democrats have feuded over Medicare since its inception in 1965, and it is usually Democrats who adopt the stance of protecting the program against cost-cutters.

Ronald Reagan proposed cutting $1 billion in Medicare spending while president in 1981, when the program cost just $40 billion a year.

The GOP does not say the above was wrong. They are only playing a game for political gain, and that is what the OP stated. Obama is urging Congress to avoid cuts. I said the GOP will go for the cuts.

---
Yes, I think so. "Every year since 2003 ( all Bush/Cheney years, except 2), Congress has deferred" cuts "with backing from Democrats and Republicans" Cuts which were supposed to happen "because of a decade-old formula set up by Congress to slow the growth of Medicare."

Passing the buck all these years to save Bush/Cheney's asses, and now screwing the elderly and disabled when they need help the most. I think this is what the GOP will do.

Obama Urges Congress to Avert Medicare Pay Cuts

I just got a letter, they are cutting my sons caregiver hours by 5 per month. I am very angry. There are kids not as bad off as him that get 300 and 400 a month, his 126 was just reduced to 121. Needless to say, I intend to fight this. I'm going to call a lawyer and when I'm done with them, I'm betting they end up paying for another 50 caregiver hours for him. This is ridiculous. They think he needs LESS care because he's incontinent? Yes, that's what the letter said. It makes no sense at all, especially since he refuses to wear his diapers and we are doing laundry 24/7. Not to mention the extra housework. And you try making a 6 foot tall 200 pound man wear diapers....

I just got a letter, they are cutting my sons caregiver hours by 5 per month. I am very angry. There are kids not as bad off as him that get 300 and 400 a month, his 126 was just reduced to 121. Needless to say, I intend to fight this. I'm going to call a lawyer and when I'm done with them, I'm betting they end up paying for another 50 caregiver hours for him. This is ridiculous. They think he needs LESS care because he's incontinent? Yes, that's what the letter said. It makes no sense at all, especially since he refuses to wear his diapers and we are doing laundry 24/7. Not to mention the extra housework. And you try making a 6 foot tall 200 pound man wear diapers....

Bureaucracies are always like this. And you will lose if you do the envious thing and compare your situation to others. Stick to the point and focus like a laser on bureaucratic snafus and you will come out on top. Start whining about others and you will lose before you get very far.

D

The Republicans are positioning? Wow! I missed that one.

Republicans and Democrats have feuded over Medicare since its inception in 1965, and it is usually Democrats who adopt the stance of protecting the program against cost-cutters.

Ronald Reagan proposed cutting $1 billion in Medicare spending while president in 1981, when the program cost just $40 billion a year.

The GOP does not say the above was wrong. They are only playing a game for political gain, and that is what the OP stated. Obama is urging Congress to avoid cuts. I said the GOP will go for the cuts.

---
Yes, I think so. "Every year since 2003 ( all Bush/Cheney years, except 2), Congress has deferred" cuts "with backing from Democrats and Republicans" Cuts which were supposed to happen "because of a decade-old formula set up by Congress to slow the growth of Medicare."

Passing the buck all these years to save Bush/Cheney's asses, and now screwing the elderly and disabled when they need help the most. I think this is what the GOP will do.

Obama Urges Congress to Avert Medicare Pay Cuts

But YET they still FEUD...do they NOT? And WHY is that exactly? Could it BE that the people didn't and STILL DON'T want to relinquish CONTROL over their lives...that the Politicians remain licking their Collective CHOPS over as an issue?

But YET the DemoCrats did it despite the WISHES of the people.

GUESS whom is going to LOSE in 2010? November?

Three Gusses granted...First TWO are MOOT.

Oh wait! Medicare. If you want the same deal as other people and you have assets, just throw your assets away and you will be as needy and deserving as the ones you are envious of.

The incumbents are the ones who are making money=speech, stop trying to blame one side for what both sides do.

Conservatives have stacked the courts with Judges whose ideology supports the money = speech. The incumbents weren't all around as the GOP's long term goals were pursued.

Conservatives have stacked the courts with Judges whose ideology supports the money = speech. The incumbents weren't all around as the GOP's long term goals were pursued.

Have they? Look again.

I certainly hope so. GAWD, I hate the disabled and elderly! I bet you do, too.

Now for a hot babe pic:

eva-mendes.jpg

I certainly hope so. GAWD, I hate the disabled and elderly! I bet you do, too.

Now for a hot babe pic:

http://www.yyrkoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/eva-mendes.jpIMG][/QUOTE]

Hey like a famous Massachusetts conservative once said "when their time comes and they're ripe, time to go"

Of course I am paraphrasing John Silber of BU fame.

Last edited:

Have they? Look again.

Who has appointed the judges to the federal benches since the 1970s?

now get with it or go away. I am sure somewhere in that skull of yours is the ability to form an argument relevant to the discussion, an argument that deals with an opinion of your own or a fact.

Forum List

Back