Is GOP Finally Going To Screw The Disabled, & The Elderly On Medicare?

Some Democrats might vote with the GOP, but that will not negate the fact that the GOP has always wanted to cut Medicare and will vote as a block to do so now -- after putting this off for years under Bush.

The GOP will vote to allow the elderly and disabled to die in oder to beat Obama.

Which screws the Elderly more?

Making them false promises of support when we don't have the money and refusing to make adjustments until we have no money and they have to drop dead because of that?

Being honest with the fact that we don't have money and encouraging people to make alternative means of taking care of themselves?

You make these problems by lying to people amd somehow we are the uncompassionate people.

Screwing the elderly and disabled is a GOP family value. Before FDR, and after, the GOP always wanted to throw the elderly and disabled under the bus.

don't take my word for it, look at their votes in Congress and the GOP Presidents who fought Medicare. What was life like for the elderly and disabled in America before liberals gave them a safety net?

Wait until you and America gets the bill for obama care. If you think the GOP is tring to cut benifits from the elderly you haven't seen nothing yet.

My dear sock puppet, thank you for avoiding my argument and winning one against yourself, one of your own making. :cuckoo:

Big surprise here, not!

The GOP's con-sheeple have a difficult time debating arguments without spoon fed talking points. The con-sheeple need pre- framed arguments developed and fed out by the Con Noise Machine Media in order to argue without setting up straw men or making personal attacks.

The truths contained in my premises are deafening to the wingnuts.

Yes, I think so. "Every year since 2003 ( all Bush/Cheney years, except 2), Congress has deferred" cuts "with backing from Democrats and Republicans" Cuts which were supposed to happen "because of a decade-old formula set up by Congress to slow the growth of Medicare."

Passing the buck all these years to save Bush/Cheney's asses, and now screwing the elderly and disabled when they need help the most. I think this is what the GOP will do.

Obama Urges Congress to Avert Medicare Pay Cuts

Last edited:
Some Democrats might vote with the GOP, but that will not negate the fact that the GOP has always wanted to cut Medicare and will vote as a block to do so now -- after putting this off for years under Bush.

The GOP will vote to allow the elderly and disabled to die in oder to beat Obama.
Rationing, which is what youy are talking about has already been approved by and signed by obama and the democrats. Don't believe me read the law it's there.

Big surprise here, not!

The GOP's con-sheeple have a difficult time debating arguments without spoon fed talking points. The con-sheeple need pre- framed arguments developed and fed out by the Con Noise Machine Media in order to argue without setting up straw men or making personal attacks.

Yes, I think so. "Every year since 2003 ( all Bush/Cheney years, except 2), Congress has deferred" cuts "with backing from Democrats and Republicans" Cuts which were supposed to happen "because of a decade-old formula set up by Congress to slow the growth of Medicare."

Passing the buck all these years to save Bush/Cheney's asses, and now screwing the elderly and disabled when they need help the most. I think this is what the GOP will do.

I think I am going to love this board. GOP SHEEPLE :lol:

Medicare is an unconstitutional use of Federal tax dollars and should be complete repealed. Even that aside, the costs of Medicare have been ballooning out of control and it is an unsustainable program in the long run. This country didn't have such a severe debt problem until the Federal government decided it had to "help" everybody.

Rationing, which is what youy are talking about has already been approved by and signed by obama and the democrats. Don't believe me read the law it's there.

You are speaking of another issue. This has to do with cutting payments to doctors, which the GOP supports yet putt off doing under Bush. The trouble is some think some elderly and disabled will go without basic care, that is not about rationing.

Rationing? We already have it. If you are aware and honest you know American's health care policies already ration care.

clue: I posted the link. I know what Obama said.

What I am saying is in a different context. The GOP will try to cut medicare under Obama, after putting off for 8 years under bush, their desire to do so,

You really do enjoy that Kool-Aid don't you?

The Democrats could have voted to cut Medicare if they cared about money, like Obama claims he does. They could have been honest, and factored the price of not cutting Medicare into Obamacare, just like the Republicans wanted them to, so that everyone would have the real numbers to work with, instead of numbers that deliberately made it look like Obamacare would cut costs and reduce the deficit.

Now that the Republicans are calling them on their duplicity, Obama is crying that they want to kill off seniors and hurt doctors. This is the real price of Obamacare, and everyone that voted for it needs to own up to it. Instead, they are trying to blame the Republicans. And you are helping to spread the lie, despite your claim that you are not partisan or part of the fringe.

obamazombie.jpg

Screwing the elderly and disabled is a GOP family value. Before FDR, and after, the GOP always wanted to throw the elderly and disabled under the bus.

don't take my word for it, look at their votes in Congress and the GOP Presidents who fought Medicare. What was life like for the elderly and disabled in America before liberals gave them a safety net?

How is promising them aid you can't deliver on them showing compassion to them? Why is being honest with them and letting them know they still need to be an important part of our community throwing them under the bus?

You can't comprehend the idea of government not controlling every aspect of our life can you? If someone opposes government programs and spending, they clearly don't care about the people involved as far as you're concerned.

This is because you are too busy outsourcing your charity to do it yourself.

How is promising them aid you can't deliver on them showing compassion to them? Why is being honest with them and letting them know they still need to be an important part of our community throwing them under the bus?

You can't comprehend the idea of government not controlling every aspect of our life can you? If someone opposes government programs and spending, they clearly don't care about the people involved as far as you're concerned.

This is because you are too busy outsourcing your charity to do it yourself.

What are you arguing about now? The GOP has historically been opposed to Medicare.

Until liberals fought to enact Medicare, we had elderly and the disabled living in the richest country in the world, going without even the most basic medical care.

That is the GOP's America,

Dems still have a majority right? Did I miss something?

No you didn't, and there have always been some Dems willing to cut Medicare. But it is liberals who gave us Medicare and liberals who preserved it. Liberal Republicans who supported programs like Medicare have mostly been hounded out of the GOP

So saying some Democrats might go along with the GOP, does nothing to refute the argument, does it?

What are you arguing about now? The GOP has historically been opposed to Medicare.

Until liberals fought to enact Medicare, we had elderly and the disabled living in the richest country in the world, going without even the most basic medical care.

No, the GOP America is a grand old place where people actually work to provide themselves for a living. We encourage people to be self sufficient. And to provide charity through private actions rather than outsourcing our charity to the government. You see, we believe that individuals need to have the freedom to control their money, property, and make their own choices on how to help people. It's a crazy concept. We don't pretend we are somehow compassionate for taking money from other people to give it to others through the use of force. We don't pretend that the Elderly or disabled persons are somehow incompetant. Nor do we think that they have no value they can share with the community. In fact, we believe they are some of the most capable people among us.

But oddly enough you do. You think that if someone is old, they are too incompetant to take care of themselves. Instead, youd rather lie to them and tell them that it's alright if they never think about what their life is going to be in the future or plan ahead because you, through the gracious use of government force, will provide everything you can for them by using other peoples money.

You are speaking of another issue. This has to do with cutting payments to doctors, which the GOP supports yet putt off doing under Bush. The trouble is some think some elderly and disabled will go without basic care, that is not about rationing.

Rationing? We already have it. If you are aware and honest you know American's health care policies already ration care.

Rationing vs. cutting payments? whats the difference? If payments are cut then something has to be rationed. progressives and there twisted word games only works on the sheeple.

Rationing vs. cutting payments? whats the difference? If payments are cut then something has to be rationed. progressives and there twisted word games only works on the sheeple.

If you want to discuss rationing health care, that is another issue. Using your argument I can bring many issues into this discussion to give cover to the GOP. I can say the costs of test are equal to cutting. I can say the costs of malpractice insurance are equal to (have similar end-results) cost cutting. But that would only muddy the issue at hand and give cover to the GOP.

You have not refuted my basic premises.

thank you
:cool:
D

Keep plying the part line, and ignoring the facts. Obama is responsible for this because he lied to everyone, and is blaming the Republicans in the hopes that all the Obamazombies will line up behind him. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid

reading and comprehension not your strong suit? or is your blissful ignorance beefed up by willful blindness?

---

QW, look at what I was saying and how what you said in a PM is different. Why did I mention R&C?

reading and comprehension not your strong suit? or is your blissful ignorance beefed up by willful blindness?

---

Newsflash:

According to Obama both parties are responsible for this.

Since 2003, Congress has acted to prevent these pay cuts from going into effect. These votes were largely bipartisan, and they succeeded when Democrats ran Congress and when Republicans ran Congress – which was most of the time.
This year, a majority of Congress is willing to prevent a pay cut of 21% — a pay cut that would undoubtedly force some doctors to stop seeing Medicare patients altogether. But this time, some Senate Republicans may even block a vote on this issue. After years of voting to defer these cuts, the other party is now willing to walk away from the needs of our doctors and our seniors.

The real issue here is not that this has been done since 2003, by both Democrats and Republicans, the real issue is that Obamacare passed as a deficit reduction bill based on the assumption that these cuts would no longer be postponed. Now Obama is begging Congress to ignore what he said at the beginning of the year, and delaythe cuts, thus further wrecking the budget.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, it is good for you.

clue: I posted the link. I know what Obama said.

What I am saying is in a different context. The GOP will try to cut medicare under Obama, after putting off for 8 years under bush, their desire to do so,

QW,What I am saying is in a different context. The GOP will try to cut medicare under Obama, after putting off for 8 years under bush, their desire to do so

If you want to discuss rationing health care, that is another issue. Using your argument I can bring many issues into this discussion to give cover to the GOP. I can say the costs of test are equal to cutting. I can say the costs of malpractice insurance are equal to (have similar end-results) cost cutting. But that would only muddy the issue at hand and give cover to the GOP.

You have not refuted my basic premises.

thank you
:cool:
D

Rationing and cutting back are one in the same. Rationing has already been passed in the helthcare law. So if the doctors payment are cut what is it calleds? RATIONING.

No, the GOP America is a grand old place where people actually work to provide themselves for a living. We encourage people to be self sufficient. And to provide charity through private actions rather than outsourcing our charity to the government. You see, we believe that individuals need to have the freedom to control their money, property, and make their own choices on how to help people. It's a crazy concept. We don't pretend we are somehow compassionate for taking money from other people to give it to others through the use of force. We don't pretend that the Elderly or disabled persons are somehow incompetant. Nor do we think that they have no value they can share with the community. In fact, we believe they are some of the most capable people among us.

But oddly enough you do. You think that if someone is old, they are too incompetant to take care of themselves. Instead, youd rather lie to them and tell them that it's alright if they never think about what their life is going to be in the future or plan ahead because you, through the gracious use of government force, will provide everything you can for them by using other peoples money.

Considering the Democratic party has historically been the party of unions and blue collar workers, you'd have to say Democrats are hard working. Or do you say the GOP has been the party of working people and blue collar workers? You do know people in unions are hard working?

stop thinking winning arguments with yourself is comparable to debating others.

Forum List

Back