Is God Punishing Haiti?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Is God Punishing Haiti? If he is why?

These are questions I always wonder about when people I know to be Christians, Christians who are bigoted and prejudiced to any and all who differ with their beliefs' experience tragey and pain.

If there is a God, why does he punish Haiti so often? Haitians are, from what I hear, God's side on many issues.

Christian Haitians are vocally anti-abortion choice, anti-gay, anti-gay marrige, anti-man's laws, and anti-_____(fill in the blank).

Yet Haiti in the last few years keeps getting hit with deadly hurricanes, it was hit early with HIV Aids, and horrid poverty and violence, .Haitians were hit with Americans throwing their boat people back onto the island....

Is the Christian God listening?

I am not prejudiced against Haitians. I've done community work with them. I've included Hatian language in videos I made. I've worked in public health on HIV Aids in the Hatian American community. But I wonder what Christians who blame all sort of calamity on victims or innocents...I wonder if their principles and beliefs stand the test of consistency.

Does God punish people with natural disease and disaster? Is God punishing Haiti?

Last edited:
You will have to check with Pat Robertson on that. He is gods representative for the USA.

I am watching Pat Robertson right now and they ar sending aid to Haiti, of course they had to add Christians were in the area spreading the gospel, because right now that is the most important thing I guess. :D

Don't ask why I am watching Pat Robertson.

Is God punishing USMB, with these endless disasters of stupid threads? :rolleyes:
Dude, they don't call it dope for no reason. Get to a 12 step program soon.

How dare you belittle this thread? Do you think there are not preachers claiming punishment?

And of all the hateful posts and threads here, why is this thread a disaster? Look at what many people here say on a daily basis. All of a sudden people put on their nice faces? Not fooling me.

Fuckin' hypocrites with faux croc tears. I know there are many weeping to feel good about themsleves. Haitians are treated like third class citizens in America and many people here believe in God punishing people with natural disasters.

God bless the people of Haiti. That is if there is a God.

NAME ONE person here, let alone MANY, who believe that God is punishing people with Natural Disasters....

You will have to check with Pat Robertson on that. He is gods representative for the USA.

I am watching Pat Robertson right now and they ar sending aid to Haiti, of course they had to add Christians were in the area spreading the gospel, because right now that is the most important thing I guess. :D

I'VE WATCHED MY SHARE OF PAT. I'll most likely watch him again.

Catholic Charities is there too..big time. The Christian sects battle over infecting the minds of tyhe poor and ignorant in places like Haiti.

I think it was Jesus who first went after the ignored class. Kind of smaht if you ask me.

*wink

Catholic Charities is there too..big time. The Christian sects battle over infecting the minds of tyhe poor and ignorant in places like Haiti.

I think it was Jesus who first went after the ignored class. Kind of smaht if you ask me.

*wink
He comes on after whatever morning news show is on ABC I believe, for some reason I always end up watching his whole program every once in awhile. I get pissed and have to watch what he is going to say next. I love it when they do a story on someone who donated money to them, and then some how their life got better.

Sodom and Ghmorra (sp?) ?
Sure Gawd punishes. it started with Throwing Adam and Eve from the garden of eatin.

Last edited:

*wink
He comes on after whatever morning news show is on ABC I believe, for some reason I always end up watching his whole program every once in awhile. I get pissed and have to watch what he is going to say next. I love it when they do a story on someone who donated money to them, and then some how their life got better.
I waited on him once in a restaurant I worked at. If ever I met the Devil in person it was him. His body temperature was so low that if you got close enough to him you got a chill.

Is God punishing USMB, with these endless disasters of stupid threads? :rolleyes:
Dude, they don't call it dope for no reason. Get to a 12 step program soon.

How dare you belittle this thread? Do you think there are not preachers claiming punishment?

And of all the hateful posts and threads here, why is this thread a disaster? Look at what many people here say on a daily basis. All of a sudden people put on their nice faces? Not fooling me.

Fuckin' hypocrites with faux croc tears. I know there are many weeping to feel good about themsleves. Haitians are treated like third class citizens in America and many people here believe in God punishing people with natural disasters.

God bless the people of Haiti. That is if there is a God.

NAME ONE person here, let alone MANY, who believe that God is punishing people with Natural Disasters....[/QUOTE]

Pat Robertson and Jerrry Falwell, except Jerry is dead.

Sodom and Ghmorra (sp?) ?
Sure Gawd punishes. it started with Throwing Adam and Eve from the garden of eatin.
if you read the story...
the punishment that God gave was 'not warning them of the catastrophe'....not the catastrophe itself....and the STORY was about God giving Abraham more and more chances to SAVE them all....God reduced it down to just one person being good and He would have given them warning, from first starting with many more in his negotiations with abraham.....

Forum List

Back