Is God perfect?

God is not perfect. After all, after he killed everyone with a flood, he realized that he had been too harsh, and promised not to do it again. Of course, being all knowing, he knew that he would be sorry, before he even did it....which begs the question of, why did he do it? obviously, he is either not all knowing, or stumbles around making mistakes on purpose.

God is not perfect. After all, after he killed everyone with a flood, he realized that he had been too harsh, and promised not to do it again. Of course, being all knowing, he knew that he would be sorry, before he even did it....which begs the question of, why did he do it? obviously, he is either not all knowing, or stumbles around making mistakes on purpose.

ous is not to question ..WHY? Ours is but to do and....die.......

No religion is perfect and many believe they are following god's words or demands.
If the books containing "god's words" is flawed and the religion is flawed, how can the god be perfect? A perfect god would not allow an imperfect religion to represent him.
Either religion is man made or god made.
There was no real religion before civilization. Religion was used to control the masses. So many religions through the ages, so how can one be the perfect religion? Why wasn't the first one perfect?

No perfection with imperfect men involved-- God had 1 single religion in the ot-Israelites--they fell from his grace quite a few times. Jesus started 1 single religion--not many. 99% of all religion is false.

Religion goes back to 38,000 BCE Long before the OT

So, you want to explain how the first religion was perfect? Judaism evolved, it did not fall from the sky complete and pure from the hand of god.

What's a strange use of the word "evolution" because religions are not able to evolve in sense of the natural law "theory of [biological] evolution" - except maybe spirits themselve would be living entities independent from any form of materialism. The oldest grave is by the way about 95000 years old. It's not far from the place where Jesus was born. So we know the term "transcendence" (however they said concrete) is existing about 100000 years now.

Humans beings make plans and think about the future - but the theory of evolution (darwinism) knows nothing about such teleological structures. Often the expression "evolve" is only a empty placeholder for "learning" or "tradition" or other descriptions like "intercultural transfer of knowledge" or other possibilities.

The lionman (my avatar) is for example 32000 years old. There is no evolution in arts. Arts is a perfect inspiration. Suddenly arts appears in the pre-history - and from the beginning arts was always perfect. Only the quality and technical equipment varies. But "beauty" itselve is an eternal thing.

Last edited:
evolve is sometimes used as a synonym for
"develop over time"------strictly speaking it is
a biological process--------sheeeesh you are picky

No religion is perfect and many believe they are following god's words or demands.
If the books containing "god's words" is flawed and the religion is flawed, how can the god be perfect? A perfect god would not allow an imperfect religion to represent him.
There was no real religion before civilization. Religion was used to control the masses. So many religions through the ages, so how can one be the perfect religion? Why wasn't the first one perfect?

No perfection with imperfect men involved-- God had 1 single religion in the ot-Israelites--they fell from his grace quite a few times. Jesus started 1 single religion--not many. 99% of all religion is false.

So, you want to explain how the first religion was perfect? Judaism evolved, it did not fall from the sky complete and pure from the hand of god.

Bible chronology has mankind on earth for 6040 years, so I don't know where you get your info.
There is no perfection where imperfect mortals are involved.

Bible is obviously wrong. There are religious sites and god figures from africa to eurasia going back to 38,000 BCE. Most are half man half animal figure. There are rituals as part of the religion beyond just burial. Places of offering.

Who? says they are that old? scientist?

Gobeki Tepe is over 11,000 yrs old. Stonehenge is 7000 yrs old. These are names you should recognize. Other you might not in Germany and Botswana are much older.

The Bible is wrong. Our genetic Adam is from 180,000 yrs ago.

Sorry but science disproves the idea of man's history being just 6000 yrs old.

Get over it and go back to school.

What's a strange use of the word "evolution" because religions are not able to evolve in sense of the natural law "theory of [biological] evolution" - except maybe spirits themselve would be living entities independent from any form of materialism. The oldest grave is by the way about 95000 years old. It's not far from the place where Jesus was born. So we know the term "transcendence" (however they said concrete) is existing about 100000 years now.

Humans beings make plans and think about the future - but the theory of evolution (darwinism) knows nothing about such teleological structures. Often the expression "evolve" is only a empty placeholder for "learning" or "tradition" or other descriptions like "intercultural transfer of knowledge" or other possibilities.

The lionman (my avatar) is for example 32000 years old. There is no evolution in arts. Arts is a perfect inspiration. Suddenly arts appears in the pre-history - and from the beginning arts was always perfect. Only the quality and technical equipment varies. But "beauty" itselve is an eternal thing.

Religion does not just pop up, it builds and grown over time. The simplicity of the figurative Abraham evolved into the tent and laws of Moses and to the teachings of Jesus and into what we know as Christianity. The idea of Christianity did not just spring complete from one person's mind, nor give in it's oresent form by god.
All live evolves, as did the planet and universe. It developed gradually.
In terms of an infinite, it might be a blink of an eye, but everything does evolve. We began as a chemical reaction into a single cell, so forth and so on. We were not snapped into this form. From the time of our birth we grow and evolve into adults with knowledge and a life full of experience.

Of course art evolved from hand shadows on cave walls to stick figures, to your avatar figure from Hohlenstein-Stadel, which is more like 40,000 yrs old.
Music has gone from banging two rocks together to Beethoven to modern rock. Everything will continue to change. Even the mountains are growing and washing away with the rains. Beauty is a perception.

Pedestrian Philistines

In the age of free market capitalism, the new titans are gods are the captains of industry --- i.e., Bill Gates (Microsoft), Lee Iacocca (Chrysler), etc.

In this environment of economics-driven social graces, it feels easy to be atheist or nihilistic or even naturally sarcastic (i.e., "My God makes me wealthy.").

If the new age terrorist is the Internet hacker, is the new age Devil the steroids-using Olympic athlete?

:afro:

Dream Warriors (Film)

wolf.jpg

Religion does not just pop up, it builds and grown over time.

No. If you take a look a Göbekli Tepe and you start to realize that hunters and gatherers made this temples then this shows very clear to you that this hypothese is wrong. Suddenly spiritual culture and technical civilsation existed - and afterwards we started to fill this new world.

The simplicity of the figurative Abraham evolved into the tent

I'm not able to translate what you say here. If you should think a tent is a simple thing then I guess you don't realize that most people today are not even able to produce a fingerring nor do they understand how the power of 100 or 200 horses finds a place in a little car. The most people today would not survive any longer in a situation where Abraham and his people lived.

and laws of Moses and to the teachings of Jesus and into what we know as Christianity. The idea of Christianity did not just spring complete from one person's mind, nor give in it's oresent form by god.
All live evolves, as did the planet and universe. It developed gradually.

No. The universe was suddenly here including all natural laws. Evolution is one of this natural laws. But what the most people are discussing about in case of evolution is only an ideology.

In terms of an infinite, it might be a blink of an eye, but everything does evolve.

That's wrong. A circle was for example always a circle - since the first planksecond. Evolution and Creation are indeed completly different expressions. The typical english discussion "evolution vs creation" was for me always only an empty discussion.

We began as a chemical reaction into a single cell, so forth and so on.

That's why no one has any right to abort any human beings - except on reasons of self defense.

We were not snapped into this form.

That's true - but nothing what the theory of evolution says. I could be an extraterrestrian with eight tentacles and you would know nothing about. In the moment we are formless here - only our thoughhts produce strange krikelkrakles while we are stil using babylonian structures if we take a look at a watch.

From the time of our birth we grow and evolve into adults with knowledge

Again I have to say "no" to this imagination. It's a wrong picture. We grow. We go to school. We learn. But we don't evolve knowledge. If we find something new then we are intuitive, creative, inspired ...

and a life full of experience.

Experience is what we need before we make it.

Of course art evolved from hand shadows on cave walls to stick figures, to your avatar figure from Hohlenstein-Stadel, which is more like 40,000 yrs old.

40000? No no. 32000 years maybe a liltle older. Was one of my grandparents this guy. In those days lived lions here in Germany.

Music has gone from banging two rocks together

Try it - then you will understand why I shake my head now. Whatever. The oldest flute we found was made from an homo neanderthaliensis. I love the idea that we learned music from them and they learned arts from us. Unfortunatelly they died out - but we saved fortunatelly some of their genes in us.

to Beethoven to modern rock.

Ahem. Music evolved from Bethoven to modern rock? I guess now believes no musician any longer in your form of the theory of evolution, even if he's a rock musician. When Bethoven wrote his 9th symphony he was for example deaf.

Everything will continue to change.

That's what I often say but I prefer the original sentence "panta rei". Somehow funny: The sun rises since 4.5 billon years - but we don't know wether the sun will rise tomorrow too.

Even the mountains are growing and washing away with the rains. Beauty is a perception.

No beauty is not only a perception - it is also something like a percept on its own. A circle was always existing and always beautiful - and always invisible.

Last edited:

Every child understands Noah and the rainbow. Not so you. Why? You was once a child.

Last edited:

Bible chronology has mankind on earth for 6040 years, so I don't know where you get your info.
There is no perfection where imperfect mortals are involved.

Bible is obviously wrong. There are religious sites and god figures from africa to eurasia going back to 38,000 BCE. Most are half man half animal figure. There are rituals as part of the religion beyond just burial. Places of offering.

Who? says they are that old? scientist?

Gobeki Tepe is over 11,000 yrs old. Stonehenge is 7000 yrs old. These are names you should recognize. Other you might not in Germany and Botswana are much older.

The Bible is wrong. Our genetic Adam is from 180,000 yrs ago.

Sorry but science disproves the idea of man's history being just 6000 yrs old.

Get over it and go back to school.

Are these the same scientist who with their absolutely flawed use of science have polluted Gods air, land and water and put a huge hole into the ozone layer so that havoc weather is all over the earth? And as well have been selling us cancer for about 60 years??????
Be my guest believe these men and see where it gets you.

Energy Eggplant

In modern society, we seem very interested in using self-idealization avatars (i.e., comic book characters) to re-present our fascination with power and powers.

Christianity offers us many imaginative models of super-human (or divine) counselors and agents (i.e., archangels, prophets, etc.).

Many images of fantastic powers are considered heresy by orthodox religions, almost as if theism suggests that the proof of God's perfection is His authoritative demand for supreme and undistracted obedience.

The comic book super-villain Video-Man (Marvel Comics) is a mutant super-human who can invade computers and video games and disrupt networks and shoot beams of energy like a terrorist. The comic book super-hero Green Lantern (DC Comics) is an offbeat but popular super-human who draws his incredible strength and powers from a magical ring which he also uses to create wondrous energized weapons and fields of radiation.

If I pit Video-Man against Green Lantern (i.e., "Video-Man shoots his beams of energy at Green Lantern, but the superhero counters by creating an incredible energy field cage"), I might consider how these fun fantasies about power and powers challenges our notions of an attentive God that tends to all of our layman daydreams about greatness.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

vm.jpg gl.jpg

Energy Eggplant

In modern society, we seem very interested in using self-idealization avatars (i.e., comic book characters) to re-present our fascination with power and powers.

Christianity offers us many imaginative models of super-human (or divine) counselors and agents (i.e., archangels, prophets, etc.).

Many images of fantastic powers are considered heresy by orthodox religions, almost as if theism suggests that the proof of God's perfection is His authoritative demand for supreme and undistracted obedience.

The comic book super-villain Video-Man (Marvel Comics) is a mutant super-human who can invade computers and video games and disrupt networks and shoot beams of energy like a terrorist. The comic book super-hero Green Lantern (DC Comics) is an offbeat but popular super-human who draws his incredible strength and powers from a magical ring which he also uses to create wondrous energized weapons and fields of radiation.

If I pit Video-Man against Green Lantern (i.e., "Video-Man shoots his beams of energy at Green Lantern, but the superhero counters by creating an incredible energy field cage"), I might consider how these fun fantasies about power and powers challenges our notions of an attentive God that tends to all of our layman daydreams about greatness.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

View attachment 44159 View attachment 44160

I didn't follow you through this.

God does expect our obedience (but doesn't expect we won't be distracted, we ARE human after all)
He's much more that a super-hero. He's everything and all that matters... that being said.
He's not worried about attending to us at all; we are supposed to be attending to Him.
Unless what we are doing here on Earth is for Him or His will; it's meaningless.

He's everything and all that matters ... we are supposed to be attending to Him.

including arriving at the gates to the Everlasting has nothing to do with the Almighty, only how one arrives there matters - for Spirits sake and for the Everlasting it is "good" something is there to stop the Hitlers from entering and that is all there is to it ...

Forum List

Back