Is God perfect?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Or do some just say he is being too lazy to look into it?

Cosmologists (astronomers who study the universe on the largest scales,) say that only because the early universe's distribution of matter was IMperfect, did the first stars form being attracted to other bits of matter, as opposed to if matter was perfectly/evenly distributed and everythign held in check by it's nearest neighbor particles. So we owe our very existence to imperfection.

I suppose a 'perfect' god coulda created imperfection perfectly like. But let's look at the Bible. God's very first try and creation people seems flawed. God create Adam without a 'help mate.' And only when Adam rejected all the animals as his 'help mate' (wink wink) did God create a woman.

But even then, God seemed to make mistakes. These two first beings rebelled. And their children then committed the first murder. This is not to my understanding of perfection, perfect. This is "oops!"

Cosmologists (astronomers who study the universe on the largest scales,) say that only because the early universe's distribution of matter was IMperfect, did the first stars form being attracted to other bits of matter, as opposed to if matter was perfectly/evenly distributed and everythign held in check by it's nearest neighbor particles. So we owe our very existence to imperfection.

I suppose a 'perfect' god coulda created imperfection perfectly like. But let's look at the Bible. God's very first try and creation people seems flawed. God create Adam without a 'help mate.' And only when Adam rejected all the animals as his 'help mate' (wink wink) did God create a woman.

But even then, God seemed to make mistakes. These two first beings rebelled. And their children then committed the first murder. This is not to my understanding of perfection, perfect. This is "oops!"

Or, could it be we are too lazy to understand the truths in the story. We are distracted by side information the story contains. The truth being presented is that man and woman came from the same being, the same essence; perhaps not the best/most accurate description, but two parts of a whole. In other words, one did not evolve from a whale as the other evolved from a giraffe.

Humans were created with free will or free choice (if you feel the latter to be more accurate). If an individual can look ahead to consider all the things that could go wrong with a plan, then it follows God has the same ability. Just as a human might decide, "I can handle whatever happens", there is nothing to say that God was of a similar mind: That He could handle whatever happens.

Or, could it be we are too lazy to understand the truths in the story. We are distracted by side information the story contains. The truth being presented is that man and woman came from the same being, the same essence; perhaps not the best/most accurate description, but two parts of a whole. In other words, one did not evolve from a whale as the other evolved from a giraffe.

Humans were created with free will or free choice (if you feel the latter to be more accurate). If an individual can look ahead to consider all the things that could go wrong with a plan, then it follows God has the same ability. Just as a human might decide, "I can handle whatever happens", there is nothing to say that God was of a similar mind: That He could handle whatever happens.

Punishing Adam and Eve with expulsion doesn't indicate 'I'm fine with free will/choice.'

Punishing Adam and Eve with expulsion doesn't indicate 'I'm fine with free will/choice.'

But it does equate with there are consequences for our choices. For example, did you ever give a gift to your child that he/she promptly used to bash a sibling? And wasn't the consequence taking away the gift? Or, if more simply, the child did not take care of the gift and it became unusable, did your run out and replace it?

But it does equate with there are consequences for our choices. For example, did you ever give a gift to your child that he/she promptly used to bash a sibling? And wasn't the consequence taking away the gift? Or, if more simply, the child did not take care of the gift and it became unusable, did your run out and replace it?

So God's a 5th wheel parent?

Grin. That's not how I see God. God describes Himself as, I am who I am. I think that might be something greater than a fifth wheel.

So we owe our very existence to imperfection ...

there is the engine and there is the wheel it turns - for Admission to the Everlasting the specs for the engine are all the Almighty requires.

He's not God if he's not perfect.

If you believe in and worship and imperfect God, you are wasting your time.

B: If you believe in and worship and imperfect God, you are wasting your time.

is pure the same as perfect ?

Is a perfect universe one in which the supreme ruler allows free will or rules by tyranny? The idea of a perfect God that must control absolutely everything is not my idea of a perfect God. What one might deem as a mistake, others might deem as a perfection.

Depends if you are asking Webster or whoever.... you'd have to go back word derivations etc. if you want to be technical about it, but, in the instance of God, he is both - I think that are mutually dependent (can't be pure and imperfect and can't be perfect and be impure) -

Grin. That's not how I see God. God describes Himself as, I am who I am. I think that might be something greater than a fifth wheel.
There is nothing to indicate that any of the Christian gawds have ever described themselves in the way you describe.

Is a perfect universe one in which the supreme ruler allows free will or rules by tyranny? The idea of a perfect God that must control absolutely everything is not my idea of a perfect God. What one might deem as a mistake, others might deem as a perfection.
We certainly don't live in a perfect universe, whatever that means. What's convenient regarding descriptions of the gawds (perfect or otherwise), is to simply configure them as you would like them to be.

The Genesis story is a figurative one. We have figured that out. Think about who this story was being told to 6,000 years ago and what things were relevant to them .

Depends if you are asking Webster or whoever.... you'd have to go back word derivations etc. if you want to be technical about it, but, in the instance of God, he is both - I think that are mutually dependent (can't be pure and imperfect and can't be perfect and be impure) -
Depends if you are asking Webster ...

:lmao:

the only one with meaning is Purity ... and is a defining factor for all that does or does not exist.

They were created to know only good, to live forever if they did not sin. They would have been robots per-se if God didn't give them free will to choose to listen to his advice, to choose to love God for all that he did for them for free. So God put 1 tree into the garden and told them not to ever eat from it or they positively would die. Satans lie to Eve made her rebel and thus bad was brought into the world.
When satan told Eve--you will become like God, knowing good and bad--he was saying--we wouldn't need to listen to Gods advice if we knew both sides ourselves, we could choose for ourself. This brought Gods universal sovereignty into question--so once and for all time it is being proven beyond the shadow of a doubt--was God correct--Mortals knowing only good was the best path to find lasting happiness, or was satan correct--knowing both bad and good and we choose for ourselves? I say God is 100% correct.

But let's look at the Bible. God's very first try and creation people seems flawed.

I know you are just saying it in the context of the religion forum, but folks looking to the Bible for any intelligent information is a disastrous mistake. The foremost is misinterpreting Yahweh for what we might say is a Creator or "God." The Old Testament makes it clear Yahweh was a local war deity among other assorted deities. Yes, Jews were NOT monotheistic and to top it off, ancient Israelites observed a different jealous local deity than the Jews. In other words, Jewish mythology is screwed up since they did plagiarize others quite a bit and the authors never sorted it all out. Long story short, not only is Yahweh not "God," only an illiterate idiot (a racist jew or delusional evangelical nutcase) would say such a thing in the information age.

Last edited:
We are not perfect, or all knowing, so there is no way to INTELLECTUALLY determine if God is perfect.

You believe it or you don't.

My issue with God isn't the debate over free will versus predestination so much as a just and loving God that allows his favorite creation to suffer so much from things not of our actual doing. Diseases, genetic disorders, famine, floods, earthquakes, and a hundred other natural disasters. Even if Original Sin as a concept is valid, I find it hard to accept a loving god who creates pediatric leukemia and eye-flies that prey on babies.

Forum List

Back