Is God gender fluid?

I am referring to a previous conversation here where you avoided answering direct questions about your beliefs or were intentionally vague in your answers.
So he was pulling a ding?

I’m a rabbi, and so I’m particularly saddened whenever religious arguments are brought in to defend social prejudices — as they often are in the discussion about transgender rights. In fact, the Hebrew Bible, when read in its original language, offers a highly elastic view of gender. And I do mean highly elastic: In Genesis 3:12, Eve is referred to as “he.” In Genesis 9:21, after the flood, Noah repairs to “her” tent. Genesis 24:16 refers to Rebecca as a “young man.” And Genesis 1:27 refers to Adam as “them.”

Opinion | Is God Transgender?
God, in Himself, must contain both masculine and feminine. If God possessed no feminine nature, then that would mean that women contained a nature that was completely outside of God. How could God create something which He Himself did not contain? Some might say, God doesn’t have an evil nature, but evil exists. No. Evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is not extant, just as cold is the mere absence of heat, and darkness is the mere absence of light. Femininity on the other hand is an extant nature. Femininity is NOT the absence of masculinity. Femininity is an existential reality unto itself, and therefore God contains it in Himself.

I’m a rabbi, and so I’m particularly saddened whenever religious arguments are brought in to defend social prejudices — as they often are in the discussion about transgender rights. In fact, the Hebrew Bible, when read in its original language, offers a highly elastic view of gender. And I do mean highly elastic: In Genesis 3:12, Eve is referred to as “he.” In Genesis 9:21, after the flood, Noah repairs to “her” tent. Genesis 24:16 refers to Rebecca as a “young man.” And Genesis 1:27 refers to Adam as “them.”

God, in Himself, must contain both masculine and feminine. If God possessed no feminine nature, then that would mean that women contained a nature that was completely outside of God. How could God create something which He Himself did not contain? Some might say, God doesn’t have an evil nature, but evil exists. No. Evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is not extant, just as cold is the mere absence of heat, and darkness is the mere absence of light. Femininity on the other hand is an extant nature. Femininity is NOT the absence of masculinity. Femininity is an existential reality unto itself, and therefore God contains it in Himself.

As vague as ever.

As vague as ever.
How so? You asked a question if God is gender fluid. I provided the logic that God must contain masculine and feminine nature. What exactly is vague about that?

The answer to Taz’s question is so that good could come from it. Life is a test.
So let's say some guy kills a whole family and is executed. What good came from that?
None that you will ever be able to see.
Like what?
Thank you for proving my point.
Shaddap! You have nothing as usual. :290968001256257790-final:
Life is a test and you are failing it.

I like how people pretend to KNOW what their God has or doesnt have :lol:

So let's say some guy kills a whole family and is executed. What good came from that?
Like what?
You said that already and never answered my questions: who decides if I'm failing? And what good came out of the murders and execution?

I am referring to a previous conversation here where you avoided answering direct questions about your beliefs or were intentionally vague in your answers.

I knows full well I'm not a rabbi. And he doesn't understand understatement, he's so culturally underdeveloped.
Right, you are Jewish... and intentionally vague about your beliefs. As is almost every Jew I have had discussions with. I just can't figure out why. It makes no sense.

Then why do you continue to call him "Himself."

Like what?
You said that already and never answered my questions: who decides if I'm failing? And what good came out of the murders and execution?
You decide. You have free will. You control your own destiny despite your insistence on transferring your power to external sources.

I knows full well I'm not a rabbi. And he doesn't understand understatement, he's so culturally underdeveloped.
Right, you are Jewish... and intentionally vague about your beliefs. As is almost every Jew I have had discussions with. I just can't figure out why. It makes no sense.
Hob is a Sod Jew, apparently, there's a whole bunch of different kinds and can't even all agree on the same things. Sort of like Christianity and Islam.

What do you mean, my 'beliefs'? You think all Jews are the same?

Forum List

Back