Is God both omniscient and omnipotent?

A better explanation is God doesn't exist. Let him strike me dead if I'm wrong...
but he needs you.....without you, who would remind us how silly atheists are......

And of course he didn't strike down Mother Theresa, another silly atheist.
lol.....and here you come with a shiny new example of what I was referring to......did you somehow get it into your mind that Mother Theresa was espousing atheism.......

God already knows my fate, which means that it is preordained. Consequently, I have no decisions to make. Kind of nice, really!
lol.....haven't thought this through, have you......since he hasn't told you what he knows about your fate, you're still stuck with the necessity of making the decision.......sorry.....

God told me that you don't know what you are talking about. That disturbs me, because I already knew that, and he should have known that I already knew that.

God already knows my fate, which means that it is preordained. Consequently, I have no decisions to make. Kind of nice, really!
lol.....haven't thought this through, have you......since he hasn't told you what he knows about your fate, you're still stuck with the necessity of making the decision.......sorry.....

God told me that you don't know what you are talking about. That disturbs me, because I already knew that, and he should have known that I already knew that.
and I chose to say it....he knew I was going to, but I didn't know what he knew so I did it anyway.......

I just read Richard Dawkins book' the God delusion' and he says the following.
If God is omniscient (all knowing) he must already know how he is going to intervene to change the course of history using his omnipotence. ( being all powerful) But that means he can't change his mind about his intervention, which means he is not omnipotent.

If God is omnipotent and if it is possible to have free will then he has the power to have free will and choice. If God is omniscient, then he would know well in advance that his decision is the absolute best decision. It is not a matter of "he can't change his mind" but a matter of "he would never change his mind" because he knows the end from the beginning and knows the best choice before he chooses to do it. God is a being of free will and will always choose the right because it is the best choice to make. He doesn't do things because he is forced to do them but because he truly understands that they are the best choice to make. God is the ultimate being of free will and he will always make the most wise and knowledgeable decision. He is the supreme being.

If it were possible to create something ex nihilo, then God would have created all men to be like himself and would have not needed to send us into an imperfect immortal state. But the truth is that ex nihilo creation is an eternal impossibility. There is no possibility of creating ex nihilo. Not even for God. It simply cannot be done. Mankind has eternally existed and was a spirit child of God before coming to this world. In other words, the basis of man is self-existent. Since man has always existed, he could be created to be perfect. He has to learn to become perfect.

Free will is an eternal principal of progression. For us to become more like our Father in heaven, we need to have the same qualities that he has. Nobody tells God what to do. He does everything of his own free will. For us to become more like him, we need to have free will and need to learn to choose good rather than evil. God does good of his own volition. If we are to be like him, we need to learn to choose good in and of ourselves. Freedom is an eternal principal with God. The plan of the devil is to use force. But that line of reasoning is false and always has been. Ruling by tyranny is the greatest misconception of the despots of this world. They don't understand that God rules in the heavens above and in the earth beneath by free will. It is the only true way to rule. This does not mean that we have the freedom to do bad things without consequence otherwise God's kingdom would be a kingdom of chaos. But we are allowed to have free will to choose what kind of being we will be.

Forum List

Back