Is God anti-education?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Ecclesiastes 1:18 (KJV)
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Genesis 2:17 (KJV)
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

CHAPTER XX

There was also at Jerusalem one named Zaccheus, who was a schoolmaster. 2 And he said to Joseph, Joseph, why dost thou not send Jesus to me, that he may learn his letters? 3 Joseph agreed, and told St. Mary; 4 So they brought him to that master; who, as soon as he saw him, wrote out an alphabet for him. 5 And he bade him say Aleph; and when he had said Aleph, the master bade him pronounce Beth. 6 Then the Lord Jesus said to him, Tell me first the meaning of the letter Aleph, and then I will pronounce Beth. 7 And when the master threatened to whip him, the Lord Jesus explained to him the meaning of the letters Aleph and Beth; 8 Also which were the straight figures of the letters, which the oblique, and what letters had double figures; which had points, and which had none; why one letter went before another; and many other things he began to tell him, and explain, of which the master himself had never heard, nor read any book. 9 The Lord Jesus farther said the master, Take notice how I say to thee; then he began clearly and distinctly to say Aleph, Beth, Gimel, Daleth, and so on to the end of the alphabet. 10 At this the master was so surprised, that he said, I believe his boy was born before Noah; 11 And turning to Joseph, he said, Thou hast brought a boy to be to be taught, who is more learned than any master. 12 He said also unto St. Mary, This your son has no need of any learning.
Apocrypha: First Infancy Gospel of Jesus : Interfaith

Last edited:
The day you know truth is the day you start dying to your own pleasures just like Paul- you die daily to your own carnal desires of living in your own garden of pleasure (Eden).

Follow-up question: Does religion work better absent other fields of knowledge?
I like this personally but others go different routes. Seek the Kingdom of heaven first and the rest will be added to you.

1. And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."
- Gospel of Thomas
The Gospel of Thomas Collection - Translations and Resources

Follow-up question: Does religion work better absent other fields of knowledge?

I'll tell you it tests the hell out of you going thru the BEGATS Even my husband said it was worse than U of T third seimester in biology.sp?

I think I was in Thunder Bay.

:lol:

I only know Delta is that I have faith that there is something bigger and better than us. Jehovah ok. Allah ok. Both ISLAM and Christianity on Christ. OK.

Years ago for me was the way of the Yaqui and the ways of Don Juan. But all roads lead back to faith. Have you ever seen a hummingbird up close or a tree filled with monarchs?

I have. Bobcat in the bush. Vulture formations flying so close to you you can feel their feathers and smell them. A trio of sandhill cranes breaking formation to fly over me because I protected them and their young just once one year.

I just know I didn't become nor all these other beasties from some shit in the sea. I'm not buying into that crap.

We are amazing. And so are all of those around us.

Ecclesiastes 1:18 (KJV)
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Genesis 2:17 (KJV)
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

CHAPTER XX

There was also at Jerusalem one named Zaccheus, who was a schoolmaster. 2 And he said to Joseph, Joseph, why dost thou not send Jesus to me, that he may learn his letters? 3 Joseph agreed, and told St. Mary; 4 So they brought him to that master; who, as soon as he saw him, wrote out an alphabet for him. 5 And he bade him say Aleph; and when he had said Aleph, the master bade him pronounce Beth. 6 Then the Lord Jesus said to him, Tell me first the meaning of the letter Aleph, and then I will pronounce Beth. 7 And when the master threatened to whip him, the Lord Jesus explained to him the meaning of the letters Aleph and Beth; 8 Also which were the straight figures of the letters, which the oblique, and what letters had double figures; which had points, and which had none; why one letter went before another; and many other things he began to tell him, and explain, of which the master himself had never heard, nor read any book. 9 The Lord Jesus farther said the master, Take notice how I say to thee; then he began clearly and distinctly to say Aleph, Beth, Gimel, Daleth, and so on to the end of the alphabet. 10 At this the master was so surprised, that he said, I believe his boy was born before Noah; 11 And turning to Joseph, he said, Thou hast brought a boy to be to be taught, who is more learned than any master. 12 He said also unto St. Mary, This your son has no need of any learning.
Apocrypha: First Infancy Gospel of Jesus : Interfaith

No, but Pol Pot, god of the democrats, is.

I only know Delta is that I have faith that there is something bigger and better than us. Jehovah ok. Allah ok. Both ISLAM and Christianity on Christ. OK.

Years ago for me was the way of the Yaqui and the ways of Don Juan. But all roads lead back to faith. Have you ever seen a hummingbird up close or a tree filled with monarchs?

I have. Bobcat in the bush. Vulture formations flying so close to you you can feel their feathers and smell them. A trio of sandhill cranes breaking formation to fly over me because I protected them and their young just once one year.

I just know I didn't become nor all these other beasties from some shit in the sea. I'm not buying into that crap.

Wow.. You really believe all that Castaneda crap? That explains so much.

No more so than believing all of us came from a skank in the ocean.

By all means differ.

One skank in the ocean created all of us.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Special.

No more so than believing all of us came from a skank in the ocean.

By all means differ.

Which religion or scientific belief says we all came from a skank in the ocean?

Forum List

Back