Is God a theory?

To me God was a theory, until I ran away at 16 and saw some really interesting pieces of synchronicity.

Now? To me, God is a proven fact.

I have to think about it.

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves while I do.

scientific theorem are hypotheses arrived at after use of scientific method, culminating in replicable results.

g-d is not a theory. g-d is a religious belief. it is faith-based, and not reliant on any use of scientific method. either g-d is or isn't... whether one believes has zip zero zilch nada to do with evidence.

Just because you believe you are talking to god doesnt make it fact

Ok, think of it this way. It be like me telling you your relationship with your parents, siblings, spouse, children, family or friends is all just a theory. You talking to them is just a theory. I can't see them. Heck, I can't see you. I can only see your words written on a screen. Or maybe they are not even your words? Maybe I don't believe you and maybe I'll say you are not telling the truth? I either believe you or I don't.

Words (or what we say with our tongue, or write down) have the power of life and death. (That saying - "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me", is bogus. We all know it hurts us. Some won't admit it, but it surely hurts us.)

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.

Our "tongue, words, what we say" impacts others and our own character, hugely. And yes, we all fail at it.

James 3
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

My point?
God has given us His Word to show us Who He is, and who we are to Him. Some people believe Him/His Word, some people don't. Just like me saying above, that I could say I don't believe you. God has told us we can call upon His Name in His Word. He said that whoever calls upon the Name of the Lord will be saved. He's knocking and waiting. We can ask, "God, are you really there? God, what is the truth? Is Jesus Christ really our Lord and Savior?" He has promised, that He will answer when we seek Him with all our hearts, and all our souls.

One of the the problems?
Our sin nature. The flesh. We know deep dow that when we truly call upon His Name, firstly, we are going to have to repent and ask for forgiveness. The first of which is not believing Him in the first place. Then the rest of our lives, as we still sin, but His love makes us not want to sin, and we are convicted by His Spirit. Some things are gonna be taken off. Some things we can no longer do; those things that which we love to do in the flesh.

The Solution?
Call upon the Name of Jesus Christ. Trust in Him/His Word(Ever notice how strong the Name of Jesus Christ is?) Though when one is born again by His Spirit, we still have battles with the flesh. We still want it do it "our way" or have things "our way". Some things are taken off right away, some things aren't. But when we trust in Him, finally, we see the world as it is, we know the truth of our lives, and our hope is in Him forevermore.
"I once was blind, but now I see."

Anyhow, I can try as I might, and use my own words to try to convice you that God is not just a theory, and type all day long and try to witness....but the only way God's Word will come alive (and not be a theory) for anyone is when they actually trust in Him enough to call upon His Name with all their heart - and He promises He will answer. (Again going back to Jesus Christ being the Word of God. After that - "It is finished." We know the truth, and the truth sets us free, Praise the Lord.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Theory is based of some evidence that lead you to a conclusion. A theory can be tested. God cannot. God is no more a theory than Peter Pan, Snow White and the little engine that could. Great Stories that provide a morale compass, but impossible to prove that it actually happened.

Theory is based of some evidence that lead you to a conclusion. A theory can be tested. God cannot. God is no more a theory than Peter Pan, Snow White and the little engine that could. Great Stories that provide a morale compass, but impossible to prove that it actually happened.

Can't prove that it didn't either.

You want evidence, how about the fact that you're alive? How about the fact the life exists in any form, if anybody wants to theorize that God created life who are you to say that isn't true? Got any proof to backup your claim? No, you don't.

the·o·ry noun \ˈthē-ə-rē, ˈthir-ē\
plural the·o·ries
Definition of THEORY
1: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
2: abstract thought : speculation
3: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>
4a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn> b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory <in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>
5: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>
6a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b : an unproved assumption : conjecture c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>

Once again, the correct answer is yes.

You're welcome.

Just because you believe you are talking to god doesnt make it fact

Ok, think of it this way. It be like me telling you your relationship with your parents, siblings, spouse, children, family or friends is all just a theory.

you know that's nonsense, right?

it reminds me of the things people say when they're high... like wow, man, what if we're not really here....

:cuckoo:

God requires faith which means hard facts inhibit a faith. It is by design.

You guys on the other hand, are a theory. I have not touched or seen any of you in verifiable form. Some of you are nearly impossible to believe could survive an average day.

All religion is based on theory. That's called FAITH.... belief without provable fact. I don't think that many people can or will disagree with that. In fact that's what givees religion/spirituality its value; the fact that it cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The problem is that much of what we accept as scientific "fact" is really theory as well. The proponents of Science need to understand that much of what they promote is no more provable beyond a shadow of a doubt than the existance of God, Zeus, Thor, Aphrodite, or any other spiritual, religious, of mythological entity.

makes no diff if god exists or not - we can not do anything for him and he duz not care to do anything for us ---- so what is the point ????

All religion is based on theory. That's called FAITH.... belief without provable fact. I don't think that many people can or will disagree with that. In fact that's what givees religion/spirituality its value; the fact that it cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The problem is that much of what we accept as scientific "fact" is really theory as well. The proponents of Science need to understand that much of what they promote is no more provable beyond a shadow of a doubt than the existance of God, Zeus, Thor, Aphrodite, or any other spiritual, religious, of mythological entity.

So your computer works on the same theory as the BELIEF in Zeus and Thor?
Religion is BELIEF ONLY.
Science is never based on belief. Science is based on the scientific method.

God is a myth.

Sorta like Neptune..without the cool trident.

christus-jesus-christ-mormon.jpg

I lived in Salt Lake City for about 4 months right around the time their leader decided blacks could join the church. They said it was because an angel appeared to him and told him Mormons were wrong about God making black people black because they descended from Cain who killed his brother. Personally, I think that the US government threatening to take away their "tax exempt" status had more to do with it.

But when you want into the "temple", they have this huge statue of Jesus. Now this is how a God should look. Flowing white robes. Looking all powerful. Nothing subservient here. The only thing missing is the "hammer".

Thor.jpg

God is the Not a Theory because Theory is based on assumptions But God is the owner of our lives . Reality is that God is Owner and He has created whole universe which is really . So theory is completely a different thing . We should take care to use the Word "God " because we are all creature of God .We have to go back to God because the life in this world is temporary .

Forum List

Back