Is God a theory?

All religion is based on theory. That's called FAITH.... belief without provable fact. I don't think that many people can or will disagree with that. In fact that's what givees religion/spirituality its value; the fact that it cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The problem is that much of what we accept as scientific "fact" is really theory as well. The proponents of Science need to understand that much of what they promote is no more provable beyond a shadow of a doubt than the existance of God, Zeus, Thor, Aphrodite, or any other spiritual, religious, of mythological entity.

there are theorys based in fact and theorys based in emotion.

God is a theory based in emotion.

evolution is a theory based in fact

Wait until you find out !
IT. Yes, IT, isn't what your masters have been teaching you for all of these thousands of years.
Even all of the various scripts say the truth will set you free.
It's just very hard to find.
One script says: Matthew 7:13,14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

HINT: There isn't a flag waving above the gate.

Wait until you find out !
IT. Yes, IT, isn't what your masters have been teaching you for all of these thousands of years.
Even all of the various scripts say the truth will set you free.
It's just very hard to find.
One script says: Matthew 7:13,14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

HINT: There isn't a flag waving above the gate.

Excellent verse.

Just how narrow is the narrow gate? <-- Bible Questions Answered

First, we need to understand that Jesus is the Door through which all must enter eternal life. There is no other way because He alone is “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6). The way to eternal life is restricted to just one avenue—Christ. In this sense, the way is narrow because it is the only way, and relatively few people will go through the narrow gate. Many more will attempt to find an alternative route to God. They will try to get there through manmade rules and regulations, through false religion, or through self-effort. These who are “many” will follow the broad road that leads to eternal destruction, while the sheep hear the voice of the Good Shepherd and follow Him along the narrow way to eternal life (John 10:7-11).

My relationship with the Lord is not a "theory". Can I prove that to you like you want me to prove it to you? No.

For someone to understand that God is not just a theory, they will have to personally call upon His Name. It is very personal. It is a relationship. It is God Himself Who reveals Himself to someone, because it is so very personal. He is God. He knows everything and His timing is perfect. He knows if our hearts are hardened against Him or not. If someone keeps kicking against Him, He knows they will not receive His Word through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Bible Questions Answered --->
Why does God require faith? Why doesn't God "prove" Himself to us so there is no need for faith?
But this is only possible when the barrier of one's sin has been removed by trusting in Christ's person and work on the cross as payment for one's sin. This is necessary because, as it is impossible for both light and darkness to dwell together, so it is impossible for a holy God to have fellowship with sinful man unless his sin has been paid for and removed. Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God, died on the cross to take our punishment and change us so that the one who believes on Him can become a child of God and live eternally in His presence (John 1:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 2 Peter 3:18; Romans 3:10-26).

If anyone wants to try to find out if God is real or not - just ask Him with sincere heart. Ask Him something along the lines of, " God, are you there? God, why are there so many "religions" in the world?" "Is Jesus Christ the only way?" "Why can't we see You?"
It is HIS WILL that we all know Him (that means believing and trusting in Him). However relationships take two. How can someone believe in Him, when they do not call upon His Name and ask Him?

there are theorys based in fact and theorys based in emotion. God is a theory based in emotion. evolution is a theory based in fact

Either way, until they can be categorically proven or disproven, neither one holds any more weight than the other in my mind. My point was that science deals in THEORY just as much as religion does. They just don't like to admit that.

Just because you believe you are talking to god doesnt make it fact

Just because you don't believe in the Gods doesn't mean they aren't watching everything you do and judging you based on it.

See, two can play that same game and neither one can be proved or disproved any more than the other. So, I've got a brilliant idea....

You keep your science. I'll keep my Faith (which is not Christian btw) and at the end of the world we'll get to see who's right.

there are theorys based in fact and theorys based in emotion.

God is a theory based in emotion.

evolution is a theory based in fact

evolution is not fact.
No matter how you look at it, scales did not evolve into feathers.
You can not form life from nonliving material.
Something living had to form life.
That someintg living, is God.

In the broad idea of word theory, yes.

We are alive and theoretically a god could have created us. Since we can't see god, we can't prove it.

Like the theory of electricity. Most think it's electorns flowing through the wires, some think it's holes flowing. Since we can't see it occuring, we are stuck with it being a theory.

I'd like to think there isn't one. Why? What happens when he gets bored?

I do like to think there's a shitty place evil people go to and a nice place good people go to, though.

"Atheism is about what we can see when dogma and faith are taken out of the equation."

From Stupid Reality blog "Atheism is just another religion." Stupid Atheists! #1 &#8211; Atheism is just another religion « Stupid Reality

For me, God is not a theory its a fantasy. Big wizard in the sky, waving wand creating universe and determining fate. Tough pill for me to swallow.

On the other side, I've always been amused by Kierkegaard's reversal of the burden of proof by simply saying (paraphrasing) "i say there is a God, prove me wrong."

guess i'm fucked up!:cool:

If you define a theory as one or more propositions that explain an occurrence, then God is a theory. Usually at least one fact is needed, which in this case may be the fact that you are alive. You might then propose that a God or Gods gave you life, and so therefore God exists. That is a theory.

The real question is whether or not the theory is true. Gonna have to make your own call on that one.

Forum List

Back