Is Global warming a Hoax?

you can infer all you like and so can the rest of the deniers and while you do I am still going to side with what the majority of the worlds scientists are in agreement with.... that man-made climate change is a reality.

Last edited:
Is the 2 to 5% of the total CO2 man puts into the atmosphere each year compiled onto itself? Like that's how we got to 380 ppm or 400 instead of pre-man 200 or whatever?

Code1211 -

You quote some hard facts there. In particular, you mention 7000 ppm. Would you mind providing a reference to where that data comes from?

Code1211 -

You quote some hard facts there. In particular, you mention 7000 ppm. Would you mind providing a reference to where that data comes from?

Sure. It was about 500 million years ago. With that much CO2 in the "air" such as the air was at the time, something happened to change the "air" into what we now breathe. That something was plants.

If the rocks that were emitting the CO2 at the time had our sensibilities, they'd have been rolling around trying to kill the plants that were belching O into the air without the C attached to it.

Please use the link to see a dandy graph. The verbiage is a little dry.

File:phanerozoic Carbon Dioxide.png - Global Warming Art

Description
This figures shows estimates of the changes in carbon dioxide concentrations during the Phanerozoic. Three estimates are based on geochemical modeling: GEOCARB III (Berner and Kothavala 2001), COPSE (Bergmann et al. 2004) and Rothman (2001). These are compared to the carbon dioxide measurement database of Royer et al. (2004) and a 30 Myr filtered average of those data. Error envelopes are shown when they were available. The right hand scale shows the ratio of these measurements to the estimated average for the last several million years (the Quaternary). Customary labels for the periods of geologic time appear at the bottom.

Direct determination of past carbon dioxide levels relies primarily on the interpretation of carbon isotopic ratios in fossilized soils (paleosols) or the shells of phytoplankton and through interpretation of stomatal density in fossil plants. Each of these is subject to substantial systematic uncertainty.

Estimates of carbon dioxide changes through geochemical modeling instead rely on quantifying the geological sources and sinks for carbon dioxide over long time scales particularly: volcanic inputs, erosion and carbonate deposition. As such, these models are largely independent of direct measurements of carbon dioxide.

Both measurements and models show considerable uncertainty and variation; however, all point to carbon dioxide levels in the past that have been significantly higher than they are at present.

Is the 2 to 5% of the total CO2 man puts into the atmosphere each year compiled onto itself? Like that's how we got to 380 ppm or 400 instead of pre-man 200 or whatever?

I think pre-industrial CO2 was around 250-280. Rocks? Chris?

I have read that CO2 can be sourced to its origins. I am so far from being a chemist that I start to lose consciousness when I read beyond the first pargraph of a scientists paper. It literally takes me days to read a single page. It gets tedious for me to get too in depth on that.

There is a wealth of information graphed at Global Warming Art . com.

With that said, though, The Earth goes though annual seasons and much longer cycles of climate variation. When the planet has warmed in the past, all manner of life from insects and plants to sloths and men have ranged into areas that have suddenly become warmer.

When they go there, since they are made out of carbon, they leave the physical parts of themselves where they fall. If the area stays warm, we and the rest become fertilizer and plants grow and feed animals and bugs. If it returns to being cold, what would have been fertilizer freezes and is "sequestered" until warming occurs.

Warming thaws the sequestered carbon and it joins with Oxygen and becomes CO2. During the summer right now, the thawing Siberian peat bogs emit more CO2 than the combined industry of the USA. This sounds incredible, but all of mankind working together can only muster around 3% of the total emitted. Peat bogs don't have smoke stacks, so they don't photograph as well. No sizzle.

Since Ice Ages began to cycle about 5 or 6 hundred thousand years ago, Warming has always caused the emission of greater amounts CO2 from its sequestered locations. The reverse effect has NEVER occurred, although, including what's happening today, scientists believe that there have been 3 instances in all of the 4 billion years of the planet's history during which CO2 rose before temperatures rose.

Some will point to these 3 instances and call it proof. I can't see it, but I could be wrong. As I said above, I am not a scientist. However, when every example across 4 billion years points to one conclusion and only 3 point to a different conclusion, I'll go with the every time conclusion.

This got to be too long. Sorry.

The emails were stolen.

The investigation has just begun.

In the end I think you will see some people go to jail for stealing private information and the data will hold firm.

Yes, stealing emails is a major crime....but not when it's Sarah Palin's emails.

We've got to forget about that little issue about a hoax that's being used to steal trillions from consumers around the world.

That's a none issue.

I think pre-industrial CO2 was around 250-280. Rocks? Chris?

I have read that CO2 can be sourced to its origins. I am so far from being a chemist that I start to lose consciousness when I read beyond the first pargraph of a scientists paper. It literally takes me days to read a single page. It gets tedious for me to get too in depth on that.

There is a wealth of information graphed at Global Warming Art . com.

With that said, though, The Earth goes though annual seasons and much longer cycles of climate variation. When the planet has warmed in the past, all manner of life from insects and plants to sloths and men have ranged into areas that have suddenly become warmer.

When they go there, since they are made out of carbon, they leave the physical parts of themselves where they fall. If the area stays warm, we and the rest become fertilizer and plants grow and feed animals and bugs. If it returns to being cold, what would have been fertilizer freezes and is "sequestered" until warming occurs.

Warming thaws the sequestered carbon and it joins with Oxygen and becomes CO2. During the summer right now, the thawing Siberian peat bogs emit more CO2 than the combined industry of the USA. This sounds incredible, but all of mankind working together can only muster around 3% of the total emitted. Peat bogs don't have smoke stacks, so they don't photograph as well. No sizzle.

Since Ice Ages began to cycle about 5 or 6 hundred thousand years ago, Warming has always caused the emission of greater amounts CO2 from its sequestered locations. The reverse effect has NEVER occurred, although, including what's happening today, scientists believe that there have been 3 instances in all of the 4 billion years of the planet's history during which CO2 rose before temperatures rose.

Some will point to these 3 instances and call it proof. I can't see it, but I could be wrong. As I said above, I am not a scientist. However, when every example across 4 billion years points to one conclusion and only 3 point to a different conclusion, I'll go with the every time conclusion.

This got to be too long. Sorry.

Nice job!

of course there is a mass conspiracy among the vast majority of the worlds scientists to deceive the public at large...... and the proof of this is the implications of less than 15 people?
It is a religion and a business.

goremons_530.jpg
Oh wow... that's nutty scary good work! Hell of a piece of art.

Is the 2 to 5% of the total CO2 man puts into the atmosphere each year compiled onto itself? Like that's how we got to 380 ppm or 400 instead of pre-man 200 or whatever?[/QUO

The amount of CO2 beiong emitted has obviously increased. The contribution by man over the very recent months has actually decreased vs. the contribution by man over the period immediately preceeding today. This is the result of the world wide economic slow down.

Mauna Loa monitoring statinon has shown a pretty consistant rise in the amount of CO2.

So, despite the consistantly continuing rise in CO2 coupled with the fairly sudden drop in Anthropogenic CO2 over the last 12 to 18 months, the temperature has plateuaed starting in about 2001.

It would seem to me that a scientist who is looking for a laboratory like experiment on CO2 in the air might use this as a way to peg tyhe actual effect of Anthropogenic CO2 on climate as it is reducing right now. Of course, the overall total has continued to increase right up until this last month, so that might not fit into the paradigm.

If something is happening and does not fit the paradigm, should the paradigm be questioned or should reality be ignored?

Ah! That is the question for the scientist of today.

Global Warming is real.

The questions are, however, what are the effects and what we should do about them? It may be that the effects are small and we should not do much. I doubt that it will End Mankind As We Know It that some of the more fervent believers purport.

Global Warming is real.

The questions are, however, what are the effects and what we should do about them? It may be that the effects are small and we should not do much. I doubt that it will End Mankind As We Know It that some of the more fervent believers purport.

Close, but no cigar.

Anthropogenic Global warming is bullshit. The earth’s temperature peaked in 1998. It’s been falling ever since; it dropped dramatically in 2007 and got worse in 2008, when temperatures touched 1980 levels.

The AGW mantra is that atmospheric CO2 levels are escalating and this is unquestionably causing earth's temperature rise. But ask yourself -- if global temperatures are experiencing the biggest sustained drop in decades, while CO2 levels continue to rise -- how can it be true? I'll help you out----It can't.

Global CLIMATE CHANGE is real though. The Earth's Climate has been changing for all of history. Maybe that bright yellow ball in the sky has something to do with the earth’s temperature?

PS - climate alarmist take note - turns out that China and India aren’t coming to Copenhagen.

Global Warming is real.

Close, but no cigar.

Anthropogenic Global warming is bullshit. The earth’s temperature peaked in 1998. It’s been falling ever since; it dropped dramatically in 2007 and got worse in 2008, when temperatures touched 1980 levels.

The AGW mantra is that atmospheric CO2 levels are escalating and this is unquestionably causing earth's temperature rise. But ask yourself -- if global temperatures are experiencing the biggest sustained drop in decades, while CO2 levels continue to rise -- how can it be true? I'll help you out----It can't.

Global CLIMATE CHANGE is real though. The Earth's Climate has been changing for all of history. Maybe that bright yellow ball in the sky has something to do with the earth’s temperature?

PS - climate alarmist take note - turns out that China and India aren’t coming to Copenhagen.
according to solar scientists who are watching the sun, sunspot activity (a sign of energy output) has been so inactive as to mirror what happened before the little ice age snap we experienced in the mid-late 1800's. There is legitimate concern we will possibly relive that kind of weather again for possibly the rest of our lifetimes if the cycle holds. This means colder, longer winters, and cooler summers. The change won't be great, in scale, but may become the normal state for the forseeable future till the sunspot activity picks up again. When this will happen, I don't know... but we will just have to adapt and learn to live with it.

Global Warming is real.

If you notice....they don't say Global Warming anymore...and they especially shy away from openly saying it's man-made.

They call it climate change now.

It's a natural cycle we are in of changing weather patterns according to our relation to the Sun. They had to fudge the numbers just to make it look like man had something to do with it. Any effect that we have on the weather is not measurable....because of too many other factors that are involved.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back