Is Glenn Beck Really A Christian?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
I've heard before that Mormons put their so-called prophet Joseph Smith's words and claims over the bible, that in itself is anti-Christian, and its been documented in legal papers via cases against him that Smith was a notorious story-teller and fraud. Here are some of the things Smith and his followers, today's Mormons believe in and/or subscribe to...

Christians do NOT believe in baptizing the dead......however, it appears that Glenn Beck, via his Mormon faith, believes in baptism of the dead....Glenn Beck and the Mormons claims that Jesus and Satan were brothers and had a meeting on another planet and there they fell out because Satan wanted to be ruler of earth before creating humans instead of his brother Jesus so was banished here to earth because of that. As a result the angels that were neutral became dark skinned and thus the Negro race was created...amongst a litany of other beliefs these people hold and claim as Gospel Truth. Christians believe NONE of these things. None of them are biblical.

How the heck can Beck claim he's a Christian and how the heck can people take him at his word that he's a Christian?

What has Beck done or what does he do that identifies Glenn Beck as a Christian?

....anyone?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1jVO3-OE]YouTube - Banned Mormon Cartoon[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKqqGX0DEMM[/ame]

Last edited:
I've heard before that Mormons put their so-called prophet Joseph Smith's words and claims over the bible, that in itself is anti-Christian, and its been documented in legal papers via cases against him that Smith was a notorious story-teller and fraud. Here are some of the things Smith and his followers, today's Mormons believe in and/or subscribe to...

Christians do NOT believe in baptizing the dead......however, it appears that Glenn Beck, via his Mormon faith, believes in baptism of the dead....Glenn Beck and the Mormons claims that Jesus and Satan were brothers and had a meeting on another planet and there they fell out because Satan wanted to be ruler of earth before creating humans instead of his brother Jesus so was banished here to earth because of that. As a result the angels that were neutral became dark skinned and thus the Negro race was created...amongst a litany of other beliefs these people hold and claim as Gospel Truth. Christians believe NONE of these things. None of them are biblical.

How the heck can Beck claim he's a Christian and how the heck can people take him at his word that he's a Christian?

What has Beck done or what does he do that identifies Glenn Beck as a Christian?

....anyone?
Becks' exploitation of Christianity is purely political. He knows the Christian Right is a reliable base for his brand of "Chicken Little" punditry. He knows, as did Chevrolet, that when you wrap your message, any message, in familiar, stable terms like "country" "God" "honor" and "faith" that message can then be not only tolerated by but accepted by the majority of Americans.

Now, I'm not saying that a majority of Americans have accepted Mr. Beck's message. But he's marketing that message to the broader audience. And, he's using Christianity as the sales pitch.

....anyone?

YouTube - Banned Mormon Cartoon

YouTube - Bill Maher exposes Mormon religion

One of the most humorous things I have seen is how the right is trying to talk up how many people beck got to come there for his sermon which ranges from 150,000 to 500,000. Which on the high and low estimates is less than both "The Million Man March" (400,000 to 837,000) and and "The March for Women's Lives" (800,000 to 1.15 million). Both of these events had far more people than were at beck's sermon but the right tried to attack both of them arguing that they had such an insignificant showing. LOL

oh and as for beck himself, he is nothing btu a dishoenst selfcontradictory hack. At one point he argued that "we need to learn from our mistakes" and at another part he argued that we don't need to look back to where we were or to where we are but that we need to look at where we are going. So if you don't look back and only look forward then how are you going to learn from your mistakes?? LOL

Ní dhéanfaidh ach Dia breithiúnas orm.... Only God shall Judge Me. The left really should learn this expression.

....keep attempting to discredit the messenger because you can't discredit the message. :)

Ní dhéanfaidh ach Dia breithiúnas orm.... Only God shall Judge Me. The left really should learn this expression.

Oh...the irony!! ROTFLMBAO!!!

49izadw.gif

right. The Left, and only the Left needs to be concerned about misunderstanding God's judgment. At least those big hearted Conservatives who consistently cherry pick scripture just to validate their own ignorance of Christian hope, love and charity have it correct. The Right is infallible whenever they invoke God as their political aegis.

Based on how you judge people quite often on this board maybe you should take your own advice and learn that expression and practice what you preach??

Clearly you struggle with the difference between judging a person and stating an opinion based on evidence. Because you don't understand the difference, in my opinion, you're an idiot. I arrive at that conclusion by the evidence provided by you. I don't judge you, I just comment on your stupidity. See the difference?

Based on how you judge people quite often on this board maybe you should take your own advice and learn that expression and practice what you preach??

Clearly you struggle with the difference between judging a person and stating an opinion based on evidence. Because you don't understand the difference, in my opinion, you're an idiot. I arrive at that conclusion by the evidence provided by you. I don't judge you, I just comment on your stupidity. See the difference?

Idiota!

49izadw.gif

Preachers judge others all the time.
So does beck.

Only a fool does not judge others.
Do you hang out with lowlife criminal scum or did you judge them to be unworthy of your company?

Forum List

Back