Is GITMO Being Emptied Under Our Noses?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
An unidentified White House official said "the prior administration had a policy that the detainees that are currently being released were a threat.

This administration is willing to take a higher level of risk."

Slowly but surely numerous detainees are going back to their home countries.

Is Obama attempting to empty GITMO while everyone is paying attention to health care?

I've looked all over the net and can't find one recent story on who has been released even though some of the guys I know that are in the military say that close to 70 of them have been released in the last month.

One of the sticking points was assurances from their home country that they would be treated humainly. The biggest problem wasn't that they would go back to killing Americans but that they wouldn't be tortured and killed once they got back home.

I've looked all over the net and can't find one recent story on who has been released even though some of the guys I know that are in the military say that close to 70 of them have been released in the last month.

One of the sticking points was assurances from their home country that they would be treated humainly. The biggest problem wasn't that they would go back to killing Americans but that they wouldn't be tortured and killed once they got back home.

Oh yes. We must get our priorities in order doncha know. Its okay to kill Americans agaiin but lets make sure the home countries don't torture these dirtbags. Jeeze.

I wonder how many will end up in Gitmo North???

Ol"BO is nuts. Gitmo was the perfect place for these dirtbags and he is closing it just so he can make good on at least one of his campaign promises. The no more lobbyists, no more earmarks and open and transparant Govt promises seem to pale beside the all important closing of Gitmo. Gotta love it

Oh yes. We must get our priorities in order doncha know. Its okay to kill Americans agaiin but lets make sure the home countries don't torture these dirtbags. Jeeze.

I wonder how many will end up in Gitmo North???

Ol"BO is nuts. Gitmo was the perfect place for these dirtbags and he is closing it just so he can make good on at least one of his campaign promises. The no more lobbyists, no more earmarks and open and transparant Govt promises seem to pale beside the all important closing of Gitmo. Gotta love it

How can you have a show trial meant to embarass the Bush Administration if you can't get the press in to report it?

An unidentified White House official said "the prior administration had a policy that the detainees that are currently being released were a threat.

Is Obama attempting to empty GITMO while everyone is paying attention to health care?

It will be interesting how this philosophy applies to health care.

wouldn't put it past him.

What makes you think stuff like that needs to be public information? Some things are highly classified and need to stay that way.

The detainees are not patriots who want smaller government , lower taxes and secure borders, they are not a threat o the administration .They should be released to make room for the real threats.

What makes you think stuff like that needs to be public information? Some things are highly classified and need to stay that way.

What happens to GITMO detainees is not classified.

Looks like Barry's promise for closing Gitmo in January 2010 won't be happening....

Exactly correct!!!!
From the International Herald Tribune dated Thursday Dec 24th 2009..
Efforts to replace Guantanamo falter. With Obama unable to secure funds, closure unlikely until AT LEAST 2011.....
found this related article by Savage in the NYT on line...different headline so no one caught it...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/23/us/politics/23gitmo.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=charles%20savage&st=cse

Looks like Barry's promise for closing Gitmo in January 2010 won't be happening....

Exactly correct!!!!
Efforts to replace Guantanamo falter. With Obama unable to secure funds, closure unlikely until AT LEAST 2011.....
found this related article by Savage in the NYT on line...different headline so no one caught it...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/23/us/politics/23gitmo.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=charles%20savage&st=cse

OMG, they are in a place that has all the fucking security needed . . . but Barry has to waste more money with this shit? $150 million? They are exactly where they should and need to be.

Exactly correct!!!!

OMG, they are in a place that has all the fucking security needed . . . but Barry has to waste more money with this shit? $150 million? They are exactly where they should and need to be.

Too bad for him.

The Dems and their media lackeys made GITMO an issue and mutilated what it was and how it was run in the eyes of the world.....so now their short-sighted political ambitions have caused them to have to shut it down.

It's a state of the art prison that we've already spend millions to build and now Obama has to close the place down and build another one elsewhere and he wants it in his home state. Imagine the howls of protest if Bush had done the same exact thing...closing GITMO down after building another GITMO in Texas.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back