is Georgia killing an innocent man?

I find it just a bit amazing that so many are willing to doubt the decision that was made by numerous different courts after they viewed the evidence. Cecilie's link stated that what many believe recant defines isn't so, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are "taking back" their testimony. It would appear that it merely meant that their was a technicality involved in the difference of the testimony......... typical bullshit lawyering on the part of this low life's attorneys.
Fuck that shit head, he was too much of a pussy to admit what he did in the end and apologize to Officer MacPhail's wife, son and daughter and Mother....... not that an apology from a low life would mean anything but still....... what a dick to the end.

Well he couldn't apologize directly to MacPhail's mother, she wasn't there.........

Troy Davis Story: Slain Officer's Mother Offers Unique Insight Into Execution, Christian News

Two good executions in one day, one the left is up in arms about, the other, you don't hear a peep about.... :eusa_whistle:

The Texas execution was of the man that committed the murder the NAACP went nuts about when GWB was in office, dragging the guy to his death behind the pick up truck attached with a chain etc. etc. Bush gone, NAACP quiet, kinda funny, huh. Sorta like the remark made by the CBC telling America that if Barack Obama weren't in the WhiteHouse they'd all be rioting in the streets. You're either with us or against us. Guess the CBC is against America. Yeah we know all about Jeremiah Wright "Its not God bless America! Its God d@mn America!"

(1) Officer McPhail managed to call in and inform the desk he had passed the first perp and was in pursuit of the second, Davis.
(2) The gun used to shoot McPhail was Davis by his admission. The gun had been used in another shooting
(3) There were three Air Force enlisted men waiting in a nearby bus that witnessed Davis shooting McPhail. None recanted their testimony.
(4) They recovered the shorts Davis was wearing the night of the shooting covered with McPhail's blood. Blood splatters when shot at close range. Evidence disallowed

A pit bull that dares to attack a human has his genetic information ruthlessly scrubbed out of the gene pool. Same with Davis.

But here are some additional facts — if we’re going to deal with things that weren’t in contention twenty years ago.

The federal courts and state courts in Georgia have all denied Davis’s appeal. Prior to 2008, Georgia’s Supreme Court was decidedly liberal and even they passed.

For the first time in 50 years the United States Supreme Court ordered a federal court to conduct an entire rehearing of all the evidence. The court did and found all the new stuff was, again, “smoke and mirrors,” including the retracted confessions. And while building the case to claim that Sylvester Coles was the real murderer, the defense would not call Coles in for examination.

But then there is Officer MacPhail himself and what the defense all too conveniently forgets to bring up. Officer MacPhail “testified” at Troy Davis’s murder trial. See, MacPhail, an Army Ranger and police officer was working a second job that night as a security guard. He chased Davis and Sylvester Coles, who were assaulting a homeless man over a beer.

MacPhail reported in that he had run passed Sylvester Coles. MacPhail was shot from the front in the chest and face — not from behind where Coles was, but from the front where MacPhail himself located Troy Davis.

And then, if we really want to get into the weeds and talk about facts, consider this fact. Troy Davis immediately became the suspect and fled. Police roped off his house, obtained entry, and searched the home. In the laundry they found Troy Davis’s shorts from that night with evidence on the clothing directly tying him to Officer MacPhail’s murder — Officer MacPhail’s blood.

There Is No Travesty of Justice in Georgia. Execute Troy Davis | RedState

Two good executions in one day, one the left is up in arms about, the other, you don't hear a peep about.... :eusa_whistle:

Do you really believe those 2 words belong together??
Is any execution....really...GOOD??
What the fuck is so good about killing somebody??

(2) The gun used to shoot McPhail was Davis by his admission. The gun had been used in another shooting

I'm going to need to see a link on that. I've never seen any evidence that Davis even admitted to owning a gun, never mind the gun that was used to shoot Officer McPhail.

(4) They recovered the shorts Davis was wearing the night of the shooting covered with McPhail's blood. Blood splatters when shot at close range. Evidence disallowed

From what I understand, the blood had decade too much to do a DNA test. You're right about it being disallowed, though.

Oh, the anti-death penalty twerps are just as outraged by the other one. They just know they aren't going to get any publicity traction out of it.

What the fuck is so good about letting a rabid, murdering animal live? Whoever told you that death was necessarily a bad thing?

I'm going to need to see a link on that. I've never seen any evidence that Davis even admitted to owning a gun, never mind the gun that was used to shoot Officer McPhail.

From what I understand, the blood had decade too much to do a DNA test. You're right about it being disallowed, though.

There's more to blood splatter evidence than just DNA. For one thing, it splatters very differently when you hit someone than when you shoot him, and very differently when you shoot a man standing in front of you than when you shoot him lying on the ground, as Officer McPhail was shot. The splatter on Davis' clothes was correct for shooting someone on the ground.

And by the way, what other plausible reason was given for there being blood splattered on his clothes? Oh, right, there wasn't one.

I can't say for sure if the man was innocent or not but when 7 out of the 9 witnesses recant their stories, something is wrong there. I don't think he should have been killed.

Personally I think the seven who gave "sworn under oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth" testimony and then recanted should be in prison for perjury. All this fucking lying under oath may have cost a man his life and they should be held accountable. I'm sick of this shit.

There should be a stop law put in place for situations like this one. When the only evidence is eyewitness testimony the death penalty should not be an option. We have life in prison without the possibility of parole. This should be the max sentence allowed without more compelling evidence than someone saw you do it.

Amen...I agree 100% and furthermore, there should be a requirement of DNA evidence to convict a person and provide them with the death penalty. One such conviction was Scott Peterson. I don't know if he did it or not..there was no DNA evidence that he did it....he should have been given life, not the death penalty.

What the fuck is so good about letting a rabid, murdering animal live? Whoever told you that death was necessarily a bad thing?

Look at my siggy, and then you should know the answer to the question in red. I have nothing against death.
But I am not 100% for the death penalty. If a person is put down, I hope to hell they are indeed 100% guilty and have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be 100% guilty, because the thoughts of giving someone a lethal injection, and then later finding out they were innocent, makes me sick too~
If a murderer lives the rest of his/her life behind bars, with no chances of freedom, ever---I can live with that, moreso than I could, knowing they were put to death.
But then, I know there are extreme cases where even I have a thought that maybe so&so deserved to die...I have issues with the death penalty but that's just me and my humble opinion.

Forum List

Back