Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

All you incest fans need to get adult incest decriminalized first. Small steps. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Yeah, that one has an icky factor of 22, on a the same scale that has gay sex at 6, and elderly sex at 8. That will take some doing.

Not when you guys provided all the ammunition needed, by the way, you do realize that sex is not a requirement for a marriage license. Right? You knew that, Right?

You both are so old fashioned.

Marriage today is simply a financial arrangement.

You traditionalists crack me up.
How many times do I have to say Any Two Adults? Your dog doesn't hunt, move along.

When incest becomes legal, then you can argue for marriage equality, not before.

PMH thinks only his/it's opinion matters!

Bigot much.
My opinion is the same as the courts. Yours is the same as Chicken Little so yeah, mine is more important in this case.

Nope...nor blacks not being property or women having the right to vote...but they planned for possibilities.

Then you look pretty stupid citing the Founding Fathers as support for gay marriage.

Not at all.

"As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." ~ Thomas Jefferson

I somehow don't think TJ was aware the the Supreme Court would actually consider rendering a ruling that opened the door to same sex sibling marriage.

You?

You mean when they ruled on Loving in the 60s?

"I somehow don't think" is the most honest post ever by POP23.

And not including the entire sentence makes you what?

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy

Bullshit. Apparently, I know a helluva lot more about our legal system than you do. Anyone can make any argument, that does not mean the court will hear or agree with their argument.

Reasons for approving gay marriage:
equality
freedom to marry who you love
fairness
discrimination

those exact same arguments can, and will, be made for all forms of marriage, using gay marriage as a valid binding legal precedent.

I don't care if you agree, it is already in the works.
Time will prove me right, and you wrong
Watch.
With plural marriages, yes. That argument can be used.
However, with incest and sex with children harm is done to the children, thus the argument does not hold any weight.

Incestuous marriages don't involve children. All participants are adults. How are you going to object to that?
WOW yeah cause incest is best and children are never involved. WOW

The queers claim marriage has nothing to do with children.
No dumb ass they are claiming the having children is not a REQUIREMENT OF MARRIAGE. Can you or can you fucking not understand the difference between a REQUIREMENT TO HAVE CHILDREN IF YOU GET MARRIED, and INCEST?

All you incest fans need to get adult incest decriminalized first. Small steps. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Yeah, that one has an icky factor of 22, on a the same scale that has gay sex at 6, and elderly sex at 8. That will take some doing.

Not when you guys provided all the ammunition needed, by the way, you do realize that sex is not a requirement for a marriage license. Right? You knew that, Right?

How many times do I have to say Any Two Adults? Your dog doesn't hunt, move along.

When incest becomes legal, then you can argue for marriage equality, not before.

Bigot much.
My opinion is the same as the courts. Yours is the same as Chicken Little so yeah, mine is more important in this case.

Says Dr. Demento^^^^

Same sex sibling marriage utilizes the exact same arguments presented in the SSM case.

Now tell me it can't become law.

Again with your obsession with incest. If you want to wax eloquent on all your thoughts on sibling sex......feel free to start a thread on the topic. This one is about same sex marriage.

It shows they really do not have any valid reasons (save its icky) to deny gays access to marriage. It is why they have to change the topic to incest, polygamy, PA laws, marrying children and/or animals.

Wrong. It shows why all the arguments in support of gay marriage are absurd. Those arguments also justify incest and polygamy.
Incest but not polygamy. Marriage is still two adults here, so far. But hey, let's be Biblical and then you can marry a flock and have another on the side. Good times...

Who says marriage is between two adults? The GAYstapo just makes stuff up.
You think children get married? WTF kind of drugs are you on?

Reasons for approving gay marriage:
equality
freedom to marry who you love
fairness
discrimination

those exact same arguments can, and will, be made for all forms of marriage, using gay marriage as a valid binding legal precedent.

I don't care if you agree, it is already in the works.
Time will prove me right, and you wrong
Watch.
However, with incest and sex with children harm is done to the children, thus the argument does not hold any weight.

Incestuous marriages don't involve children. All participants are adults. How are you going to object to that?

No dumb ass they are claiming the having children is not a REQUIREMENT OF MARRIAGE. Can you or can you fucking not understand the difference between a REQUIREMENT TO HAVE CHILDREN IF YOU GET MARRIED, and INCEST?

What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know?

And it doesn't.

Then why should incest be an issue for marriage?
Because the law has stated that incest is illegal. Just as the law used to say gay sex is illegal. Just as the law currently says murder is illegal. INCEST IS ILLEGAL Get over it. If you want to make INCEST legal start your fight to make it legal, and get the fuck off gays accusing them of promoting incest. It's a dumb ass argument.

Bigot much.

Says Dr. Demento^^^^
Tell that to the courts, who know you are full of shit.

You're the dumbest human to ever walk the planet. Have an adult explain the word REQUIREMENT to you.

You idiot, I am opposed to those things, but I understand that you revert to insults when you have lost the debate to a logical, reasoned, intelligent response.

I am not going to go back and forth with you on this. Time will prove me right.
No, time won't prove that being gay is the same as raping a child.

no one ever said it would. parent/child marriage when both are over the age of majority is not rape, but it could become legal if gay marriage becomes legal.

deny it all you want, but we are on a legal slippery slope.

They always bring up that straw man because they have no valid arguments against it. If you look at all the arguments supporting gay marriage, they are all based on one logical fallacy or another.

there is no logical fallacy in supporting equal rights and if there is it is lodged in your tiny little retarded brain. Only those who claim liberty as their cause take away the rights of others - to marry, to form unions, to vote.

Have you or any other member of the Crazy Right Wing rewritten the DoI, and eliminated this phrase:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

You realize you just made another argument for same sex sibling marriage, right? You're not stoopid enough to think you didn't.

Well, stranger things have occurred, but I'll let the Supreme Court decide if the specific scenario you posted ever comes to their plate. As it stands, two brothers or two sisters have every right to sign a contract, and as consenting adults engage in sexual activity; thus, this entire silly debate is all about a word: Marriage.

[Obviously there are medial reasons not to allow a brother and sister, or members of the opposite gender within consanguinity marry; most states outlaw it.]

This is one more faux crisis created by the Crazy Right Wing and stoopid people which exemplifies the abject dishonesty inherent in self described conservatives. The GOP tent, now owned by the far right isn't very big and Libertarians aren't so much in support of liberty for those who aren't white, male, Christian and extremists.

You're the dumbest human to ever walk the planet. Have an adult explain the word REQUIREMENT to you.

laughing my ass off

no one ever said it would. parent/child marriage when both are over the age of majority is not rape, but it could become legal if gay marriage becomes legal.

deny it all you want, but we are on a legal slippery slope.

They always bring up that straw man because they have no valid arguments against it. If you look at all the arguments supporting gay marriage, they are all based on one logical fallacy or another.

there is no logical fallacy in supporting equal rights and if there is it is lodged in your tiny little retarded brain. Only those who claim liberty as their cause take away the rights of others - to marry, to form unions, to vote.

Have you or any other member of the Crazy Right Wing rewritten the DoI, and eliminated this phrase:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

You realize you just made another argument for same sex sibling marriage, right? You're not stoopid enough to think you didn't.

Well, stranger things have occurred, but I'll let the Supreme Court decide if the specific scenario you posted ever comes to their plate. As it stands, two brothers or two sisters have every right to sign a contract, and as consenting adults engage in sexual activity; thus, this entire silly debate is all about a word: Marriage.

[Obviously there are medial reasons not to allow a brother and sister, or members of the opposite gender within consanguinity marry; most states outlaw it.]

This is one more faux crisis created by the Crazy Right Wing and stoopid people which exemplifies the abject dishonesty inherent in self described conservatives. The GOP tent, now owned by the far right isn't very big and Libertarians aren't so much in support of liberty for those who aren't white, male, Christian and extremists.

Oh my god!

You just made a case for........

SEPERATE BUT EQUAL!

And it doesn't.

It isn't as far as I'm concerned, any two adults can marry. I suspect society will take an alternate view as it already does, of incestuous sexual relations.

ROFL! Im other words, you don't really believe your own arguments. Otherwise you would be defending incestuous marriages.
OMFG you're an idiot.

Odd isn't it that people claiming to be filled with moral sanctity are arguing for incest, plural marriages, and sex with children if consenting adults of the same sex are allowed to marry. Really odd.

You idiot, I am opposed to those things, but I understand that you revert to insults when you have lost the debate to a logical, reasoned, intelligent response.

No one is talking about raping a child, moron.
Incorrect. Pop is talking about pedophilia.. marrying pre-pubescent children etc.

You must be of legal age to marry.

I sure hope you ain't a chick, youre far to easy.
Make up your mind dumb ass. You fucking argued that letting gays get married is the same as letting old men like you marry little children.

Since marriage is the result of law, they are all my business, you fucking Nazi moron. Only a fascist would tell me the law is none of my business. I can't imagine a statement that is more blatantly fascist.
Liberal Elitist, like the Founders of this nation, actually.

The Founding Fathers believed queers could marry?
The founding fathers believed slaves should never be allowed to vote?

And it doesn't.

It isn't as far as I'm concerned, any two adults can marry. I suspect society will take an alternate view as it already does, of incestuous sexual relations.

ROFL! Im other words, you don't really believe your own arguments. Otherwise you would be defending incestuous marriages.
OMFG you're an idiot.

Dude, he's trolling. He knows he's lost the gay marriage debate....which is why he won't discuss it.

They've already conceded the argument.

And it doesn't.

Because the law has stated that incest is illegal. Just as the law used to say gay sex is illegal. Just as the law currently says murder is illegal. INCEST IS ILLEGAL Get over it. If you want to make INCEST legal start your fight to make it legal, and get the fuck off gays accusing them of promoting incest. It's a dumb ass argument.

You do realize that the law prohibiting incestuous marriage were the result of marriage being between members of opposing sexes only. You knew that right?

Now, after the federal laws are forced upon the population, the laws prohibiting same sex sibling marriage are no longer applicable. They become just another "tradition" your side threw away.

You realize that, Right.

What legal argument is there to stop teo members of the same sex, even closely related, from the rights and benefits of marriage?

Let's see if you have guts enough to answer, or will you join Seawytch and Skylar in there bigoted avoidance of the question.

And it doesn't.

OMFG you're an idiot.

Dude, he's trolling. He knows he's lost the gay marriage debate....which is why he won't discuss it.

Says the bigot

OMFG you're an idiot.

Says the bigot

I'm the one advocating gay marriage. You're the one arguing against it.

You can't get around that.

No one is talking about raping a child, moron.
Incorrect. Pop is talking about pedophilia.. marrying pre-pubescent children etc.

You must be of legal age to marry.

I sure hope you ain't a chick, youre far to easy.
Make up your mind dumb ass. You fucking argued that letting gays get married is the same as letting old men like you marry little children.

Quote where I said that!

Forum List

Back