Is Friday the 13th unlucky for you?

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
In my family it has been a horrendous date.

My father, Raymond Neubarth, a 73 year old doctor was robbed for his billfold outside of his house in Escondido, California. The three young men who robbed him hit him over the head with a construction rod and crushed in his skull in three places. It was Friday the 13th. He subsequently died from the injuries.

His brother, Air Force Major Paul Neubarth volunteered to be a copilot in a hospital mercy flight leaving the Pusan perimiter in Korea during that war. The plane was fired upon after takeoff, was hit but managed to make it across the Sea of Japan before crashlanding in Japan. Everybody was killed. The date was Friday the 13th.

The father of both men also named Paul Neubarth, was seriously injured in an automobile accident on Friday the 13th. He died a few months later.

His father, Berthold Neubarth, a naturalist who was famous in his era died in 1911 of a shark bite while collecting sea specimins for the Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The date of injury was Friday the 13th.

I am a man of religious faith and supposedly should not fear a date, but I am reluctant to venture into unknown things on that date. Am I superstitious or am I just desirious of not continuing a string of bad luck? Tell me what you think. I am open to suggestions.

13 has always been my lucky number. I think if you expect something bad to happen, you might subconciously have a hand in making sure something bad happens.

My father, Raymond Neubarth, a 73 year old doctor was robbed for his billfold outside of his house in Escondido, California. The three young men who robbed him hit him over the head with a construction rod and crushed in his skull in three places. It was Friday the 13th. He subsequently died from the injuries.

His brother, Air Force Major Paul Neubarth volunteered to be a copilot in a hospital mercy flight leaving the Pusan perimiter in Korea during that war. The plane was fired upon after takeoff, was hit but managed to make it across the Sea of Japan before crashlanding in Japan. Everybody was killed. The date was Friday the 13th.

The father of both men also named Paul Neubarth, was seriously injured in an automobile accident on Friday the 13th. He died a few months later.

His father, Berthold Neubarth, a naturalist who was famous in his era died in 1911 of a shark bite while collecting sea specimins for the Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The date of injury was Friday the 13th.

I am a man of religious faith and supposedly should not fear a date, but I am reluctant to venture into unknown things on that date. Am I superstitious or am I just desirious of not continuing a string of bad luck? Tell me what you think. I am open to suggestions.

Just a string of bad luck and coincidence pard. My dad is superstitious too. I can remember a few times when a black cat would cross the road in front of our car and my dad would have a shit fit. I'd be thinking about how much I'd like to go pick up the cat... :lol:

As a Christian myself, I don't believe in any of that hookus pookus. I won't let myself. That's not to say I don't believe in ghosts though. Wednesday evenings you'll find me glued to the TV watching TAPS, a.k.a., Ghost Hunters. I believe everyone has a soul, and more and more people don't believe in God, so their soul is stranded here when they die instead of going to heaven. That's why so many of them are pissed off. They know they're dead and they know they're stuck.

I think you should change your surname.

Clearly Friday the 13th has it out for the Neubarths.

Forum List

Back