Is FoxNews generally accurate?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I'm a big MSNBC and CBS news nut. I occasionally stroll over to CNN or Headline News by CNN. I also like ABC on Sunday morning with George Stephanopolous. I find FoxNews either partisan or misinformed on most topics and offensive to balance in the general sense.

Is there a truly "balanced" news network? As an American I feel compelled to listen to both sides or all sides of an issue. Certainly no network can adequately provide "all" sides but do you really think FoxNews is worthy of the name of a "NewsChannel" at all?

Psychoblues

Dems Gotta Keep On Truckin'

2. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The Fox Network is the only alleged "news channel" that openly admits to being biased and partisan. Their appeal is to conservative Republicans, the people who listen to conservative talk radio.
    Fox does a good job of presenting their views to the people who choose to watch them.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    they all go for the ratings

4. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Well then, Gabriella84, I guess Sir Evil missed the point of my question? I truly am in a quandry here. I want a credible, complete and competent news source. I believe there was a time when there were several. What's happened?

Psychoblues

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    No.

6. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    "No". You trying to be cute or is the matter of news trustworthyness so compromised that the news media is no longer relevant?

I guess we can now operate off self motivations and assume they are correct, if that's what you mean?

Psychoblues

7. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    psycho,I belive Fox reports as accuratley and pretty much the same stuff as most of the other networks. When there is breaking news,they all have it about the same time. I believe they are fair more than biased. For people to whine about the conservative bias is ridiculous given the likes of CBS,CNN,ABC,and NBC,to mention just a few.What Libs don't like about Fox is they always give just as much say to the Cons as the Libs. You will get just as much accurate info there as anywhere,but they all screw up once in a while reporting something too fast,trying to be the first to report a big story,

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The latter. I think FOX is less biased than most. That is my meaning.

9. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to say that there is no commercial news source where you can obtain a complete, unbiased source of news. Newspapers, TV and Radio are all dependent on ratings and advertising revenue. The conservative factions control much of the ad revenue.

A complete and total FALSEHOOD. When was the last time you saw Bush criticized on Fox? Did you ever see a positive story about Kerry? How about Clinton?

10. softwaremama

softwaremama Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Kathianne, I agree. At least Fox admits it is biased and tries to present both sides of an issue. However, they can be terribly Rupert Murdockish, especially when they focus too much on celebs and their hoo-ha. I feel ill watching network news; the liberal bias is insulting.