Is Fox News pulling for a country divided?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Because I'm hearing it from the fringe-right. This country cannot stand, as divided as it is.

Of course I don't buy it.

Of course I don't believe that the majority of the country is the fringe-right or fringe-left.

Why do you?

Because I'm hearing it from the fringe-right. This country cannot stand, as divided as it is.

Of course I don't believe that the majority of the country is the fringe-right or fringe-left.

Why do you?

Of course they are..Fox that is. It is the first rule in Murdochs playbook. All war creates wealth. Murdochs war with words creates him wealth. He doesn't care about any outcome. It is just neccesary to Murdochs business model to have war to make him money.

Why do you?

No they aren't.
MSNBC is though.

• Banned

Why do you?

Of course they are..Fox that is. It is the first rule in Murdochs playbook. All war creates wealth. Murdochs war with words creates him wealth. He doesn't care about any outcome. It is just neccesary to Murdochs business model to have war to make him money.

I know the left has their own fringe, but it's not the one saying we can't get past this.

Left vs Right is easy to understand and report so it gets pushed. Sorta like National League vs American League or AFC vs NFC.

The country is so divided that it really cannot stand. There is no point of compromise.

The left was no more willing to accept Bush as president than the right is to accept obama. The left will fight just as hard if not harder against Romney. Neither side will tolerate the policies and positions of the other. Right now, control of the country is doing nothing more than bouncing back and forth. One side or the other is angry and resentful, getting more angry and resentful all the time. At some point, enough will be enough and the country will try by ammo box what it could not get by ballot box.

The left is enamored of its revolution. They romanticize the French Revolution and have Che Guevara as a hero. They are really forcing themselves into a corner where they have no choice but to really engage in the violence they now only dream of. The very young idealogues of the left honestly believe that no one will fight back. They believe that they will be protected while they exercise their freedom to vandalize and have fun in the revolt.

The country is so divided that it really cannot stand. There is no point of compromise.

The left was no more willing to accept Bush as president than the right is to accept obama. The left will fight just as hard if not harder against Romney. Neither side will tolerate the policies and positions of the other. Right now, control of the country is doing nothing more than bouncing back and forth. One side or the other is angry and resentful, getting more angry and resentful all the time. At some point, enough will be enough and the country will try by ammo box what it could not get by ballot box.

The left is enamored of its revolution. They romanticize the French Revolution and have Che Guevara as a hero. They are really forcing themselves into a corner where they have no choice but to really engage in the violence they now only dream of. The very young idealogues of the left honestly believe that no one will fight back. They believe that they will be protected while they exercise their freedom to vandalize and have fun in the revolt.

That's the poster I was thinking of! And then of course there's Foxfyre's divorce thread.

That's the poster I was thinking of! And then of course there's Foxfyre's divorce thread.

You can't have it both ways you know. There is no way to really get past this. Is the left willing to accept an end to abortion on demand, or prohibition of same sex marriage rights? Will the right roll over for increased taxes and industry killing regulations? It isn't the politicians. They are only reflecting what the public is saying and there is no way to get past this because these are absolutes. Compromise on abortion. Compromise on universal marriage? Compromise on legalizing drugs. One side or the other will have to capitulate, not compromise.

I'm not buying that. I just flat-out do not believe this country is as divided as this board would indicate.

This board is likely mild compared to the country. There are pockets where one side or the other is more in control that give the appearance of stability. Only because in these isolated areas there is no conflict. Generally, neither side is willing to be dragged along kicking and screaming to the future the other side envisions.

The exit polls in the Wisconsin election would seem to indicatge a severe polarity. Weren't many fencesitters, the voters there were committed to whichever side months ago, upwards of 90%.

Don't know why FoxNews got dragged into the discussion though, for the most part they try to be even-handed about their coverage. Most of the time you see a person from both sides when a specific event or issue os discussed. Not to say they aren't biased, these days everybody is to some extent. But I don't see anything to suggest FoxNews wants a divided country, no more than the other news outlets.

I'm not buying that. I just flat-out do not believe this country is as divided as this board would indicate.

well, half of the country see personal responsibility as the best driving force in society, and the other half believe that is too much to ask of the victims of Capitalism, and is best left to the Feds. Not a whole lot of room to compromise.

Forum List

Back