Is Fox News anti America?

I have been a little sick for awhile and watch tv in the afternoons. I take much pleasure in watching Glenn Beck on fox then turning the channel to msnbc and watching his counterpart ed.
Both are real entertainment, I don't care who you are.
They are two sides of the same loony coin and I love that they are on one after the other.
I have been enjoying them both, better than cartoons.
Neither is unamerican. Shutting either of them up would be unamerican.
free speech means free speech, especially if you don't like it.

Lies are not covered in the freedom of speach laws.

That freedom is protection from government shutting you up not people who out your lies.

There should be no place for lies in the media.

Of course lies are covered. What Bill of Rights are you reading?

A quick look of mediamatters homepage shows anyone with critical thinking skills that they are simply a site set up to be anti-fox and anti-rush.
They only offer opinions as 'research'. There is no real substance there truth.
They are and have always been amusing though.
Glenn Beck has van jones and the president of seiu on tape too, why do you choose to believe on over the other? I can answer that. because you agree with their opinion.
that simply doesn't make it true, likewise, agreeing with GB or ed(or anyone else) simply doesn't make that true either.
Agreeing with an opinion doesn't make it true, in fact it has more to do with agreeing with one side or the other in the propaganda wars than anything else.
Until we as citizens can overcome the limited to two side argument that is continually presented in the media, we will not see the real truth. There are about 300 million people in this country and likely almost as many opinions or 'sides'. What has and is continuing to damage our country is the spin from our media and leaders that continues to limit all issues to 2 sides. That's what the elite in power wish to do in order to control the citizenry and allow them to continue to steal and cheat their way into wealth, and keep it. Defending either side is defending that syndrome.
"get a lie that Media matters defended?"
"The truth is, despite the constant media chatter about Obama's supposedly falling approval numbers, according to Gallup's daily tracking poll, the president's rating has remained essentially unchanged since mid-August. Meaning, there has been no huge downward movement in the polls in recent weeks or months. But boy, the press sure loves to push that imaginary claim."

That statement on their site after ALL the polling agencies reported a drop or a rise in his popularity over the time period mentioned is a LIE!

I don't place anyplace in polls, but to simply create information out of whole cloth to defend the president is a lie.
The fact is Obama's a big boy, he expects some degree of disaproval and this lie is simply sillyness.
right there, that is from ;
County Fair | Media Matters for America
Go get ONE fucking example from MM where they gamed the facts.
Prove what they say is flawed because they are left wing.

You see its just fine to be left or right leaning if you tell the truth.

Fox lies and MM proves it with documentation.

Document your claim that MM lies.

I already did.This time I bloldened it.
I have to go for now truth, but I will be back later.
thanks for the conversation, we should continue it. I am enjoying it and hope you are as well, but I have accepted a lunch invitation from a lovely lady, my wife! gotta go, have fun.

That is a blog off of MM and I dont see the lie you are claiming.

I will check for your response later, I hope you and the wife have a lovely lunch.

J0keStarkey said:
Les' see_uh heah, m'boy. Smaller government, less taxes, smaller civil service, less intrusion into citizens' lies, while you have supported, m'boy, foreign interventions, larger military forces, increased civil services, deficit spending, greater intrusion into citizens' lives, don't you, House?
Wow, you used almost every cliche there, Jokey...:lol:

You libs crack me up sometimes...LOL

You, a neo-con, are much farther to the left, House, because you support the neo-con agenda, because you have supported the Bushies. Your argument don't wash.

neo-con: another word Jokey doesn't understand...

Your professed intelligence doesn't wash, Jokey...

I have been a little sick for awhile and watch tv in the afternoons. I take much pleasure in watching Glenn Beck on fox then turning the channel to msnbc and watching his counterpart ed.
Both are real entertainment, I don't care who you are.
They are two sides of the same loony coin and I love that they are on one after the other.
I have been enjoying them both, better than cartoons.
Neither is unamerican. Shutting either of them up would be unamerican.
free speech means free speech, especially if you don't like it.

That freedom is protection from government shutting you up not people who out your lies.

I didnt make myself very clear , I ment in the media.

The government can not make any law infringing the speech rights of the individual.

We do have laws against lying in the media.

They get wettled in courts every day.

The media doesnt have a right to lie even if Fox fought in court to get it and won.

No they dont , you just think they all do because you think Fox tells the truth, they dont.

It's impossible for a human being to not have some bias in everything they do, think or say. It's how we are built. If you gain all of your information from any single source, your picture of the world will match the bias of that source.

A comedian once high lighted the existance of bias by saying that he was Jewish and his wife was Catholic but they were going to raise their children as Hindus. That statement should make us wonder why we are what we are in terms of religion.

The local newspaper, NPR, CNN, FOX and the Big 3 networks should all have different takes on things, but usually, do not. Take the word, "gravitas", please. Was there a news organization on the planet that did not use this word in describing Dick Cheney's contribution to the GWB ticket? Was there a news organization that had ever used that word before? Anybody wonder if the show prep did not include listening to other outlets?

If you don't think that the news business is a business first and a fair and balanced fountain of information second or perhaps tenth, you are asleep. This is a business and it is filled with competing points of view. Listen to all and understand the source. If you listen enough, you may find out about half of what's there.

No they dont , you just think they all do because you think Fox tells the truth, they dont.

Difference between you and me.... I see the media spin for what it is.... from all sides. They all have their agenda. The only reason you don't see it from MSNBC is that you agree with them.

The left and it's ridiculous obsession with Fox is actually funny. How insecure are liberals that they cannot tolerate a news organization that puts a different viewpoint? Stikes me as pretty damned unAmerican to defend one and criticize the other for the same tactics.

I didnt make myself very clear , I ment in the media.

The government can not make any law infringing the speech rights of the individual.

We do have laws against lying in the media.

They get wettled in courts every day.

The media doesnt have a right to lie even if Fox fought in court to get it and won.

I think you mean libel and slander. These are not particularly First Amendment things. If I say that I think that Newt Gingrich or Tip O'Neal are lying bastards who BBQ children and steal from orphans because of their policy decisions, that's protected because they are public figures. It's also only what I think. If I say I saw them cooking children over flames, that's a different thing.

If they are on the floor of the Senate or in the Well of House, anything they say is protected so they can answer me there with impunity.

If you say the same about me or write it, that's actionable. So it is with the media.

Most media outlets are very careful to attribute what they say especially if it's damning. When you listen, you will always hear, "in a report from" or "according to" or "in his written statement to reporters, the AP reports that he said".

If they report what a certain source said, they are not reporting that the event happened or that words were said. They are reporting that someone said that the event happened or that someone said the words were said.

This is a huge difference in a court of law.

That's the news.

Now, opinion is an entirely different thing. Bill O'Rieley or Kieth Oberman can clearly label what they are saying in their shows to be opinion and all bets are off. Beck, too. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You probably think that I'm entitled to yours and I certainly think that you are entitled to mine.

The "Market place of ideas" entitles us all to hold and express opinions. It is implied by the First Amendment and specified in succeeding court decisions. Like it or not, Bill Mahr, Micheal Moore, Rush Limbaugh and all the rest can spew their particualr view point with as much bias as they can spin in and they are doing the work that the founders planned.

Diverse opinion stated by those who have the time to think about it gives those of us who work for a living a quick method to try on an opinion to see if it fits.

J0keStarkey said:
Les' see_uh heah, m'boy. Smaller government, less taxes, smaller civil service, less intrusion into citizens' lies, while you have supported, m'boy, foreign interventions, larger military forces, increased civil services, deficit spending, greater intrusion into citizens' lives, don't you, House?
Wow, you used almost every cliche there, Jokey...:lol:

You libs crack me up sometimes...LOL

You, a neo-con, are much farther to the left, House, because you support the neo-con agenda, because you have supported the Bushies. Your argument don't wash.

neo-con: another word Jokey doesn't understand...

Your professed intelligence doesn't wash, Jokey...

Ad hom defense by a liberal neo-con, house? You have just admitted you lost this discussion.

Difference between you and me.... I see the media spin for what it is.... from all sides. They all have their agenda. The only reason you don't see it from MSNBC is that you agree with them.

The left and it's ridiculous obsession with Fox is actually funny. How insecure are liberals that they cannot tolerate a news organization that puts a different viewpoint? Stikes me as pretty damned unAmerican to defend one and criticize the other for the same tactics.

CG damns herself with this kettle-pot black argument. Anyone want to remark how she condemns tactics of which she accuses the left while using them to defend her very indefensible loony fringe wingnut reactionary position.

No, they are not Anti American. They are anti Poor People, The Disadvantaged, the Impovished, the...well they are all Repblicans. You fill in the blanks.

Whenever important news is breaking I often switch between networks to see how the information is being presented. Tonight an important news conference occurred concerning Homeland security and Fox chose only to criticize the conference because none of the information was shocking in their estimation, and then while it was still in progress, switched to Glenn Beck, who only berated the Obama Administration about other issues including healthcare.

Is this just biased partisanship or does this constitute a more traitorous attitude towards our Democratic way?

Get a fucking grip whydonchya?

Go get ONE fucking example from MM where they gamed the facts.
Prove what they say is flawed because they are left wing.

You see its just fine to be left or right leaning if you tell the truth.

Fox lies and MM proves it with documentation.

Document your claim that MM lies.

I already did.This time I bloldened it.
I have to go for now truth, but I will be back later.
thanks for the conversation, we should continue it. I am enjoying it and hope you are as well, but I have accepted a lunch invitation from a lovely lady, my wife! gotta go, have fun.

That is a blog off of MM and I dont see the lie you are claiming.

I will check for your response later, I hope you and the wife have a lovely lunch.

Of course you don't, your blinded by your partisan ship. In fact, all your posts are blinded by your partisanship.
One more time, they claim that the reporting at fox that the polls showing Obama's approval numbers are going lower is false, and they claim that the polls have not changed. Those are both lies. All the polls that have been reported have indicated the prez's numbers have gone lower. In fact, if that didn't happen, it would be history making as that is what happens to most presidents.
It may seem like the truth to you truth, but that is the blindness of partisanship.
The Mediamatters site is one that every entry is a 'blog' that accuses fox and rush, and sometimes other right-wing "news" reports of lying. That alone should be an indication that they are partisan and therefore cannot hold a monopoly on truth.
Please consider that all the media spins and lies in favor of their position. Once one wipes the partisan eye boogers away, it becomes very clear that there is a media war in progress to form opinions rather than report events. Defending one partisan opinion while denouncing another not only exposes one as a partisan fool, it exposes an underlying denial of reality and a colossal ignorance.
Wake up truth, your better than that!
BTW- sorry to take so long to get back, but I use my cell phone to get online and for some reason it wouldn't connect sat afternoon and would not saty connected sunday.

No, they are not Anti American. They are anti Poor People, The Disadvantaged, the Impovished, the...well they are all Repblicans. You fill in the blanks.

Why do you think this is true?

Only a certain portion of Republicans and some Dems are anti-poor.

They make their livings from oppressing the weak, sick, defenseless. Anyone want to remark on foster care, outsourced mental health care, private prisons, abused elder care and nursing homes?

We let businesses make profit from abusing the weak and defenseless. It is called "privatization", which costs more than equivalent government service and is accountable to bean counters, not the electorate.

For shame.

fox is the only one that is fair and balanced.CNN and others will only tell you what they want to tell you.

My criticisms of Obama are he too far right.

Let's end the idiocy in Iraq and Afghanistan, let them build their own nation. Increased taxes on the wealthy, they waste it on trifles. Public option, if other industrial nations can do it why can't we. Gay marriage and gay rights, gonna happen anyway why be stupid and act like it ain't. Jobs programs, FDR looks better and better as time goes on. Bring back Glass Steagall, greed makes people stupid and dishonest. Union, unions and more unions support our people. Fair import rules with China and buy American.

But seriously compared to Bush and draft dodger Dick he is at least a bit forward. He just ain't no FDR nor liberal enough for me.

And Fox faux news is a total joke; anyone who can seriously watch Glenn Beck is retarded according to the last Rasmussen poll.

Wars - costly and we will not meet our objectives.
Taxes - It is their money not yours, they will use some of it to create jobs.
Public option - not the American way and it won't save money or make it more affordable.
Gay marriage - Not a government issue, but a religious one. Civil unions.
FDR and unions are worthless in today's society.
Fair import rules - That will happen. Not.
Fox News - Only someone who fears or hates would suggest they are unamerican.

Bush / Cheney were doo doo.

Obama is doo doo.

Problem with you is, you'll defend Obama with your last breath, no matter how bad he fucks up ......
Have you/do you denounce The Bush Administration and all they stood for and the DAMAGE they've done to this country and the world in general?

Yes. or. no?

And yes, FOXNews IS anti-American.

Forum List

Back