Is Footlocker Racist or just prudent?

Because of the riots and destruction, Footlocker stores are refusing to stock new, limited, Nike releases.

Police in riot gear at Florida Mall Foot Locker - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Insofar as the rioters are mostly black, is their refusal to stock the new shoes racist?

No.
I live right next to Orlando and it was simply because the crowd was too big and rowdy.
One guy made a dash for the shoes and 500+ made a run for it after him, hoping to get the shoes. Over 1,000 people showed and I don't think they even had 100 pairs in stock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3ByY69pcQ]orlando new nike shoe riot-Cops In Riot gear for Ebonics lesson - YouTube[/ame]

its not racism.

But speaking of racism, Nike would make a KILLING in Africa.

Good that so many people are reasonable, because there is a sizeable number of people who think that pulling the shoes from sale was because the crowds were not only big and rowdy but mostly black.

where's all the people who are screaming that Pharmacies must carry Plan B ? Shouldn't they be in here screaming that FootLocker MUST carry these shoes?

where's all the people who are screaming that Pharmacies must carry Plan B ? Shouldn't they be in here screaming that FootLocker MUST carry these shoes?

Different things and circumstances.

Theres nothing about the limited quantities of plan b pills.
The argument is about people having the right to get them through healthcare.

Of curse people have the right to buy the shoe, but it's a limited edition shoe.

To bring the contraception argument up here is just absurd because it doesn't relate in any way.

$200 a pair? I worked for the company and they could never convince me to pay more than $20

lol, yeah.

Exploiting low income countries to make such an outrageous profit.

I wear skate shoes and love them. They are a better value.

images__22854_zoom.jpg

fall_1.jpg

Ripper_BKWEII1.jpg

Because of the riots and destruction, Footlocker stores are refusing to stock new, limited, Nike releases.

Police in riot gear at Florida Mall Foot Locker - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Insofar as the rioters are mostly black, is their refusal to stock the new shoes racist?
This question needs to be asked of Mcdonalds more seriously, because I have been into three or four resteraunts of their's now, and they are employing a 99.9% all black staff at these locations. The only way for this to occur, is that they are defintely discriminating in their hiring practices. There is no other explanation for this, because these locals are not located in prodominantly black neighborhoods or communties, but are instead located in more diverse populated areas.

How is this being allowed, after all that has taken place over this type of stuff in the past?

I don't believe in the case of the footlocker, that they are racially driven in this way, but is this found in all footlockers, or is it just an isolated situation?

Racist? Hell no. Smart move? You betcha.

You gotta consider the idiots whose lives appear to revolve around - at least in part - the status derived from having a certain pair of new Nikes. Or, the potential monetary gain of selling your pair of $200 sneakers to someone else for $200-plus. And then layer in what has happened in stores and malls across the country when such limited availability shoes have shown up. IMO it's just a matter of time until someone gets seriously hurt or killed in one of these incidents, and guess who along with other parties the clown's lawyers will drag into a law suit? The Foot Locker store because the chain has deep pockets and it would be easy to allege they didn't provide enough security, inventory, or God knows what else. As usual rather than the people pushing, shoving, fighting, rioting, etc., it'll be FL's, Nike's, and others' fault that someone got hurt, or worse.

In refusing to stock the shoes, Footlocker is clearly racist. They are doing it to eliminate the riots. The riots are by predominently black people. Refusal to stock the shoe is absolutely racially motivated.

In refusing to stock the shoes, Footlocker is clearly racist. They are doing it to eliminate the riots. The riots are by predominently black people. Refusal to stock the shoe is absolutely racially motivated.

Talk about your false logicals. :lol:

she's a stupid racist.

sorry for the redundancy

Some racists are not stupid. Pat Buchanan..is a real sparkplug...I tell you what. :eusa_whistle:

No.
I live right next to Orlando and it was simply because the crowd was too big and rowdy.
One guy made a dash for the shoes and 500+ made a run for it after him, hoping to get the shoes. Over 1,000 people showed and I don't think they even had 100 pairs in stock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3ByY69pcQ]orlando new nike shoe riot-Cops In Riot gear for Ebonics lesson - YouTube[/ame]

its not racism.

But speaking of racism, Nike would make a KILLING in Africa.

How do you figure that?:confused:

Forum List

Back