Is Football Too Dangerous?

Someday every danger will be eliminated...

china-bubble-wrap-street.jpg

I did a paper on sports related injuries. Funny how the networks are starting to focus on this issue. I watched the Sunday Night NFL game and of course they made a point to focus on this issue instead of football.

Concussions are one of the most common injuries in Football. Hitting your head on the ground while wearing a helmet usually results in some trauma. I don't think there's any way they can completely reduce head injuries. They can minimize them but not eliminate them. Usually landing on your back results in your head snapping back and getting your bell rung.

I remember stingers when wearing some helmets and other helmets illuminated this problem. Banging heads with someone isn't as damaging as the noise. My ears would ring for a while afterward. It was always when I banged my head on the ground that I would get hurt the worst.

I still don't like journalists focusing on this because their business is to report the game not get into saving players from injury. The teams medical staff do that enough. Only thing that can be done is change it to flag football instead of tackle.

And you call yourself an American?! Your man card needs to be suspended for a while.

At least he had a man card. More than can be said for you, girlyboy.

I did a paper on sports related injuries. Funny how the networks are starting to focus on this issue. I watched the Sunday Night NFL game and of course they made a point to focus on this issue instead of football.

Concussions are one of the most common injuries in Football. Hitting your head on the ground while wearing a helmet usually results in some trauma. I don't think there's any way they can completely reduce head injuries. They can minimize them but not eliminate them. Usually landing on your back results in your head snapping back and getting your bell rung.

I remember stingers when wearing some helmets and other helmets illuminated this problem. Banging heads with someone isn't as damaging as the noise. My ears would ring for a while afterward. It was always when I banged my head on the ground that I would get hurt the worst.

I still don't like journalists focusing on this because their business is to report the game not get into saving players from injury. The teams medical staff do that enough. Only thing that can be done is change it to flag football instead of tackle.

It is if you are the football. Those things get beat to hell in that game :)

What about no helmets? Works for the Australians! Maybe it's the feeling of invulnerability, plus the added strength and weight of today's players, that's leading to more injuries. Let the players feel a little more vulnerable and maybe the most extreme methods of tackling, head first rather than with the chest or shoulders, would fall out of favor.

And you call yourself an American?! Your man card needs to be suspended for a while.

At least he had a man card. More than can be said for you, girlyboy.

:doubt:

i dont care what adults do...but when you start kids out in pee wee football that is a bit much

gt watch real sports with gumbel..excellent on concussions and what is causing football players and soccer players to have "als'

hardly spotty research when they are studying the spines and brains of these players and finding they are the same...massive damage and leaking into the spinal column

Everything in life has some associated danger. I can't think of anything that is completely free from risk. I think organized sports builds a degree of character and it teaches people to work together as a team. It would be a sad world if there were no sports. Sports can be entertaining and great fun to watch. It can also help kids from becoming video game playing mind dead couch potatoes.

I played pee-wee football. It's nowhere near as dangerous as when we used to play "indoor soccer" in PE class, lol kids were getting rolled into the nurses office on stretchers.:lol::lol:

I played pee-wee football. It's nowhere near as dangerous as when we used to play "indoor soccer" in PE class, lol kids were getting rolled into the nurses office on stretchers.:lol::lol:

My high school had a gym teacher who liked to put a couple of basketballs in play during sessions of slaughterhouse.

Forum List

Back