Is Faith In Jesus All It Takes?

Is faith in Jesus of Nazareth all it takes to get to Heaven?

Can everyone who believes that Jesus' death on the cross paid in full the price for their own sins go to heaven?

Can Mormons who believe in Jesus get to heaven?

How about Jehovah's Witnesses? If they believe does it matter where they go to church?

I've heard that JW's and Mormons aren't real Christians...​
:eusa_think: Is that true?​

I was told by a preacher that unless a person belonged to The Church of Christ, it didn't matter what they believed... NO HEAVEN! He said the Bible is clear in that regard.

Another preacher told me that most Catholics won't get to heaven because they pray to saints, which is "idolatry"... :eusa_think: Can this be true?

Does God give a break to the billions of people who have lived and died without accepting Jesus as their savior because nobody told them the story? Is that an excusable reason to be a heathen? :eusa_think:

Can people go to church, give lots of money, say all the right things, and still not truly believe, thus ruining their chances for heaven?

What about stupid people who just never 'get' it? :eusa_think:

What about a serial killer with a death-row "conversion"? :eusa_think:

Inquiring minds want to know... :eusa_think:

-Joe

I don't know about heaven but the mormans and the witnesses should be able to cut into the front of the line at the comunity mental health centers.

Ahh.. I do so love denominational centrism.

It's a good thing none of you motherfucker are Pentecostal... Salvation isn't just a matter of acceptance and personal faith. Acts 2:38 motherfucker!

Acts 2:38 (King James Version)

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

If you don't speak in tongues as evidence of the gift of the holy ghost then TOO FUCKING BAD! Better luck next time! That is, unless the loward comes before your writhing produces salvation....

No one ever said that baptism wasn't a part of it, it certainly is. :lol:

You're on the Cross of Rebellion Shogon, I'll pray that you move to the Cross of Repentance at some point in your life. :eusa_pray:

It's a good thing none of you motherfucker are Pentecostal... Salvation isn't just a matter of acceptance and personal faith. Acts 2:38 motherfucker!

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

If you don't speak in tongues as evidence of the gift of the holy ghost then TOO FUCKING BAD! Better luck next time! That is, unless the loward comes before your writhing produces salvation....

You're on the Cross of Rebellion Shogon, I'll pray that you move to the Cross of Repentance at some point in your life. :eusa_pray:

Baptism.. thats another fun aspect of denominational disagreement.. sprinkles or total submersion. Personally, I can't fathom jebus giving a rats ass as long as the heart's desire is there. Anyway, I was referring to, specifically, the last part of Acts 2:38 - The being filled with the holy ghost by evidence of speaking in tongues part. This totally circumvents the "by faith alone" discussion by pairing an actual, physical behavioural reaction with salvation. A litmus test of Salvation, if you will.

hehehe... I am no converted Saul, dude. I appreciate the intent though.

Baptism.. thats another fun aspect of denominational disagreement.. sprinkles or total submersion. Personally, I can't fathom jebus giving a rats ass as long as the heart's desire is there. Anyway, I was referring to, specifically, the last part of Acts 2:38 - The being filled with the holy ghost by evidence of speaking in tongues part. This totally circumvents the "by faith alone" discussion by pairing an actual, physical behavioural reaction with salvation. A litmus test of Salvation, if you will.

Yeah, you're right about baptism, and I tend to believe that it depends on what is truly in your heart as well. My church does complete immersion simply b/c that's how Jesus did it in the scriptures, nothing really complicated about it. I'm not sure about the speaking in tongues part of it since I haven't really had enough information/reading on that part of it to comment. I do know that I've never heard of that as being a litmus test though.

You know enough, and you never know what the future will hold for you, stranger things have happened. And I'm a dudette, not a dude. :lol:

now there are a lot more questions you should be asking...i have to work today..so i got to watch the time

why would a just and loving god pit abel and cain against one another? now here is cain working his ass off raising a garden while abel is watching sheep fuck. so who does god chose....abel the slack ass sheep watcher guy...why....o well...could it be....the people who write the bible are nomadic herders?

were adam and eve the only people god made or just the first people god made?
the answer to that question causes and solves many riddles..such as who lived in the land of nod..east of eden?

but this is all ot stuff.....remember the birth and death of jesus brings you the grace of jesus...that is what you should focus on...if you desire to be a chirstian...

now this is all advice from a pagan who has not been a baptist for a lot longer than you have been on earth lol

Actually, HaShem didn't pit Cain and Abel against each other. That is Christian b.s. What actually happened, was after they had been working at their chosen jobs (Abel was a rancher, Cain was a farmer), God told them to bring up an offering of the best they had available.

Abel went and selected the very best lamb from his flock. Cain (not really caring too much about it), just gathered up a bit of grain and took it.

God was disappointed in what Cain brought, and told Abel that he did a good job. Cain got pissed, and, in a fit of rage, he hit Abel and killed him. When God came up to Cain and asked what happened, Cain responded "am I my brother's keeper?"

Why? Simple......mankind was brand new at that time, and Cain probably didn't know that the blow would kill him. Kinda like getting into a barfight and hitting someone in the right area and they die, even though you didn't mean to.

Lots of people mis-interpret that.

As far as the "first" humans? First there was Lillith, then Adam. Lillith left when Adam refused to let her be on top during sex. She then uttered the secret name of God, and disappeared, where she became a demon.

The second woman to be created was Eve.

Yeah, you're right about baptism, and I tend to believe that it depends on what is truly in your heart as well. My church does complete immersion simply b/c that's how Jesus did it in the scriptures, nothing really complicated about it. I'm not sure about the speaking in tongues part of it since I haven't really had enough information/reading on that part of it to comment. I do know that I've never heard of that as being a litmus test though.

You know enough, and you never know what the future will hold for you, stranger things have happened. And I'm a dudette, not a dude. :lol:

I kid you not.. I was baptized in a horse trough!

google up some "speaking in tongues evidence of holy spirit" or something of that nature. Honestly, it doesn't shock me that it's the pentecostals who branched into snake biters given the litmus tests of salvation they believe in. I've seen things that would make the exorcist look like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Abel = "breath"

1) second son of Adam and Eve, killed by his brother Cain

Cain = "possession"

1) eldest son of Adam and Eve and the first murderer having murdered his brother Abel

Adam = "red"
1) first man

2) city in Jordan valley

Adam
1) man, mankind

a) man, human being

b) man, mankind (much more frequently intended sense in OT)

c) Adam, first man

d) city in Jordan valley

Eve = "life" or "living"

1) the first woman, wife of Adam

Conversely, if someone believes in Jesus, can they forgo their right to go to heaven? Or is this an automatic ticket that cannot be refunded or altered?

Depends on your faith. Jews don't so much believe in Yeshua being the Messiah, but they still acknowledge Him as a great rabbi.

Can everyone who believes that Jesus' death on the cross paid in full the price for their own sins go to heaven?

No. That alone will not get you in.

Can Mormons who believe in Jesus get to heaven?

Probably not. Not only did they write another bible, but they worship Moroni more than they do Yeshua.

How about Jehovah's Witnesses? If they believe does it matter where they go to church?

See above. JW's have a lot of strange beliefs, most are of a cult variety.

I've heard that JW's and Mormons aren't real Christians...​
:eusa_think: Is that true?​

No, they're more like a cult.

I was told by a preacher that unless a person belonged to The Church of Christ, it didn't matter what they believed... NO HEAVEN! He said the Bible is clear in that regard.

See....here's where a LOT of people get it wrong. It's not so much that there is only 1 religion, I mean.....look around, and, many of them have very strong similarities. I would advise being wary of any religion that touts themselves as the "only way". I like what the His Holiness the Dali Lama said when asked how many religions he thought should be. He replied that there was 6 billion people on this planet, and everyone understands God in their own way, so he estimated around 6 billion.

Another preacher told me that most Catholics won't get to heaven because they pray to saints, which is "idolatry"... :eusa_think: Can this be true?

Not only that, but they kinda bastardized the concept of Christianity as practiced in Israel (the originators of it), by mixing what they picked up in Jerusalem, and mixing liberal amounts of pagan worship in. Why did they do that? Because they wanted to have as much influence and control as possible, and religion was a great way to do that.

Does God give a break to the billions of people who have lived and died without accepting Jesus as their savior because nobody told them the story? Is that an excusable reason to be a heathen? :eusa_think:

Actually, no. Before every person gets that small piece of God (your soul) placed into the embryo created by your parents, He teaches the Torah to us all. We're just supposed to remember to go looking for it and study it.

Can people go to church, give lots of money, say all the right things, and still not truly believe, thus ruining their chances for heaven?

You HAVE to believe in something bigger than yourself. Start small, and work your way up to talking to the Big Man Himself. BTW......church isn't required for worship, ask the Taoists (which incidentally have a great deal in common with the Jews).

What about stupid people who just never 'get' it? :eusa_think:

Well......you've generally got around 14 seconds before you die, and, during that "white light" moment, you WILL get it and be offered a choice.

What about a serial killer with a death-row "conversion"? :eusa_think:

Yep. They go to Heaven. Matter of fact, there is a story in the Tanach about a wicked man who persecuted Jews. On the last day of his life, he repented and apologized to God for what he had done. God then allowed him into Heaven.

Inquiring minds want to know... :eusa_think:

-Joe

And.......if a person was to read the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas, or the Torah, they would find out that the current conception of Hell (as Christians understand it), is actually based on the Greek version of Hell. Hades. Incidentally, the Catholics (when they started their religion), noticed something around 1000. They noticed that attendance was better when they told of the horrors of hell. Well....even during those times, people liked a good scare story (as they do today), so, to boost attendance, they started doing fire and brimstone sermons, which carry on into today.

By the way......you can't go to Hell for eternity. The only thing that is eternal is God, and since every human has a beginning, the most that would happen would be forever. I mean, face it.........you can't go to Hell before you're born, right?

And........if you check the Torah, as well as the aforementioned Gospel of Thomas, you would find out that NOBODY stays in Hell forever. Even the SaTan himself will be redeemed. Thomas was taken on a tour through there, and the angel that took him told him that.

And, like I said, it also says the same thing in the Torah (first 5 books of the OT).

Hope that helps.

BTW.........if you get a chance, check out the History Channel, "Hell, the Devil's Domain" sometime.

I kid you not.. I was baptized in a horse trough!

google up some "speaking in tongues evidence of holy spirit" or something of that nature. Honestly, it doesn't shock me that it's the pentecostals who branched into snake biters given the litmus tests of salvation they believe in. I've seen things that would make the exorcist look like a Saturday morning cartoon.

I don't think it matters where you were baptized... :lol: Altho, if it was while you were a small child and you weren't making the choice yourself, then it doesn't count, at least as far as my church's beliefs. Obviously, other denominations practice otherwise. But, you should make the choice once you are old enough to understand the choice you are making, that's the logic behind it. Don't know if that would make you feel better or worse.

I'll look into it sometime...

Originally posted by Avg-Joe
Does God give a break to the billions of people who have lived and died without accepting Jesus as their savior because nobody told them the story?

You mentioned the most serious internal contradiction of Christianity, Joe.

The historical Jesus, a nobody who wasn't widely known even in Palestine, simply doesn't fit the role of mankind's savior.

To fulfill his divine role Jesus had to be introduced to the whole world.

If "those that have not become Christians will be rewarded after death with life" as Care4all states, Jesus isn't realy mankind's savior.

No matter how hard christians try there is no way out of this logical conundrum.

Voice of Judas - JC Superstar

Why'd you choose such a backward time in such a strange land?
If you'd come today you could have reached a whole nation.
Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication.
Don't you get me wrong.
I only want to know.

José;1173913 said:
Originally posted by Avg-Joe
Does God give a break to the billions of people who have lived and died without accepting Jesus as their savior because nobody told them the story?

You mentioned the most serious internal contradiction of Christianity, Joe.

The historical Jesus, a nobody who wasn't widely known even in Palestine, simply doesn't fit the role of mankind's savior.

To fulfill his divine role Jesus had to be introduced to the whole world.

If "those that have not become Christians will be rewarded after death with life" as Care4all states, Jesus isn't realy mankind's savior.

No matter how hard christians try there is no way out of this logical conundrum.

How do you figure that? What's the most published book in the world?

Forum List

Back