Is Faith In Jesus All It Takes?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Is faith in Jesus of Nazareth all it takes to get to Heaven?

Can everyone who believes that Jesus' death on the cross paid in full the price for their own sins go to heaven?

Can Mormons who believe in Jesus get to heaven?

How about Jehovah's Witnesses? If they believe does it matter where they go to church?

I've heard that JW's and Mormons aren't real Christians...​
:eusa_think: Is that true?​

I was told by a preacher that unless a person belonged to The Church of Christ, it didn't matter what they believed... NO HEAVEN! He said the Bible is clear in that regard.

Another preacher told me that most Catholics won't get to heaven because they pray to saints, which is "idolatry"... :eusa_think: Can this be true?

Does God give a break to the billions of people who have lived and died without accepting Jesus as their savior because nobody told them the story? Is that an excusable reason to be a heathen? :eusa_think:

Can people go to church, give lots of money, say all the right things, and still not truly believe, thus ruining their chances for heaven?

What about stupid people who just never 'get' it? :eusa_think:

What about a serial killer with a death-row "conversion"? :eusa_think:

Inquiring minds want to know... :eusa_think:

-Joe

Can everyone who believes that Jesus' death on the cross paid in full the price for their own sins go to heaven?

How about Jehovah's Witnesses? If they believe does it matter where they go to church?

I was told by a preacher that unless a person belonged to The Church of Christ, it didn't matter what they believed... NO HEAVEN! He said the Bible is clear in that regard.

Another preacher told me that most Catholics won't get to heaven because they pray to saints, which is "idolatry"... :eusa_think: Can this be true?

Does God give a break to the billions of people who have lived and died without accepting Jesus as their savior because nobody told them the story? Is that an excusable reason to be a heathen? :eusa_think:

Can people go to church, give lots of money, say all the right things, and still not truly believe, thus ruining their chances for heaven?

-Joe

Romans 10:6-7 Should cover a portion of your questions.

Psalm 24:5-7

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?

He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

For those who will believe on Jesus/Yahshua
1 Corinthians 15:47-49
The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

And in the world are those who sleep.

Genesis 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

For the first man is made of flesh and the second of the Holy Spirit. So is the phrase one must be born again.

John 3:3-6

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

No, you have to DIE first.

Hell of an initiation requirement, isn't it?

Not true. At he end times some will live to be judged without having died first.

As to some of the original questions. Anyone that was never taught about Jesus will be given a second chance, they will be raised and taught and their decision at that time will determine if they become one of the blessed.

only 144000 are going to Heaven , the rest will be living on a paradise Earth ruled by Jesus and assisted by the 144,000.

Belief is not all, you must also make an honest attempt to follow the narrow path. While you may get a second chance with a death bed conversion you also may not, depending on how God Judges you at the end times.

There is no single church that is the "right" church. At least not that I know of. Deeds, actions and belief all determine your chance at eternal life on paradise earth.

And yes Mormons and Jehovah Witness are Christians. The requirement is a faith and belief in Jesus CHRIST. And both have that.

But John the Apostle says (in the book of Revelations) that anyone who adds to the Bible (Book of Mormon--also called The Truth Restored) will be cursed.

That doesn't necessarily mean they aren't going to be saved, but still.

And Revelations is the book in which the 144,000 are mentioned (twelve thousand from each tribe).

But it doesn't say that ONLY the twelve tribes will go to Heaven. It simply says how many from each tribe.

Besides, I doubt there are any true Hebrews anymore. I don't know one single Jewish person (and I know a lot of Jews) who didn't inter-marry with other cultures, something specifically prohibited in the Old Testament.

Besides, Revelations is beyond any person's understanding. Is it symbolic, literal, or both?

-Joe

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?

He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Genesis 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

For the first man is made of flesh and the second of the Holy Spirit. So is the phrase one must be born again.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

I'm going to be honest, brother... Your post of quotes was not helpful to me.

It appears that you have read THE book... do YOU understand it? What is your opinion of the path to salvation? How would you answer my questions?

-Joe

No, you have to DIE first.

Hell of an initiation requirement, isn't it?

Not true. At he end times some will live to be judged without having died first.

As to some of the original questions. Anyone that was never taught about Jesus will be given a second chance, they will be raised and taught and their decision at that time will determine if they become one of the blessed.

only 144000 are going to Heaven , the rest will be living on a paradise Earth ruled by Jesus and assisted by the 144,000.

Belief is not all, you must also make an honest attempt to follow the narrow path. While you may get a second chance with a death bed conversion you also may not, depending on how God Judges you at the end times.

There is no single church that is the "right" church. At least not that I know of. Deeds, actions and belief all determine your chance at eternal life on paradise earth.

And yes Mormons and Jehovah Witness are Christians. The requirement is a faith and belief in Jesus CHRIST. And both have that.

No answer?

So of all the souls that EVER EXISTED in human history, only 144,000 of them get to heaven.?

The other 100 billion which existed of us or so will exist on earth?

Okay, that's an interesting theory.

Why?

Smartt: As mentioned above, being born of the Spirit is what gives eternel life of salvation to the soul of man. That born again experience begins with faith. The faith that brings one into a real and personal, living and loving, walking and talking relationship with God in Christ.

That faith is a living faith, not a mental belief. It is a faith that produces the works that God has planned for man. It is a faith that creates change, for all things become new.

Whosoever has that faith will know it, because it will create new life which will prove to be abundant.

So of all the souls that EVER EXISTED in human history, only 144,000 of them get to heaven.?

The other 100 billion which existed of us or so will exist on earth?

Okay, that's an interesting theory.

Why?

Read the Bible. It is what it says. However that is not a very good selling point to people who want to believe they are going to heaven when they die or that their loved ones are there now. The Mormon Church believes this also but they sure don't discuss it unless forced to by direct questions.

It is the same reason that almost all Christian Religious Holidays are old Pagan holidays. Much easier to convert those Pagans if you let them keep their Holidays and high worship days and just change them to something else and hope eventually you get them to believe YOUR event and not the Pagan one.

-Joe

Who knows? Man is a fairly self serving creature, and nowhere is this more the case than in the pettiness of the various Christian denominations.

All one can do is live one's life by trying to follow to rules that Christ provided and, when we fail, to genuinely regret our failings and ask forgiveness. After that, who knows? Nobody can see into the mind of God, or know for sure where he draws the line.

Last edited:

you must have faith in jesus and accept him as your lord and savior

see above, jw's accept death on the stake and find the wearing of crosses offensive

Can Mormons who believe in Jesus get to heaven? according to which faith? to souther baptist or born agains...no they cannot, they are not baptized

How about Jehovah's Witnesses? If they believe does it matter where they go to church? first they do not go to church, they have kingdom halls, most of their worships is done in private homes, no one man is the leader but all men take on the duties

there again depends on your faith, to baptist neither are chirstians and will not enter the gates of heaven

gotta love em....they quote scriptures just like everyone else to defend what they say

Another preacher told me that most Catholics won't get to heaven because they pray to saints, which is "idolatry"... :eusa_think: Can this be true? why do christians who pass off this holy trinity suddenly snap on catholics...but if most christians were honest they will tell you...cahtolicas are not going to heaven. again it is the sprinkle thing..catholics are sprinkled ..that is totally unacceptable to born agains

Does God give a break to the billions of people who have lived and died without accepting Jesus as their savior because nobody told them the story? Is that an excusable reason to be a heathen? :eusa_think:now it is my understanding that if you have not heard "the word of god" then you have not rejected jesus and you are given a free pass....it is also my understanding that children who die before the age of decision are given a free pass...now that is baptist

yes, bible states actions will not get you into heaven...only those who believe...

we are going to hell..lol

when you accept the lord jesus into your heart and confess your sins you are forgiven..that is what jesus died on the cross for...according to the king james version of the bible

-Joe

now there are a lot more questions you should be asking...i have to work today..so i got to watch the time

why would a just and loving god pit abel and cain against one another? now here is cain working his ass off raising a garden while abel is watching sheep fuck. so who does god chose....abel the slack ass sheep watcher guy...why....o well...could it be....the people who write the bible are nomadic herders?

were adam and eve the only people god made or just the first people god made?
the answer to that question causes and solves many riddles..such as who lived in the land of nod..east of eden?

but this is all ot stuff.....remember the birth and death of jesus brings you the grace of jesus...that is what you should focus on...if you desire to be a chirstian...

now this is all advice from a pagan who has not been a baptist for a lot longer than you have been on earth lol

-Joe

Did you ever read "The Screwtape Letters" by C. S. Lewis? Might be worth you having a look, if you're genuinely interested in this subject.

-Joe

I'm going to be honest, brother... Your post of quotes was not helpful to me.

It appears that you have read THE book... do YOU understand it? What is your opinion of the path to salvation? How would you answer my questions?

-Joe

Your asking can they go to Heaven. I cannot answer you that question as it is asked. I can tell you that the righteous have an inheritance in Heaven. I can tell you that if you believe on Jesus as your savior you shall be saved. I can tell you to being saved and going to heaven or hell is not one and the same. I can even tell you that I know Heaven is a real place and I have seen a place in Hell. I could even describe portion of what I know of Heaven and Hell. I do know that one cannot overcome the world or flesh on their own.

The path to salvation is very simple, believe with your heart and ask for forgiveness. The path to truly understand what Heaven even is through Jesus, that is the Word of God. That Word is written both in letter and in the heart of a man. That Word of God is what separates flesh from the spirit that God put within. Jesus creates that division so one can overcome that which is of the world.

I do understand the scriptures in the book. The path to salvation is simply believe on Jesus. The requirement is to be baptised in His name.
I put this online for friends if you would like to read it. It may be helpful for you...Jesus truly came for ALL

That portion that God created with His/Her Holy Spirit God keeps and no man can touch it. Your asking questions about those who have never heard. Is it that you are concerned for their safety?

It's not that we are saved through WORKS, because we are not...according to scripture.

Though, ''Faith'' without works, is dead, according to scripture as well.

From my own personal experience, my Faith came first, then my good works began to follow...I continued to sin in one manner or another...and when and if I did fall short, I felt like crap afterwards and honestly felt unworthy to be a recipient of the saving blood of Christ...yet I knew I would be forgiven...

this was an overwelming thought, i was just a sinner, yet I still could be welcomed in to an everlasting life or to see God? How could something so wonderful as this mercy and grace, be given to me? How could someone love me so much, to be willing to give this to me, right after I slapped Him in the face with my sins?

Well, this humbling of myself with this realization...is what lead me to WANT to be better and less sinful...one day at a time....thus the Good Works have followed....due to my Faith and belief that God gave His only son to be sacraficed for my sins, as the pure Lamb.

Well, this is probably all mumbo jumbo to those out there who are not Christian, and I realize such....

Joe,

I don't think those that have not become Christians will not be rewarded after death, with life...I think that they will be judged under the rules of the Law....by their works, and Christians will be judged by their beliefs/Faith and will be rewarded or not, for their deeds as well.

I believe that God knows all of us, starting from our inside, moving outwards...I believe that He knows all... I would NEVER PRESUME to know as much as Him or what His plan is for each and every soul being housed on Earth....

and just because you may not be a "believer" in Christ, does not mean you lack in morals or are a heathen as you made comment to above...I believe God seared right from wrong (the 10 commandments relating to right from wrong) in to our hearts or consciences, no matter what religion or non religion one may be! :D

And yes, I believe all of this, lock, stock, and barrel...but I also know that I do NOT know all and never will so I give unto God, what is His...

Care

Forum List

Back