Is England Lonely?

Actually I meant CG as being not European.
The Brits should be no Europeans ? What else ? Asians ? No, they are Europeans, as they are part of the culture and history of Europe.

YouTube - Eddie Izzard - The European Dream

They do not like the idea of the EU, but to me this is rather destructive.
The idea of the EU in general is a good one, we should therefore try to refine it and not totally throw it away.

Anyway - supporting the US here in a pub would not get you in trouble. Americans playing football are still seen as something cute and cuddly. So you still have a kind of puppy - license in that sport.

So, good luck for the world - cup CG and to England as well Madeleine.

(BTW - isn´t it funny, that there is no British national football team ?)

regards
ze germanguy

And Good Luck to Germany too.... Please don't win.... the Brits hate it when the Germans win. :lol::lol::lol:

Btw..... I like Germany.... you have a very interesting country.... I kind of expected the Germans to be a humorless bunch but you guys are actually very normal! :eek:

How can you not love a country that invented the coo coo clock?

cuckoo_clock.gif

The game is Football, FOOOOTBAAAAAL.....
The whole world knows that and only in the US it is Soccer, because you needed a game with enough breaks to put TV advertisements in.

So, show some respect to a sport which is fucking popular everywhere but in the US.

And: There are only three things to know about football:n

1. The ball is round
2. A match is 90 mi
3. In the end, Germany wins

and, the ball was NOT in !

Nuff said

regards
ze germanguy

i approve this message.

Funny what especially the Yanks sometimes think Germany would be.
But the stereotypes are there.
And yes, apart from the urge to invade someone around us, we are quite normal.

But the question of humor must b e discussed again:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naZgBhH9tc]YouTube - Lena is singing about her accent - Eurovision Song Contest 2010 Oslo 2nd Press Conference[/ame]

regards
ze germanguy

Well Madeline,

at least not Hitler, the Goosestep and helmets with little pikes on it. Hehe...

Ever been to my country ?
Then just skip the cuckoo-clocks, the Oktoberfest and the Black Forest Cake, there is much more to see and taste.

It is like we germans going to the US and expecting everybody wearing a Stetson, being a Hip-Hopper or wearing cowboy boots.

Sadly, most American tourists only rush into places like Heidelberg or Munich to look out for the above.

My recommendation would be the Rheingau (one of the best areas in the world for white wine) and with a nice tuscanese touch to it. Good food as well. Also beautiful is the german Baltic Coast or the area around Berlin. Still to be discovered by Americans as typical German and therefore always worth a visit.

And if it should be a forest area, go to the Harz and not the Black Forest.

Anyway, just visit us, we are rather friendly people and most people here speak english (kind of).

best regards

ze germanguy

I'd love to visit and I think it's darned nice of folks to try and master English just in case I do. I'd like to see some Bauhouse architecture. Kinda sorta reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright's stuff, and I love that as well.

imagen1.jpg

I'd love to visit and I think it's darned nice of folks to try and master English just in case I do. I'd like to see some Bauhouse architecture. Kinda sorta reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright's stuff, and I love that as well.

imagen1.jpg

if you want to see bauhaus architecture i recommend tel aviv.

Forum List

Back