Is "eis" a religion???

this is more like it...

coexist.jpg

I could be wrong, but Taoism hasn't really killed many people that I know of, nor have there been to many vicious attacks against Taoists and yet they appear on there too. It seems there is more to it than just being nice to each other. Just being nice to one another is called "accepting the individual and not necessarily their views" which is something most Christians do today. However, the idea of coexistence as expressed by those who put the idea forth really has to do with everyone putting aside their religion and accepting a one world religion.

When I say, "settle their differences" I am talking about physically no longer doing harm to one another.

You wouldn't be wrong as I understand it. I am unaware of any violence arising out of Taoism though, as you said, there has been much directed toward it. Certainly Taoism does not have as much violent history as even Buddhism does and certainly not as much as Shinto which is similar to both.

And as far as any of the named religions doing violence to each other, I agree all have long since settled any differences there and all coexist peacefully side by side with each other.

Except for Islam.

In small numbers or as a distinct minority, Islam is as peaceful as any other religion. But we have seen again and again that as Islam increases in numbers and influence in any place, the incidents of violence also increase as the advocates of the religion become ever more aggressive and assertive. Such happens with such regularity, that it seems to be inherent in the religion itself rather than coincidental.

Perhaps this new group is addressing that in a PC way? I hope so, for historically, no attempt by any relgion to create a one-world religion has had a positive outcome.

Last edited:
Perhaps this new group is addressing that in a PC way? I hope so, for historically, no attempt by any relgion to create a one-world religion has had a positive outcome.

I would consider that a possability if it weren't for the fact that a good percentage of the bumperstickers sold by them (them being the company with the copyright to the sticker: peacemonger.org) are pro-Obama which at the current moment translates to anti-Israel which translates to anti-Jew.

Yes it may sound like a cute and fuzzy catch phrase but just take a glance at the websites they promote on their sticker and you will see the real intent. No, they are not telling Muslims to coexist. Quite the opposite...

• Their answer at internationalanswer.org is to support the muslims.
  • Moveon.org .... do I have to say anything about this one
  • truthout.org... Hmmmm.... read these headlines t r u t h o u t | Search and you will find they are not very coexistent sounding either. :eusa_think:
Coexistence??? Na, I don't think so. Destruction of all things Judeo-Chrsitian sounds more like it.

Coexist-bumpersticker.jpg

Last edited:

I would consider that a possability if it weren't for the fact that a good percentage of the bumperstickers sold by them (them being the company with the copyright to the sticker: peacemonger.org) are pro-Obama which at the current moment translates to anti-Israel which translates to anti-Jew.

Yes it may sound like a cute and fuzzy catch phrase but just take a glance at the websites they promote on their sticker and you will see the real intent. No, they are not telling Muslims to coexist. Quite the opposite...

• Their answer at internationalanswer.org is to support the muslims.
  • Moveon.org .... do I have to say anything about this one
  • truthout.org... Hmmmm.... read these headlines t r u t h o u t | Search and you will find they are not very coexistent sounding either. :eusa_think:
Coexistence??? Na, I don't think so. Destruction of all things Judeo-Chrsitian sounds more like it.

Coexist-bumpersticker.jpg

Well let's hope their just another fringe group that has figured out how to pay themselves good money while pretending to do something noble and worthwhile. And if so, that makes them too inept to make much of a difference to anybody except to fleece them of perfectly good charitable donations.

But if your instincts prove to be correct and should this is some way be another tenacle of the 'new world order' beast, then you may be onto something. For in order to to achieve any sort of new world order, both Christianity and Judaism, along with the human rights and liberties that both demand, would have to be marginalized and reduced to little more than blips in the history books.

Such is not a happy prospect.

I guess TL has a problem with that

I don't have a problem with it. The Muslims do.

I'd say looking at the history there's plenty of blood to go around in that feud. What's wrong with promoting putting an end to it, and how does that affect anybody's personal beliefs?

While you're historically correct, the reality is that most people do 'co-exist' now in civilized countries.

The problem is the 1% who refuse to.

Ignoring that 1% is unrealistic.

I'd say looking at the history there's plenty of blood to go around in that feud. What's wrong with promoting putting an end to it, and how does that affect anybody's personal beliefs?

While you're historically correct, the reality is that most people do 'co-exist' now in civilized countries.

Not only unrealistic, but all too often very unwise. If there is only one poisonous snake in the midst of a barrel of snakes, some caution is warranted in dealing with those snakes.

Not only unrealistic, but all too often very unwise. If there is only one poisonous snake in the midst of a barrel of snakes, some caution is warranted in dealing with those snakes.

I think all of us wish we could sing kumbaya and play nice together. but as you point out there are some poisonous snakes.

The problem is striking a compromise between believing everyone can behave together and over-reaction.

Since at least three of the religions depicted believe in "absolutes," in order to "☪☮e✡is✞" one would to "believe" that there are no absolutes and in doing so, would be changing their religion to the religion of "☪☮e✡is✞ance"

Thoughts?

I don't have to believe that my religious beliefs are wrong in order to coexist with people who have other beliefs. All I have to do is respect their right to disagree with me.

I think all of us wish we could sing kumbaya and play nice together. but as you point out there are some poisonous snakes.

The problem is striking a compromise between believing everyone can behave together and over-reaction.

True. Which is why I'm not yet ready to cast aspersions on the group that is the subject of this thread just yet. If their thesis is genuine, I tend to believe they are simply charity opportunists or unrealistic dreamers at best. If their intent is more political, as TL suspects, then they might bear a bit of watching. But we won't hang them for a crime until we're sure they did it. :)

Since at least three of the religions depicted believe in "absolutes," in order to "☪☮e✡is✞" one would to "believe" that there are no absolutes and in doing so, would be changing their religion to the religion of "☪☮e✡is✞ance"

Thoughts?
I find it very interesting that sticker is always on the back of the cars owned by the most intolerant, creedist anti-religion people.

Thoughts?

I don't have to believe that my religious beliefs are wrong in order to coexist with people who have other beliefs. All I have to do is respect their right to disagree with me.

The part that I bold-ed is exactly my point. The problem is that most Christians and Jews already do this. If coexistence is all religions living side by side and not killing each other, great! which is what is currently taking place with all religions but Islam. Add in the fact that those proposing this "coexistence" are the most bigoted anti-Jewish, anti-Christian, pro-Muslim fanatics and you find that it has nothing to do with the term itself but rather the destruction of certain religious points of view.

I do respect their right to disagree with me, but when it comes down to them telling me to coexist while the are saying the Jews don't have a right to exist, it goes beyond just a simple phrase.

Last edited:
I am willing to co exist with anyone who will respect me as well,

However, the nature and history of Islam recalls the story of the frog and the scorpion. Such is the nature of islam, as is the nature of the scorpion.

Right... as opposed to the last 2000 years of Christian history, which has been all love and brotherly communion, the breaking of bread, and the saving of souls :rolleyes:

Thoughts?
I find it very interesting that sticker is always on the back of the cars owned by the most intolerant, creedist anti-religion people.
Someone put a sticker on my car?

Fucking bastards...

Nobody's ignoring the 1% fringe here, in any of the major religions. The bin Ladens or the Koreshes or McVeighs or any others.

What I was addressing is the premise of the OP, which claims that promoting coexistence in general somehow dilutes or changes the views of these religions to the point where they are no longer themselves.

My question is, how exactly does promoting one admittedly idealistic concept change anything about the religions themselves?

Am I the only one has no clue what the original posts says?

I can't read the original post on my screen.

I had to track down and read another post to see what the symbols actually said.

the term "☪☮e✡is✞" means coexist or cosexistance

Thoughts?

The part that I bold-ed is exactly my point. The problem is that most Christians and Jews already do this. If coexistence is all religions living side by side and not killing each other, great! which is what is currently taking place with all religions but Islam. Add in the fact that those proposing this "coexistence" are the most bigoted anti-Jewish, anti-Christian, pro-Muslim fanatics and you find that it has nothing to do with the term itself but rather the destruction of certain religious points of view.

I do respect their right to disagree with me, but when it comes down to them telling me to coexist while the are saying the Jews don't have a right to exist, it goes beyond just a simple phrase.

Light, you just took one idea and turned it into Pro-Israeli propaganda.

Well, I am going to take a sarcastic tone while taking up the Palestianian cause for a moment here.

If the Jews and the Christians can "coexist" and practice "coexistance" so damn well, then carve some land out of a Christian country and give it to the Jews! That is right--and oh, make it so that JEWS are shooting the CHRISTIANS for the land the CHRISTIANS are currently living on in that region!

Light, you just took one idea and turned it into Pro-Israeli propaganda.

Well, I am going to take a sarcastic tone while taking up the Palestianian cause for a moment here.

If the Jews and the Christians can "coexist" and practice "coexistance" so damn well, then carve some land out of a Christian country and give it to the Jews! That is right--and oh, make it so that JEWS are shooting the CHRISTIANS for the land the CHRISTIANS are currently living on in that region!

Jews already have a country.

Bummer, eh?

Forum List

Back