Is ‘Die Hard’ a Xmas movie?

Is ‘Die Hard’ a Xmas movie?

• No way. That makes baby Jesus cry.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He writes 'Now I have a machine gun, Ho Ho Ho' on a dead German terrorist wearing a Santa hat.

That sure isn't a Halloween reference.

Next Christmas I will be wearing an ugly sweater with that statement on it.

and technically it's. "ho....ho...ho..." via the acting brilliance of Mr Rickman,
It was a real shocker on how well he played a good guy in Sense and sensibility

He writes 'Now I have a machine gun, Ho Ho Ho' on a dead German terrorist wearing a Santa hat.

and technically it's. "ho....ho...ho..." via the acting brilliance of Mr Rickman,

He got typecast a bit as a snarky bad guy, but he did have range, similar to Gary Olden.

Well, my favorite Christmas movie is a Christmas Carol anyways. :D

Which one? Sim or Murray?

I'm not familiar with the actors' names, but I like the one from 1984 (which was made to look older), and I also like the old one from the 1930s, I think. I don't like the one that is like a musical version.

There is, and will always be, one acceptable 'Xmas Carol' ...

1354979665_1.png

That's the one I like. I recognize Scrooge immediately!

1951 ... with the superlative English actor, Alastair Sim ... seen below ...

article-0-01C5801200000578-795_468x653.jpg

:eek-52:

:dunno: I'm confused.

Which one? Sim or Murray?

I'm not familiar with the actors' names, but I like the one from 1984 (which was made to look older), and I also like the old one from the 1930s, I think. I don't like the one that is like a musical version.

There is, and will always be, one acceptable 'Xmas Carol' ...

1354979665_1.png

That's the one I like. I recognize Scrooge immediately!

1951 ... with the superlative English actor, Alastair Sim ... seen below ...

article-0-01C5801200000578-795_468x653.jpg

:eek-52:

:dunno: I'm confused.

In the 1954 film, ‘The Belles of St Trinians’, Sims played the part of the girl’s school head mistress in drag.

I wouldn't consider it a Christmas movie. While there are some holiday atmospheres, the plot itself has nothing to do with Christmas.

Taking this approach, It's a Wonderful Life isn't a Christmas movie. While there are some holiday atmospheres, the plot itself has nothing to do with Christmas...

Well there is a "Christmas lesson" in It's a Wonderful Life. Die Hard is an action film about bad guys versus good guys.

The story of Christmas is bad guys versus good guys too! In fact, it is the ultimate good guys versus bad guys.

I wouldn't consider it a Christmas movie. While there are some holiday atmospheres, the plot itself has nothing to do with Christmas.

Taking this approach, It's a Wonderful Life isn't a Christmas movie. While there are some holiday atmospheres, the plot itself has nothing to do with Christmas...

Well there is a "Christmas lesson" in It's a Wonderful Life. Die Hard is an action film about bad guys versus good guys.

The story of Christmas is bad guys versus good guys too! In fact, it is the ultimate good guys versus bad guys.
By that definition almost any movie is a Christmas movie.

Gremlins is .
.... mogolis(?) vs mean, hilarious reptilian creatures. Which in the end meant personal responsibility.

He got typecast a bit as a snarky bad guy, but he did have range, similar to Gary Olden.

Who?

Yes. Die Hard is a Christmas Movie. 6 Reasons why:

1. John McClane travels cross-country in hopes that the spirit of Christmas will save his family

2. McClane gives gifts to the good girls and boys, and solemn judgment to the rest

3. Sure, Die Hard came out in July, but Miracle on 34th Street premiered in May

4. "NOW I HAVE A MACHINE GUN. HO HO HO."

5. "Christmas in Hollis." Ahem:

6. His wife's name is Holly. I rest my case.

'Die Hard' Is a Christmas Movie, and Here's Why

Of course Die Hard is a Christmas movie, next!
It sends a message to terrorists that despite the holiday John McClane is on the job.View attachment 168027
C'mon people, he even has a Santa hat on as he blows bad guys away.
Nothing says Christ more than a Santa hat..
"Christ" ...what the bad guys say just before going to meet him when McClane fills 'em full of lead.
A religious epiphany right before death.
Almost brings a tear to my eye.:cry:
It's like genuflecting before the last breathe..
Gonna get deep here...I see the Santa hat representing justice administered by the holy angel St. Nick the supreme judge of ALL sent by Jesus himself to deliver justice to evil...

And to give the good kids toys.
Okay, back away from the eggnog...

Forum List

Back