Is Democracy lost amonst Americans?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
A new line of work is not the answer. all of the markets that you have mentioned are themselves victims of the anti-competitiveness that I talked about. As we speak, contracts are negotiated on a daily basis that the provider knowingly and willingly takes a loss on the first half of the contract in order to ensure its obtaining the contract. While this in itself may be technically legal it is certainly not ethical or competitive. Not only that, but no matter what line of business the small to medium business owner starts or already owns, there can be little to no competition on a global scale if the environment is not regulated to be a fair opportunity to begin with.

So all you expect is global fairness. Good luck with that.

Keep seeing blackness and doom and that is what you will reap. The world is not this impossible. There are big boys to deal with in all industries, true, but the mighty can fall, and not only through communist revolution or excessive taxation.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
So all you expect is global fairness. Good luck with that.

Keep seeing blackness and doom and that is what you will reap. The world is not this impossible. There are big boys to deal with in all industries, true, but the mighty can fall, and not only through communist revolution or excessive taxation.

oh please. what kind of BS are you spewing?

If you had some comprehension you'd know that I was talking about a fairness in opportunity, not from start to finish in your business.

Global fairness? No, without government regulation for anti-comptetiveness you will never see it, thats why it needs to happen. If you think that a free and open market will lead to a land of bountiful and plentiful opportunities then you need to triple your drug dosage. Mom's five and dime grocery in poedunk, missouri population 200 SHOULD have a fair shot at competing with super walmart without being cutout of a cheap supply because of an exclusion clause, whatever happens after that is based on the business sense.

as for your 'blackness and doom' quip, your little snippets of 'wisdom' are worth about as much as my bucket of dog feces. keep it to yourself because I have enough of my own.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
oh please. what kind of BS are you spewing?
The true kind.
If you had some comprehension you'd know that I was talking about a fairness in opportunity, not from start to finish in your business.

Global fairness? No, without government regulation for anti-comptetiveness you will never see it, thats why it needs to happen. If you think that a free and open market will lead to a land of bountiful and plentiful opportunities then you need to triple your drug dosage.
I'm not saying it will be easy, but the alternative, stifling growth and innovation through onerous regulation and social burdens, will cause the entire society to sufffer in ALL ways.
Mom's five and dime grocery in poedunk, missouri population 200 SHOULD have a fair shot at competing with super walmart
think euthanasia.

without being cutout of a cheap supply because of an exclusion clause, whatever happens after that is based on the business sense.

as for your 'blackness and doom' quip, your little snippets of 'wisdom' are worth about as much as my bucket of dog feces. keep it to yourself because I have enough of my own. [/B]

I've never seen such pride in an abundance of dog feces! I guess every family needs heirlooms.:clap1:

when a company has so much power that it can control the suppliers.....isnt this awfull close to what a monopoly is??? think standard oil...J.P. GETTY....may be the laws we already have just need to be inforced or tightened up some???

...Is the dark side of capitalism. The side of economic Darwinism...where businesses stay competitive by rule of tooth and claw and profit is the end all and be all.

The world is not ready for unregulated free markets, and until environmental and labor protections, as strong as the protections for business, are written into the WTO, we will continue to see economies throughout the world sinking to the lowest common denominator.

In America, the middle class will continue to shrink, poverty will continue to rise, and the gap petween the richest and poorest will continue to grow.

That is where the economic policies put forth by the Bush administration and authored by the Project for the New American Century will take us...

Originally posted by Psychoblues
I repeat, you need to check your figures but now I must insist that you check your facts. Those, at least in the payroll tax and poverty levels, that paid no federal income tax in 2000 also received no rebate in 2001 and those that did had to repay in 2002.

You don't mean to suggest that people who don't pay taxes should get a tax rebate doo you?

Originally posted by Bern80
You don't mean to suggest that people who don't pay taxes should get a tax rebate doo you?

That's exactly what he does mean.

Opposition to tax reduction is advocacy of income redistribution.

Forum List

Back