Is Dean a lunatic?

I listened to this again. I can't tell if it's some pathetic fool that thinks he can be the next president or if it's a broadcast of the WWE.

This man hasn't the temperment to run a newspaper stand let alone the presidency.

I'll have to say that this guy scares the hell out of me. As we say in KY, he's as crazy as a run over dog. I kept waiting for him to use Nikita Ks "We will bury you" line.

Originally posted by jon_forward
watched him get 3rd last niteand be the way he acted you would have thought he won....can you say ....deniel ????

who's daniel?

Dean's performance last night will be the political equivalent of the Steve Balmer "Dance Monkey Boy" video.

It was excruciating, but fascinating, to watch. He came completely undone. The seething anger with the pasted on smile / grimace. Creepy in the extreme.

Although, I was impressed that he remembered the names of so many states.

:scratch:

I think Dean is a bit off the mark. Scary, just scary. BTW I felt the same about Gingrich, when he had some power. He's ok now, as a commentator, but back then...whew!

Dean is....an interesting individual...

However, as strange as his concession (?) speech after the Iowa caucus was, I saw something on Special Report today that I felt was a little more odd. At a rally today, as the third and final Larouche supporter was being thrown out of his rally in New Hampshire, Dean spontaneously began singing the national anthem. Anyone else see that and think it was peculiar?

I hesitate to mention he stumbled over a few lines, as that's not really my point.

I think Dean's physician wife has substituted sugar pills for his meds.

He is a whack job - and she doesn't want him to be President.

A tinfoil hat theory, but as good as any other.

Yeah, Dean's done, I think. You know, if you still think media bias doesn't exist, think about how much of a shoe-in Dean was made out to be by far the most popular one out of all of them, and he comes in THIRD!

I'm happy to see Kerry's doing so well, I'm liking him a lot more than anybody else, even though he supports affirmative action, which I don't (I've been reading up, Moi, aren't ya proud?:) ). I still like him better than any of the other candidates, though I still think Bush'll win.

O'Reilly made a pretty funny comment tonight about how the Bush campaigners must be really pissed now because they had nothing to worry about back when it was looking like Dean was the frontrunner. Now, they're actually going to have to work instead of just letting the opponent bury himself.

I can't tell if it's some pathetic fool that thinks he can be the next president or if it's a broadcast of the WWE.

I thought the same thing! I was ready for him to tear his shirt in half and "I Wanna be a Deanamaniac" to start playing on the PA. That would've been funny. Maybe it's just me.:rolleyes:

who's daniel?

Me.:D

Did anyone happen to hear Dean's Roseanne-esque rendition of the Star Spangled Banner this morning?

I heard it was quite a doozy.

He is definitely going off the deep-end.

Did anyone happen to hear Dean's Roseanne-esque rendition of the Star Spangled Banner this morning?

I missed it. I'm hoping to catch it on a re-run. Is that the same instance that Zhukov is talking about??

He is definitely going off the deep-end.

I'd have to agree. However, it's kind of entertaining to see the wild look in his eyes with that sneaky little leer. Its kind of like watching Jack Nicholson go nuts in "The Shining".

By the time the NH Caucus rolls around, I wouldnt doubt if he's drooling all over himself babbling like a nonsensical moron.

That was one of the best unintentionally funny things I've ever seen. How could anyone vote for him now?

Lucianne has a fairly good analysis of Dean's recent performance:

In Walter Shapiro's quite insightful and ignored new book, One-Car Caravan, he writes of a long, cold car ride in the back seat of a car with Howard Dean and a driver.

This was only the third in-depth interview with a national political reporter and before Dean had learned some of the subtleties of spin. Shapiro asks him how he decided to run for president.

Dean replies:

"The answer should be that I deeply care about it, and I thought it all out. But the way it happens is that I'm very intuitive, so I was driven toward running before I knew why I was doing it."

He then launches into his stump speech - he wants health care. He wants a balanced budget. He wants a decent foreign policy. Blah, blah, yeah yeah...then circles back to his real motive.

"I decided in August 2001 that I wasn't going to run again for governor. It then quickly came to me that I had a choice of joining boards and swearing at the New York Times every morning. Basically, I was in a position where I thought I could run for president, so I decided that I was going to."

All he needed was a web site and a theme.

Could it be that what we witnessed Monday night was a man who had made a really bad life course decision and was in the middle of a heart-stopping revelation that he was in to something way, way over his head. Rather like drowning.

http://www.lucianne.com/

Forum List

Back