Is Criticizing Israel Becoming A Potential Death Sentence For Jews?

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
I was shocked by a recent article written by American Jewish Professor Marc Ellis on Mondoweiss.

Even though I certainly am aware that Jews who criticize the unlawful practices of Israel have recently faced much and ever growing unfair criticism and demonization and slanderous character attacks and character assassination, in both the US and Israel.

But this man speaks of plans he had been making to go into a witness protection program, for fear of his life being taken by Jews or their enablers, over simply being a witness in a trial, the trial of the Holy Land Five (who were convicted to prison for giving money to Palestinian charities).

"Exile and the prophetic: When the Holy Land 5 attorneys reached out to me
by Marc H. Ellis on November 1, 2012 "

"My decision to testify is ephemeral compared to suffering of the Holy Land Five. Nonetheless, it is interesting to think about. After all, I was directing a Center for Jewish Studies in the heart of the Bible Belt. I was the only director of such a center in the nation –perhaps in the world – with views like mine. To put it mildly the local Jewish community and their national enablers were constantly on my case.

If I had testified for the defense, my fate would have been sealed – earlier. I say ‘earlier’ because the fate of a Jew of Conscience in American institutional life is fated. It’s only a matter of time.

If I testified, I would have asked for a witness protection program. Relocation would be mandatory. By now, I’d have taken a new name and changed my facial features. I’d be writing under a nom de plume.

Whose witness protection program would I choose? It couldn’t be the one run by the United States government. They wouldn’t take me.

Jews of Conscience should have their own witness protection program. I can imagine meeting a Rabbi from Jewish Voices for Peace who, like me, has gone underground. For the most part, Rabbis go incognito anyway. How else could they survive a mainstream congregation? They might as well do it for justice.

Those who enable Israeli oppression of Palestinians would have found me. It’s hard to stay underground when you have no place to go and there’s Jewish power around every corner in the land.

What sealed my fate – later - is the essence of what it means to be Jewish. It is to be a pariah – for the sake of justice."

Exile and the prophetic: When the Holy Land 5 attorneys reached out to me | Mondoweiss

I love his final comments in this article, and I think within the community of Jews in our world today, that is the real struggle, perhaps, the very essence of the struggle identified. The struggle is over what being a Jew really is! Is a Jew simply being a good Zionist or is it something more, something worth striving to protect and save, so precious that Jews of conscience like Mark Ellis are willing to sacrifice their lives to preserve it and keep it alive?

Why am I, a Christian, concerned about what happens to Jewish people? Because I believe, with all of my heart, that they, and every other man, woman, and child in this world, were created by one God, and that we all were created in His image, and all of our lives matter to Him. He loves all of us! And He desires all to treat one another Justly!

Sherri

Last edited:
that's the point

Why am I, a Christian, concerned about what happens to Jewish people? Because I believe, with all of my heart, that they, and every other man, woman, and child in this world, were created by one God, and that we all were created in His image, and all of our lives matter to Him. He loves all of us!

I was shocked by a recent article written by American Jewish Professor Marc Ellis on Mondoweiss.

Even though I certainly am aware that Jews who criticize the unlawful practices of Israel have recently faced much and ever growing unfair criticism and demonization and slanderous character attacks and character assassination, in both the US and Israel.

But this man speaks of plans he had been making to go into a witness protection program, for fear of his life being taken by Jews or their enablers, over simply being a witness in a trial, the trial of the Holy Land Five (who were convicted to prison for giving money to Palestinian charities).

"Exile and the prophetic: When the Holy Land 5 attorneys reached out to me
by Marc H. Ellis on November 1, 2012 "

"My decision to testify is ephemeral compared to suffering of the Holy Land Five. Nonetheless, it is interesting to think about. After all, I was directing a Center for Jewish Studies in the heart of the Bible Belt. I was the only director of such a center in the nation –perhaps in the world – with views like mine. To put it mildly the local Jewish community and their national enablers were constantly on my case.

If I had testified for the defense, my fate would have been sealed – earlier. I say ‘earlier’ because the fate of a Jew of Conscience in American institutional life is fated. It’s only a matter of time.

If I testified, I would have asked for a witness protection program. Relocation would be mandatory. By now, I’d have taken a new name and changed my facial features. I’d be writing under a nom de plume.

Whose witness protection program would I choose? It couldn’t be the one run by the United States government. They wouldn’t take me.

Jews of Conscience should have their own witness protection program. I can imagine meeting a Rabbi from Jewish Voices for Peace who, like me, has gone underground. For the most part, Rabbis go incognito anyway. How else could they survive a mainstream congregation? They might as well do it for justice.

Those who enable Israeli oppression of Palestinians would have found me. It’s hard to stay underground when you have no place to go and there’s Jewish power around every corner in the land.

What sealed my fate – later - is the essence of what it means to be Jewish. It is to be a pariah – for the sake of justice."

Exile and the prophetic: When the Holy Land 5 attorneys reached out to me | Mondoweiss

I love his final comments in this article, and I think within the community of Jews in our world today, that is the real struggle, perhaps, the very essence of the struggle identified. The struggle is over what being a Jew really is! Is a Jew simply being a good Zionist or is it something more, something worth striving to protect and save, so precious that Jews of conscience like Mark Ellis are willing to sacrifice their lives to preserve it and keep it alive?

Why am I, a Christian, concerned about what happens to Jewish people? Because I believe, with all of my heart, that they, and every other man, woman, and child in this world, were created by one God, and that we all were created in His image, and all of our lives matter to Him. He loves all of us! And He desires all to treat one another Justly!

Sherri
Not just the holy 5, cherie

In USA you get sacked from your job, hounded, threatened, harassed, voted out of office....all sorts for criticizing Israel;

They shut Obama up totally did they not??

Edward Said, Tikkun, the Harvard professors who criticised the Israel Lobby AIPAC

Land of the free, my ass

the USA is so oppressively zionist dominated but despite that, opinion is turning against israel even among young USA Jews.

No USA president since Nixon could exert enough pressure on Israel as a true friend and get it to quit thieving, act decently and make true peace.

They would be voted out of office or even impeached. See what Obama can do in a 2nd term but I aint holding my breath...his hands are still tied by zio-congress, mid terms etc.

The BBC faces an organised zionist onslaught when it tells truths about Israel tho it still does, very very carefully.

But thanx to folx like us and Israel's awful behaviour, the world is waking up; the holocaust wolf cry card doesn't work so well as it did and there's hope

as the wonderful israeli national anthem says..

Ha Tikva...the hope....let it live up to its exalted name and aspiration

Last edited:
ROFLMAO-----poor sherry----praying to her imaginary 'god'
that jews will kill each other It is not the first time I heard
about this wishful thinking on the part of islamo nazi pigs
MORE THAN 40 years ago----I was a young and held a
little part time job in a hospital-----weekend thing to pay
college tuition One day ----a young pakistani doc
told me-----in a somewhat cheerful tone---"Israel will be
gone in two years" I asked why he thought so----
answer "The Sephardis and the Ashkenazis are killing
each other" It was the first time in my life I
ever heard a gentile use those terms -----I was fascinated
It was not the last time I have been "INFORMED"
"jews are killing each other" by HOPEFUL islamo nazis
So good that mondoweiss has figured out---how
to make a living

Sherri---how about you give us a list of jews killed by other
jews for CRITISIZING ISRAEL -----20 names will be enough

ROFLMAO-----poor sherry----praying to her imaginary 'god'
that jews will kill each other It is not the first time I heard
about this wishful thinking on the part of islamo nazi pigs
MORE THAN 40 years ago----I was a young and held a
little part time job in a hospital-----weekend thing to pay
college tuition One day ----a young pakistani doc
told me-----in a somewhat cheerful tone---"Israel will be
gone in two years" I asked why he thought so----
answer "The Sephardis and the Ashkenazis are killing
each other" It was the first time in my life I
ever heard a gentile use those terms -----I was fascinated
It was not the last time I have been "INFORMED"
"jews are killing each other" by HOPEFUL islamo nazis
So good that mondoweiss has figured out---how
to make a living

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!! :lol::lol::lol::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Irosie will snap lmao. She's losing patience.

I'm sure that's the vodka in works.

standard policy? how did this massive conspiracy come about? fired by whom? all the employers of the world are IN ON THIS IDEA?

Thanks sherri-----until I read your quotation from mondoweiss----I did not know that he is a manic

You haven't been following the news.

What? The news said that it is 'standard policy' for employers the world over to sack Jewish people who voice opposition to Israeli policies etc?

Rick Sanchez for one.

Rick Sanchez said it is standard policy the world over for employers to sack Jewish people who criticize Israel? Was he broadcasting from a psychiatric institution? :badgrin:
Oh - got a link?
(Don't really want it btw)

anjel---please read below from mondoweiss

what do you think the DSM IV
would make of this guy?

anjel---please read below from mondoweiss

what do you think the DSM IV
would make of this guy?

Well he sounds like a nut of the paranoid variety to me? Also the last sentence you quote doesn't make sense to me. I'll have to read the article now - I just read the excerpt that Sherri so kindly provided and couldn't be bothered :eusa_shifty:.

What? The news said that it is 'standard policy' for employers the world over to sack Jewish people who voice opposition to Israeli policies etc?

Rick Sanchez for one.

Rick Sanchez said it is standard policy the world over for employers to sack Jewish people who criticize Israel? Was he broadcasting from a psychiatric institution? :badgrin:
Oh - got a link?
(Don't really want it btw)

Rick Sanchez was fired for saying jews rig the media and own most of the media in the USA

Any US politician who criticizes Israel or makes a statement that Israel and Bush both agreed on.

Such as Barack Obama. He said it should be based on 67 borders, the two state solution, Bush said the same thing, so did Israeli prime minsters.

But what so you know....he had to correct himself like a dog on a leash for his Zionist masters.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back