Is Constitutionalism a religion?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
I believe in isonomy where laws are practiced and enforced equally among people and responsibility is shared. ethics-commission.net

I believe the spirit of Constitutional laws is based on consent of the governed, equal protection of the laws, and unobstructed free speech, free press and right to petition to redress grievances, in order to facilitate democratic due process.

In order to protect all interests equally, I believe in resolving conflicts by consensus so laws reflect the consent of the public and policies are not made by manipulating majority-rule or conflicts of interest. Especially where religious beliefs are involved, I believe consensus is legally necessary to protect interests equally, instead of imposing a law or ruling by government which carries a bias favoring one side over another which I believe is unconstitutional.

Do my standards on Constitutional law constitute a religion? Or a different denomination of Constitutionalism? Is belief in isonomy a philosophy or is it a political religion?

I believe in isonomy where laws are practiced and enforced equally among people and responsibility is shared. ethics-commission.net

I believe the spirit of Constitutional laws is based on consent of the governed, equal protection of the laws, and unobstructed free speech, free press and right to petition to redress grievances, in order to facilitate democratic due process.

In order to protect all interests equally, I believe in resolving conflicts by consensus so laws reflect the consent of the public and policies are not made by manipulating majority-rule or conflicts of interest. Especially where religious beliefs are involved, I believe consensus is legally necessary to protect interests equally, instead of imposing a law or ruling by government which carries a bias favoring one side over another which I believe is unconstitutional.

Do my standards on Constitutional law constitute a religion? Or a different denomination of Constitutionalism? Is belief in isonomy a philosophy or is it a political religion?

Seems everything is a religion these days, Obamaism, Darwinism, Marxism, Libertarianism, "Global Warming"ism, Palinism, Beckism, etc., etc., etc. :eusa_pray:

Is it a religion? I don't know and i wouldn't have thought so... but on closer examination i do start to see some similarities... namely my reaction to someone railing on and on about how they have the true faith, the only real faith, that all others are inferior or wrong, and that only those that think like them have a chance at salvation...

whenever that happens, be it over faith or the constitution, my first thought is "asshole"

Is it a religion? I don't know and i wouldn't have thought so... but on closer examination i do start to see some similarities... namely my reaction to someone railing on and on about how they have the true faith, the only real faith, that all others are inferior or wrong, and that only those that think like them have a chance at salvation...

whenever that happens, be it over faith or the constitution, my first thought is "asshole"

Actually, one of the most popular religions in the world. :cool:

Forum List

Back