Is compromise always the best or even a good solution?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Many people seem to think that we all need to work together and compromise in order to get the best outcome. But is it the best or even a good solution? Id like to hear some thoughts.

I posted this here because it seems to be an ethical question or at least that's the best category I could think to put it in. Im still not sure it fits completely.

Many people seem to think that we all need to work together and compromise in order to get the best outcome. But is it the best or even a good solution? Id like to hear some thoughts.

I posted this here because it seems to be an ethical question or at least that's the best category I could think to put it in. Im still not sure it fits completely.

The broad answer is, "Yes, no, a little bit, maybe so."

The fact is that one has to target a specific situation on this one in order to get an actual opinion.

In the battle between good and evil, only evil benefits from concessions from the good.

Is compromise always the best solution?

Not necessarily. There are times that compromises are detrimental to a situation, and a solitary and clear decision must be taken.

This does not mean that one should never compromise. In fact, compromise seems to work when any other attempts neglect the pressing issues at hand.

Let me guess, you have been reading Democratic Propaganda, haven't you?? They were not offering a compromise. They were offering "their way" and arguing that it was a compromise.

To assume that the right solution will always be compromise or somewhere in the center is foolish IMO.

Not necessarily. There are times that compromises are detrimental to a situation, and a solitary and clear decision must be taken.

This does not mean that one should never compromise. In fact, compromise seems to work when any other attempts neglect the pressing issues at hand.

Let me guess, you have been reading Democratic Propaganda, haven't you?? They were not offering a compromise. They were offering "their way" and arguing that it was a compromise.

You don't know Avatar that well do you.

You don't know Avatar that well do you.

Actually, no.

Nor Have I seen the movie.....:doubt:

You can't really compromise in some places. What works better is to understand the opposite position better, and just don't stamp your heels with your fingers in your ears.

Like with Health care costs. Both sides agree there is a fire. The Dems want to extinguish it with gasoline, the Reps want to use water. Combining solutions would just make the problem worse.

New Topics

Forum List

Back